Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo we using 2 year old clips

Saddddd

Sound hurt, 2 years ago is when homie started popping off about being the best.

And what I posted wasn't no diss, just shows the type of wideout he has the most issues with.

You mad Saddddd.

What he's saying is if you have to pull up footage from 2 years ago to prove a CB can be beat...
  • S2J
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Basically it all boils down to this: We're all spoiled by Deion.

Deion couldnt tackle, but that was IT. No other weaknesses. Everything else he shut down. He BIRTHED the term shutdown corner. Since then nggas chasin ghosts tryin to recreate that term/idea when its nt even logical for the positon. Its like showing video of a left tackle allowing a sack.

Before Deion, nobody paid attention to how often a CB got beat. It was all about making it difficult, winning more than losing, etc.

Since then nggas expect that out of nggas. Its not even logical.

Nggas dont talk about Rod Woodson, Michael Haynes, Champ Bailey, etc getting beat. Now Sherman is getting that same Deion treatment b/c he, too, is cocky.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Saddddd

And what I posted wasn't no diss, just shows the type of wideout he has the most issues with.

You mad Saddddd.

What he's saying is if you have to pull up footage from 2 years ago to prove a CB can be beat...

See the thing is y'all overlooking my original statement. This ain't about him getting beat, I didn't post that just on some "Oh look he got beat yo he trash, he overrated ". Every corner gets beat.

My original statement was. He tends struggles with the quick in space, quick feet guys (like this past Sunday against Allen) the Stevie Johnson gif was highlighting that fact further.

Are ? upset I'm not saying he's perfect?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was the point of saying it ?

"She the baddest ? in here, she got big hands tho" = the equivalent

BTW, Calvin Johnson and T.O. Would have abused Deion
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Saddddd

You mad Saddddd.

See the thing is y'all overlooking my original statement. This ain't about him getting beat, I didn't post that just on some "Oh look he got beat yo he trash, he overrated ". Every corner gets beat.

My original statement was. He tends struggles with the quick in space, quick feet guys (like this past Sunday against Allen) the Stevie Johnson gif was highlighting that fact further.

Since when Allen is a quick player?
  • S2J
    edited September 2014
    Options

Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin didnt "abuse" Deion, but Calvin and TO would have. Makes sense.

The misnomer is b/c Deion couldnt/wouldnt tackle he was weak. Check the tape ngga. Deion played bump n run coverage b4 it was the thing to do. And he could take more liberties, get closer, and be more physical b.c he had unparalleled recovery speed.

AND he was 6'1!!
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin didnt "abuse" Deion, but Calvin and TO would have. Makes sense.

The misnomer is b/c Deion couldnt/wouldnt tackle he was weak. Check the tape ngga. Deion played bump n run coverage b4 it was the thing to do. And he could take more liberties, get closer, and be more physical b.c he had unparalleled recovery speed.

AND he was 6'1!!

Irvin was very good but he ain't no CJ Moss or TO
  • S2J
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

AND he was 6'1!!

I like how you selectivly left out Rice. THE GOAT didnt abuse him, ngga, adress that lol
  • BDBIID
    Options

Saddddd

You mad Saddddd.

Keenan Allen has quick feet in and out of breaks. Excellent route runners have quick feet. Quick isn't just limited to a ? being quick with elusive type quickness. In that sense he's not quick, but the dude is very quick with his feet in and out of breaks, setting up defenders. Similar to Chad Johnson who had just decent 40 time 3 cone shuffle time, etc. type quickness, but had real quick feet.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

AND he was 6'1!!

I like how you selectivly left out Rice. THE GOAT didnt abuse him, ngga, adress that lol

Rice abused everybody.

• Shizlansky
    Options

Saddddd

You mad Saddddd.

Keenan Allen has quick feet in and out of breaks. Excellent route runners have quick feet. Quick isn't just limited to a ? being quick with elusive type quickness. In that sense he's not quick, but the dude is very quick with his feet in and out of breaks, setting up defenders. Similar to Chad Johnson who had just decent 40 time 3 cone shuffle time, etc. type quickness, but had real quick feet.

He has average quickness with his breaks and cuts.

He very good at setting up a CB though.
  • R.D.
    Options

AND he was 6'1!!

lol @‌ Irvin

Why you mentioning him ?

I stand by my statement, especially CJ
  • S2J
    edited September 2014
    Options

AND he was 6'1!!

Rice abused everybody.

Dont be lazy. 'Abuse' implies he did whatever he wanted like he did with everyone else. This simply is not true w/ Deion.

