Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why you and mikey got the same avi?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Bears lost to the Packers. @Hoesarefun gave this to me and @Cottoncityslim gave the same one to Mikey
  • Beta
    Options

Bears lost to the Packers. @Hoesarefun gave this to me and @Cottoncityslim gave the same one to Mikey

Oh I thought you were being a dickrider again
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh I thought you were being a dickrider again

Nah, that's your thing
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article2462614.html
    It took less than one quarter of a preseason scrimmage Wednesday night for Heat forward Udonis Haslem to start bleeding.

Yes, the Heat still has a pulse even though it no longer employs LeBron James. Yes, the heartbeat of this city still pulsates from AmericanAirlines Arena. Yes, the Heat is going to let everyone know that throughout this upcoming season.

An unmistakable feeling of defiance has permeated through AmericanAirlines Arena during the first week of training camp. James has returned to his hometown and his previous abode isn’t completely over the loss.

Despite James’ departure, the attitude being projected by the Heat this preseason is one of pride, demonstrated by the consistent use of the slogans “Heat nation” and the equally prosaic “Heat lifer.”

“Heat Nation, we’re not going anywhere,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said to the half-full arena before the scrimmage.

And then Haslem, the only guy from Miami still on the roster, the guy who is never going anywhere, started dripping blood from his mouth a few minutes later.

After the Heat’s scrimmage, the cloth backdrop hanging behind Spoelstra for his news conference was patterned with “Heat Nation” graphics. It’s a marketing campaign the team has embraced as it moves past the best four-year run of any professional sports franchise in South Florida history. “Heat Lifer” and Heat Nation” shirts are on sale in the arena’s apparel store.

“We felt it from our fans this summer,” Spoelstra said when asked about the slogans. “Everyone was so supportive of Heat nation, and what we’ve done over the last 20 years. We showed great faith that we’re going to have a productive offseason of putting together a team that we think our city can be proud of, and then we knew we had a lot of work to do.”

Coincidentally, James’ Cavs scrimmaged Wednesday in Cleveland around the same time the Heat rolled out the ball in Miami. The two teams will play a preseason game against each other on Oct. 11 in Rio de Janeiro.

Between now and then the Heat will play the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday in Louisville, Kentucky, and the Orlando Magic at home next Tuesday. That’s probably not enough time for fans to learn the names of all the new Heat players, never mind getting used to the LeBron-less Heat.

“I’m impressed and I’m really happy,” Haslem said of the team the Heat has put together. “I’m excited about the young guys and the new guys we got coming in. I say it again, I think they did a great job of going out and picking up the right free agents, and making us real competitive.”

Some positive signs Wednesday included Luol Deng, James’ replacement at small forward, driving the floor for a three-point play. Some not-so-positive signs, depending on the perspective, included a potential back-up at small forward, rookie James Ennis, crossing up Deng on the perimeter for a driving dunk.

“Everybody’s going to talk about him being gone and me being here,” Deng said. “But I’m not trying to be LeBron James.”

Lucky for Deng no one is expecting him to be.

The team will focus on Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Bosh will have to do a little bit of everything this season, including driving to the basket, which he demonstrated nicely during the first half: between the legs twice from the top of the key, shoulder down and driving, spin move past a defender, pump fake under the rim, dunk.

“I want ultimately the quintessential Chris Bosh to be the Chris Bosh who is everywhere on the floor and the Chris Bosh who has been developing for four years,” Spoelstra said.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2217199-the-exclusive-d-wade-qa-on-why-last-year-wasnt-fun-and-life-after-lebron

It's a great read. Here are some parts.

On Bron: "I mean, I just go back to before we ever played together," Wade said. "And I go back to the conversations and the media reports of, 'How can you be friends with a guy and play against a guy? They didn’t do that back in the day. Magic and Bird never did that.' Me and LeBron, I'd go to Cleveland, we'd go to the movies. He'd come here, we'd hang out. And then we'd go on the court and we'd compete. And then after the game, that's my boy. Then we got here, we teamed up, became even closer. And now it's the same thing. You know, we're still gonna be friends, and we're still gonna compete our ass off. Until the day we can't compete no more."

Welcome to Chapter Five.

Chapter One was a breezy read: a dynamic rookie point guard taking the reins of a fast, fun team, featuring Caron Butler and Lamar Odom, that everyone thought would stay together longer than a single season.

Chapter Two was in Shaq-sized type, and it was quite the romp until just about everybody in the Heat organization was ready to turn the page.

Chapter Three was about redemption, and ultimately frustration, as the protagonist—at the peak of his powers—had far too little help from his friends.

Chapter Four was one of the greatest NBA tales ever told, about four unforgettable years in which the Big Three made the Heat the most scrutinized squad, and most spectacular show, in sports.

So what does he want this fifth chapter, one he looks at as "the last chapter," to be about?

"I want to enjoy the game," Wade said.

"It was great, you know, we went to the Finals four years in a row, and it was everything we wanted from that standpoint, but sometimes throughout that run at certain times, it just wasn't fun," Wade said. "Individually, it was great having certain relationships, and having my best friend here with me, but all of us didn't have fun all the time.... I think now I'm at the point where I want to enjoy the game. Because once I've won three championships and been so successful, you've got to have something to play for. And I want to be able to play for my teammates, and just the joy of the game."

