Michael Vick isn't happy with his former teammate Riley Cooper

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/michael-vick-isn-t-happy-with-his-former-teammate-riley-cooper-082714

Michael Vick once did a very nice thing for Riley Cooper.

If you remember a year ago, the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver came under fire when video surfaced of Cooper using a racial slur at a concert. The national media came down on his head and Cooper was in a tough spot. The first person who to his defense? Vick.
FOX SPORTS DAILY
NFL TEAM EDITION
NFL News To Your Inbox!
CHOOSE YOUR TEAM(S)

*By clicking "SUBSCRIBE", you have read and agreed to the Fox Sports Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
SUBSCRIBE

"We had guys (on the Eagles) talking about knocking him out, taking his head off, doing X, Y and Z to him on the field, and none of that happened, out of respect for myself I think," Vick said to ESPN (via the Newark Star Ledger).

"I changed the whole dynamic of that situation, and that was a proud moment for me . . . I was able to save a young man's career, and that young man went on to have the greatest year of his career and get a contract that he probably never imagined he would get."

Eventually, the controversy passed, the season went off and Cooper even scored a new contract from the Eagles. Vick left Philadelphia, signing a free-agent deal with the New York Jets. But one thing has stuck in Vick's craw.

"A couple of things transpired since [the incident] that I dislike, and I'll be honest with you," Vick said to ESPN. "After he signed his contract, I sent him a text and I never got a text back, and that made me feel certain type of way. But I'm not the type of guy who holds grudges."

Fair enough. After all, Vick was there for Cooper in his time of need. Shouldn't Riley hold a special place for Vick in his mind? What if the roles had been reversed and it was Cooper who came to Mike's aid?

"I'd have you on speed dial. That's the only reason I say I hope Riley appreciates that," Vick said. "His life is his life and he played good football last year, and he was always like a little brother to me. But money should never change an individual, and I'm not saying it did that to Riley."

And despite his comments, Vick said he's ready to greet Cooper with open arms when the two teams meet on Thursday in the preseason finale. So, that's good. But still, come on Riley. Return your texts.

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    how yall feel about this......vick is starting to ? to get in good with ? nem
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rowdy Racist Riley Cooper
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so this ? aint realize this hunkie said ? ? not nigguh but ? . and you actually thought he liked ? . nah ? you a dumb muthafucka. i used to be a big vick fan but now i hate that ? ron mexico
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

What are you talking about? He's basically calling Riley out for being ungrateful. How is that trying to get in good with "? ."
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What are you talking about? He's basically calling Riley out for being ungrateful. How is that trying to get in good with "? ."

Well... Probably because this ? here
    And despite his comments, Vick said he's ready to greet Cooper with open arms when the two teams meet on Thursday in the preseason finale. So, that's good. But still, come on Riley. Return your texts.
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude was put in a bad position. Them crackas kept bringing up dog fighting to justify Cooper not being cut from the team. Of course Vick had to talk about redemption and back Cooper up or be seen as a hypocrite.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

how you gonna defend a white boy saying ? against another black man?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Vick shouldn't have defended Cooper. Although his heart was in the right place.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Vick shouldn't have defended Cooper. Although his heart was in the right place.

was his heart really in the right place?
    or was he trying to be the leader most said he couldnt be.

a good leader understands and respects both sides but wrong is wrong.

why is he so fair when no one was being fair to him?

did the whiteby ever say....lets get past the dog stuff?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the thing:

Vick had no choice but to defend Racist Cooper. Think on it: all these people reporting this story keep coming back to this point; the point that Vick was given a second chance when people wanted him out of the league.

As the QB - and leader - of the locker room, he really was the only thing keeping the Eagles from imploding, and if he had just stepped aside and let dem boyz handle Racist, the media would've crucified Vick AGAIN, with ? like:

"See, this is what happened when we let "thugs" back into the league"

"Vick had a chance to be a real good guy and didn't"

"Vick hasn't changed at all since his dogfighting days"

Yeah, he would've heard that "cancer" ? all over again. He played it the way he should've. It's a ? up thing Cooper won't even acknowledge that ? , but Vick just gotta chalk that ? up to the politics of the No Fun League.

That being said, I hope someone from the sorry-ass Jags levels the ? out of Racist Cooper Week 1, and my young boy from UCLA Jordan Matthews gets those catches fro the season.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Here's the thing:

Vick had no choice but to defend Racist Cooper. Think on it: all these people reporting this story keep coming back to this point; the point that Vick was given a second chance when people wanted him out of the league.

As the QB - and leader - of the locker room, he really was the only thing keeping the Eagles from imploding, and if he had just stepped aside and let dem boyz handle Racist, the media would've crucified Vick AGAIN, with ? like:

Yeah, he would've heard that "cancer" ? all over again. He played it the way he should've. It's a ? up thing Cooper won't even acknowledge that ? , but Vick just gotta chalk that ? up to the politics of the No Fun League.

That being said, I hope someone from the sorry-ass Jags levels the ? out of Racist Cooper Week 1, and my young boy from UCLA Jordan Matthews gets those catches fro the season.

matthews.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how you gonna defend a white boy saying ? against another black man?

His actions were less about defending Cooper, and more about stopping the team from imploding. He basically said as much.

That shouldn't really be an issue. It's what most team leaders would do. The issue is his feelings being hurt because a racist cracka didn't return his text. That's some ? ? if I ever heard it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Here's the thing:

but they still say this stuff
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how you gonna defend a white boy saying ? niggger against another black man?

Dnt be ilike them, both are unacceptable for,whites but its a bigndifferene Big difference
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Vick defended him , cause he had to. then he wouldn't be ? over a text.
    he woulda knew it was buisness, and he did what he had to. he wouldn't even be talking to the dude, let alone texting him.

Since he's ? , it shows, its cause he wanted to defend him.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Mike Vick ever thank Mcnabb?
    Mcnabb was the one who asked The eagles to consider Mike Vick.
    S2J wrote: »
    Vick is the perfect example of 'tell you dim your lights, be humble'. The villifying of the outspoken and/or aggressive black man, first external and eventually, like the current Vick, personally inflicted

1st he gets out of jail and thanks not ? but Roger Goodell and Andy Reid, like they were hia father or some ? . Then once the media clipped his nuts and convinced him he was the worst human being ever, he took over from there. He practically lays down in his competetion w/ Nick Foles. He actually wins the job, gets hurt, then when Foles jacks his starting position he sounds relieved, supports him

Then he supports Riley Coooer. Thats when people realiz3d what i was already noticing.

Then, to show he's 100% the emasculated black man, he goes to NY where they have a ? 2nd year QB, but he doesnt feel he should dare rock the boat and say he's gonna fight, instead he says 'this is Geno's team'. Lays down again. Article just came out the other day his teammates were dissapointed he didnt fight for the strting job

In comparison, Chad Henne, garbage vet, wins the starting job
    Matt Cassell, garbage vet, wins the job
    Brian Hoyer---Brian Hoyer!---wins the starting job
    Ryan Fitzpatrick...couldnt cut it for the Bills, but gets a starting job

The ngga is lost. I wont call him a ? , bc Vick is good dude. But i think his previous situation and backlash subconciously nuetered him (irony)

your post was deep.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too late to speak.bout it now
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Scuting.

I hope he gets taken out. He'd have been out of the league and blackballed if it weren't for Mike. Some ? get money and act like ain't noone help em get there.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if cooper just got a new number? And is looking at the news like.. what the? that would make this story hilarious