Thats from eyewitness account,as a ngga old enough to remember the games. You prbably have never watched the 2 go at it live.

Then there's from the horses mouth:

"Jerry Rice said on NFL Network's "In Their Own Words," that he used to lose sleep when he knew a matchup with Deion Sanders awaited him when he woke. "

Finally, of course people have thought of this topic before. So here's EVERY GAME they ever went at it:
    Head to head?

In the prime of both players?

Rice entered the league in 1985; Deion in 1989-90.

I looked up the box scores, though without all-22 game film, it's hard to know on which plays the two were singled, or if Deion had help over the top, etc. (unlikely) vs. Rice.

I'm going to give Deion the benefit of the doubt and assume he played Jerry straight up here, at least after 1990 (Deion's rookie season).

1990 - SF vs. Atlanta, 2 games. Rice goes off for 8-171-1 in game 1 Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers - September 23rd, 1990... then Rice goes 13-225-5 TDs. Deion plays both games as a rookie, but doesn't get singled on Rice; Rice abuses the other corner, Charles Dimry, for all 6 TDs. Still, Deion was on the field and didn't slow Rice down - at all. Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers - September 23rd, 1990

1991 - SF vs Atlanta, 2 games. Rice goes 7-138-1 Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers - October 13th, 1991 in game one; in game 2, Rice goes 6-44-0. In game two, he got man-to-man from Deion, with a long catch of 10 yards; that's as good as it gets vs. Rice.

1992 - Rice goes off for 7-183-2 in first game Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers - October 18th, 1992; Rice goes 4-45-1 in second game San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons - November 9th, 1992. BUT: Deion missed the first game with injury, so you can see he made a big difference in the second one.

1993 - went head to head just once, Rice going 6-105-0 San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons - December 11th, 1993

1994 - teammates.

1995 - Rice goes 5-161-1 vs. Dallas. Granted Deion is NOT in coverage on many of the plays; SF moves Rice around. Dallas owner Jerry Jones almost fired defensive coordinator Dave Capo after this game.

Deion clearly held Rice down vs. his normal production head to head, but he did NOT shut him down. Rice still was a huge factor.

Ether.

Rice didnt "abuse" him, period. Prime didnt shut him down (i never said he did), but he clearly slowed him, and he was closer to shut down than 'abuse'.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BDBIID‌

so you saying denver should put wes welker against sherman this sunday?
  • BDBIID
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @BDBIID‌

I would personally try Emmanuel Sanders.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @BDBIID‌

All they gon do is run screens.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    And the gon say he caught this amount of passes.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch what Denver does to him this week
  • S2J
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »

How dare you? Lol Ngga you do KNow they just played the Super Bowl 7 months ago right?

I cant wait for this game, i highly dount there will be any in between. He gone either show out or get shown up. Given Peyton's shaky track record vs elite corners (Ty Law, Revis) i have a good idea whats gonna happen.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait til sunday
  • Shizlansky
    Options

How dare you? Lol Ngga you do KNow they just played the Super Bowl 7 months ago right?

I cant wait for this game, i highly dount there will be any in between. He gone either show out or get shown up. Given Peyton's shaky track record vs elite corners (Ty Law, Revis) i have a good idea whats gonna happen.

The bolded. GTFOH.

BB defense had everything to do why manning USE to struggle against him.
  • S2J
    edited September 2014
    Options

The bolded. GTFOH.

BB defense had everything to do why manning USE to struggle against him.

ngga do u want them to go play 7 on 7, 2 hand touch to settle this, gtfoh. You little fuking troll. Lol Players have coaches, coaches coach, players execute.

If it was so easy, why doesnt everybone get pick 6's vs Peyton. Why didnt Peyton struggle against Lee Bodden, Shawn Springs, Alfonso Dennard, or any other patriot corner i can think of.

Bottom line stop trying to undercut points by arguing semantics.
  • R.D.
    Options
    I guess Peyton struggles with Tracy Porter too
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't need any other reason to know that he is that ? other than white people don't like him
  • S2J
    Options
    I guess Peyton struggles with Tracy Porter too

Heeey, its a straw man argument!!

I really hoped i wouldnt have to respond to this elementary logic but 2 people actually c/s'd...

Including playoffs Ty Law has picked off Peyton manning 4th most all-time: not picks on peyton manning, but picks by 1 player vs a QB...ALL TIME.

Dont be an idiot and compare that to Tracy Porter