CM Punk Suing WWE Over Likeness In WWE 2K15

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
WWE2k15cover2.jpg

For those of you hoping to see CM Punk one last time in a WWE video game you may be disappointed. It is being reported that CM Punk is suing WWE over his likeness being used in WWE 2K15!

A report coming from Wrestling Observer Newsletter reveals that CM Punk’s lawyers have written a 22-page letter to WWE seeking royalties for the wrestling superstar’s likeness being used in WWE 2K15. It appears that CM Punk is no longer receiving any royalties from WWE since he left the company shortly after the Royal Rumble at the beginning of the year.

Nothing has been officially confirmed by either party, but if this is true; this could make Punk fans extremely upset! We will be sure to update you more on this rumor when more details unfold.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Cm Punk gonna save TN... nevermind.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doesn't Vince make contracts where he owns the name and likeness?
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He breached first though so the judge may go with Titan sports
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sadly...he breached so he probably doesn't have much of a case. Unless they found something worth arguing he wasting his money on lawyers.

• VIBE
    Options
    Maybe it's more so a "? you, I fight back" type of move. He knows he'll lose but gives no ? and will make Vince's life hell for ? him over?
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince McMahon = suge knight
  • RawAce
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »

How so
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    lookdude wrote: »

How so

Suge knights own artists hated him
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

i think paul helped fight to keep that for punk
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Sadly...he breached so he probably doesn't have much of a case. Unless they found something worth arguing he wasting his money on lawyers.

Actually he does have a case. He owns the CM Punk name and trademark; not WWE. Therefore they need his permission to even use it. This ? is going to get ugly.
  • jono
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Actually he does have a case. He owns the CM Punk name and trademark; not WWE. Therefore they need his permission to even use it. This ? is going to get ugly.

This should be fun then. That said, ? will learn why WWE randomly generates names, so they won't have to go through ? like this.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

This should be fun then. That said, ? will learn why WWE randomly generates names, so they won't have to go through ? like this.

I think we all understand it, its just lame. If they didnt treat talent like ? and make dumb decisions then they wouldnt have to worry about it.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    afew yrs down the line Punk will come back watch

Austin did it
    Brock did it
    Sable did it
    N.A.O did it
    Macho Man was about to do it

hell the two dudes who hated Vince most Bret and Warrior did it
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    afew yrs down the line Punk will come back watch

Austin did it
    Brock did it
    Sable did it
    N.A.O did it
    Macho Man was about to do it

hell the two dudes who hated Vince most Bret and Warrior did it

I agree, Punk may hate the fans/Vince/HHH whatever but he loves wrestling. He will come back eventually. Even Sting made the jump which is something people just KNEW would NEVER happen.
  • jono
    Options
    I don't think Vince is the problem this time. As far as what I can gather it's HHH. It's been said that punk and Vince have a good relationship and that Vince personally tried to get him to return.

The issue seems to be the Levesques as both HHH and Stephanie don't seem to be big supporters of Punk despite both of then working with him.

I think he will return too but it's going to be awhile and he may never wrestle again. I thought Lesnar and Warrior were never coming back and I was wrong, I thought Bret and Bruno weren't coming back either and I was wrong there too. So, because we humans love patterns, I say as ugly as this will get he will be back in some capacity...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

I think Punk trademarked the name before signing with WWE which was the smart thing to do
  • RawAce
    Options
    I believe punk will wrestle again but unless this is a work, I can't see him coming back to wwe.

I don't think his beef is with the fans or pro wrestling . I think this is solely about the politics of working for wwe.. And the schedule
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wish he didnt quit, but i wish more wrestlers stood up or tried to stand up for themselves like punk
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    I don't think Vince is the problem this time. As far as what I can gather it's HHH. It's been said that punk and Vince have a good relationship and that Vince personally tried to get him to return.

The issue seems to be the Levesques as both HHH and Stephanie don't seem to be big supporters of Punk despite both of then working with him.

I think he will return too but it's going to be awhile and he may never wrestle again. I thought Lesnar and Warrior were never coming back and I was wrong, I thought Bret and Bruno weren't coming back either and I was wrong there too. So, because we humans love patterns, I say as ugly as this will get he will be back in some capacity...

that is true, Vince been the one tryin to bring him back while HHH and Steph throw salt and hold a grudge. Vince used to be the one notorious for grudges but he got over that ? . I'll give em that much.

I still think wrestling as whole will be better when Vince is gone tho.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Trips ain't into playing immature games though..

I don't blame him for disliking Punk..

maybe the one of the GOAT times in wrestling 10/8 Punk promo made him salty towards him..
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Options

Punk owns his name dude. Also, I stopped watching WWE casually when Punk left. WWE is so boring now.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Plus, Punk should sign with NJPW or go to AAA Wrestling. He could get NJPW in the American market. That's just my opinion though.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited September 2014
    Options

maybe the one of the GOAT times in wrestling 10/8 Punk promo made him salty towards him..

lol do what? HHH is the king of immature games.

I can blame him for disliking Punk, he did plenty to make himself disliked. you know, like trying to make Orton/Batista the main event of WM, holding Punk back by entering a pointless feud and going over Punk because of Kevin Nash, etc.

HHH is not innocent and he did plenty to get himself disliked. Punk isnt an angel either but lets not get it twisted, HHH is/was a ? . and yeah Im sure that pipebomb promo made HHH salty, but holding grudges like that is immature.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options

lol do what? HHH is the king of immature games.

I can blame him for disliking Punk, he did plenty to make himself disliked. you know, like trying to make Orton/Batista the main event of WM, holding Punk back by entering a pointless feud and going over Punk because of Kevin Nash, etc.

HHH is not innocent and he did plenty to get himself disliked. Punk isnt an angel either but lets not get it twisted, HHH is/was a ? . and yeah Im sure that pipebomb promo made HHH salty, but holding grudges like that is immature.

Word