Best player on your team that no one knows about NBA edition

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
Name one and give an explanation why. add a honorable mention if you want.

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't have none.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers jordan Clarkson. ...as a senior averaged 18.9 points, 6.1 rebounds 3.4 assists and 2.1 steals
    We have a dolid 6 feet 5 player if he stays grounded and follows kobes work ethic
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    zerocool wrote: »
    Lakers jordan Clarkson. ...as a senior averaged 18.9 points, 6.1 rebounds 3.4 assists and 2.1 steals
    We have a dolid 6 feet 5 player if he stays grounded and follows kobes work ethic

Sit your ? down.

Lmao
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread won't work for nba teams ....you can't have a good player in the cut and ? dont know bout him
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    This thread won't work for nba teams ....you can't have a good player in the cut and ? dont know bout him

This ? always complaining about something
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are 12 players on a NBA team, anybody who keeps up with Basketball knows who the good players are
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    This ones on the house.
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Bynum

I've always said that Will Bynum was the best player on the Pistons, but he's never gotten a fair shot.

Despite that, he holds the record for most points in a quarter, and most assists in a game EVER for the Detroit Pistons.

He's also dropped 30 points on the Heat in back to back years.
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

This ? always complaining about something

Not complaining...just sayin what trillip reiterated. If you have intermediate nba knowledge there won't be anybody somebody else won't know about
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Kobe Bryant.

Who
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marquise Teague
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Will Bynum is a good choice, and the lil ? got hops low key.

http://youtu.be/l7rL7ONw6a4
  • RAPH
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Yeah I remember watching that game when he dunked on Tyson Chandler, he's thrown down a few mean ones like those in his career. GOAT.

This year he's looking like he could be third string behind Jennings, and Augustin, despite that he's arguable a much better player than both, despite his lack of three point shooting.

But you can never count Bynum out.

The Pistons return incumbent starter Brandon Jennings and Van Gundy added D.J. Augustin as a free agent and drafted Spencer Dinwiddie. If you expected Bynum to take that news hard, try again.

“C’mon, man. I’ve been here with Allen Iverson, Ben Gordon, Chauncey Billups, (Rodney) Stuckey, (Arron) Afflalo,” he said. “I’ve been here on and on with players. I’m still here. That should let you know something about me.”

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/bynum-changes-what-he-takes-hes-still-putting-out-100-percent?hootPostID=db08746c3b950a0d5fc5f9fa92425355
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »

Yeah I remember watching that game when he dunked on Tyson Chandler, he's thrown down a few mean ones like those in his career. GOAT.

This year he's looking like he could be third string behind Jennings, and Augustin, despite that he's arguable a much better player than both, despite his lack of three point shooting.

But you can never count Bynum out.

The Pistons return incumbent starter Brandon Jennings and Van Gundy added D.J. Augustin as a free agent and drafted Spencer Dinwiddie. If you expected Bynum to take that news hard, try again.

“C’mon, man. I’ve been here with Allen Iverson, Ben Gordon, Chauncey Billups, (Rodney) Stuckey, (Arron) Afflalo,” he said. “I’ve been here on and on with players. I’m still here. That should let you know something about me.”

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/bynum-changes-what-he-takes-hes-still-putting-out-100-percent?hootPostID=db08746c3b950a0d5fc5f9fa92425355

His attitude is dope
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    ^Lol I been here with A.I. and Mr.Big Shot, you thin I'm worried about DJ Augustin.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe this would have worked better as a player on your favorite team who you feel is underrated by the masses.

I feel Tiago Splitter on the Spurs is underrated by many. He is a good defender of the pick&roll and a good position defender. He can pass really well, hit free throws and finish solid around the basket.

He isn't a flashy player, doesn't block shots or get the ball a lot on offense which makes casual fans believe he isn't a big time contributor to the Spurs winning
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrick Patterson.

Two-way stretch 4. Athletic. High bball IQ.
  • Beta
    Options
    My team has no players that nobody knows about because our homegrown players rarely prosper here...
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well since everyone has already mentioned the best choice for that title my squad(Will Bynum), I'll mention someone that's not really as known yet but well be.

KCP, I expect him to make a significant leap this year. Great potential.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Wroten- When given playing time he can do some things.

Creativity
    WX6fs.gif

Explosiveness
    5S4sx.gif

Passing
    7X8o.gif

Swagger
    vL8q.gif

In 2013-14, Tony Wroten attempted 808 shots. Of those, 599 came in the paint, 188 were threes, and just 21 were taken from midrange. Breaking it down further, all but 88 of his attempts in the painted area came from inside the charge circle; his 511 restricted area attempts placed him tenth in the league in that category, a remarkable feat considering that he logged just 1,765 minutes last season (24.5 per game). Russell Westbrook is the only other guard to eclipse 500 rim attempts in a season since 2011-12, notching 578 in 2012-13.

(jacked from sixers.com)
  • RAPH
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Tony Wroten- When given playing time he can do some things.

Creativity
    WX6fs.gif

Explosiveness
    5S4sx.gif

Passing
    7X8o.gif

Swagger
    vL8q.gif

In 2013-14, Tony Wroten attempted 808 shots. Of those, 599 came in the paint, 188 were threes, and just 21 were taken from midrange. Breaking it down further, all but 88 of his attempts in the painted area came from inside the charge circle; his 511 restricted area attempts placed him tenth in the league in that category, a remarkable feat considering that he logged just 1,765 minutes last season (24.5 per game). Russell Westbrook is the only other guard to eclipse 500 rim attempts in a season since 2011-12, notching 578 in 2012-13.

(jacked from sixers.com)

Yeah I love checking boxscores from every team, every night, and I was always pleasantly surprised when I checked the Sixers box scores and despite a loss, Wroten would always be putting in work, and doing so in limited minutes as well. You have to respect his game.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought most people knew about Bynum because of his hops...for those in the know that is.

I've followed him since HS that Chicago reality show with him and Sean Dockery. Dockery went to the better HS, went to Duke, better home situation, Bynum had to transfr to diffrent schools, etc.

Now Bynum's the 10 year vet. Boy he sure did win that battle lol