"I don't know," Wade said. "It's hard to say, man, because you want it. We wanted it. So it's hard to say that. You don't know exactly what's going to come with it, but we put ourselves in that position. But sometimes you can put too much on yourself, all of us, and it becomes a black cloud around. Last year wasn't fun. I mean, there was no stretch of it fun. That whole season, to me, it's amazing we made it to the Finals. It's just honest. Just this year, coming in, I can see, even the coaches, there's just a different renewed focus and energy. No one knows what it's going to lead to. No one knows if that's going to lead to a Finals win or Finals loss or not the Finals at all. But right now it's good for everyone to come in every day and want to be here."
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so todays heat/pelicans game aint even on tv today???? ? !!!
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    I'm following the game on the twitter
  • Beta
    Options
    Give James Ennis them mins...

17 points 6 rebounds

Granger shot well again for 12 points along with ? Ass shawne williams..

I do like the 6 rebounds from Shawn Jones though

Damn @ 3-13 from bosh but he's being aggressive so that's fine..wade has to get used to shooting more
  • infamous114
    edited October 2014
    Options
    tumblr_nd0862a5uQ1ruj0bpo1_1280.jpg

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2014/10/scouts-van-gundy-evaluate-heat-newcomers-dolphins-canes-chatter-jose-fernandez-nbc-6-changes.html

So what’s the lowdown on the Heat’s new players? For input, we solicited the views of two veteran scouts and ABC’s Jeff Van Gundy:

Small forward Luol Deng: Van Gundy: “He hasn’t shot efficiently the past couple of years but he’s still a very good player capable of big minutes. Very good as a defender and very good without the ball. A better corner three-point shooter than when he came into the league and a total team guy.”…

First scout: “Best as a third or fourth scoring option. He’s not making a lot of plays for other people, not that creative. He didn’t play very well in Cleveland. But in Chicago, he was very good. He can get you a basket without running a play. Can put it on the floor, take a dribble or two and score. Plus, you get complete effort every night. And really long defensively.”…

Second scout: “Had some injuries but he’s still at an age [29] where he’s in his prime. Good defender but quick two-guards would give him trouble. Real good addition.”

Power forward Josh McRoberts, healing from toe surgery: Van Gundy: “A terrific team offensive player. Can make quick decisions with the ball. But he has to fight his hesitation to shoot the open three.”…

First scout: “He and Chris Bosh complement each other well. Josh is much more aggressive than Bosh, a little tougher than Bosh. He’s obviously not as good as Bosh but he can mix it up a little more. OK as a defender, not great. Improved a lot with Charlotte.”…

Second scout: “Passing is his single best asset. He’s a facilitator and you can run offense through him, which you can’t do with a lot of power forwards. Not a great percentage shooter but can make threes. Very good athlete, good basketball IQ. Good pickup.”

Rookie swingman James Ennis: Scout: “Good athlete, but I’d be surprised if he’s a longterm NBA rotation player. Needs to improve his ball-handling.” (Still, the shooting and athleticism intrigue.)

Swingman Danny Granger, who hit four threes in Wednesday’s scrimmage: First scout: “Can’t create his own shot like he used to. He’s near the end, not the same player he was, but I think he has something left. He’s still a good catch-and-shoot guy. His ability to rebound and play defense have dropped off quite a bit. He will be a good guy in their locker room, a real mature veteran.”… Van Gundy: Even at his best, “he wasn’t great in any one area but good at a lot of things. And he gives them size on the wing.”

• thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Granger going to play well all year we might be able to do some damage..
    WESTILLINTHISBITCH
  • infamous114
    Options
    Liked the way Ennis played tonight. Deng as well. Shabazz looked lost out there at times. Keep building habits.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Liked the way Ennis played tonight. Deng as well. Shabazz looked lost out there at times. Keep building habits.

Spo better give Ennis The Menace some playing time when the season starts
  • Beta
    Options
    14, 10, and 5 last night? Nice from Ennis and bosh gonna have a great year...

• infamous114
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    Didn't know Ennis was 6'8 also judging from the pic...and we should keep khem birch Or Shawn Jones...

Also Rio in Rio

Dope pic though and it's a nice mini vacation...they just in Rio to play the Cavs?
  • infamous114
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11668059/lebron-james-awkward-preseason-reunion-heat

Just think how odd it felt in August for James when he attended Dwyane Wade's wedding at a swanky castle outside Miami. Wade is the face of the franchise and the most popular player in team history. His wedding was essentially a giant Heat party.

James flew in to be there for his friend Wade, but apparently had to play a bit of a wallflower role. He never made his way over to Chris Bosh's table because Bosh said James hasn't spoken to him since he decided to sign with the Cavs in July. Though maybe it should've been Bosh who came up to speak with James; his decision to sign in Cleveland immediately saw the Heat increase their offer to Bosh by perhaps as much as $30 million. At the very least, Bosh could've sent over a drink.

James later told friends that having to share the same room with Heat president Pat Riley was uncomfortable that night. It stands to reason it was probably hard to make eye contact with Heat owner Micky Arison or coach Erik Spoelstra as well.

It was an interesting juxtaposition from a wedding James went to in June in Miami. At that ceremony, for James' longtime trainer Mike Mancias, Riley made it a mission to pull James into a corner to sell him on re-signing. He'd opted out of his contract just two days before and Riley's exit meeting with James after the Finals didn't go well. Ultimately, their discussion that night didn't work out well for the Heat, either.
  • Beta
    Options
    ? felt awkward and uncomfortable

Oh well
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    I hate fat boy windhorst, so are they gonna shut down the heat index finally?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron was at Melo wedding after The Decision and this time he goes to Wade wedding after The Return smh
  • infamous114
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I hate fat boy windhorst, so are they gonna shut down the heat index finally?

No and why would you say finally? Michael Wallace and Haberstroh are quality. Windhorst went back to Cleveland stalking Bron. Every NBA team has a blog connected to the TrueHoop Network.
  • Beta
    Options
    RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL — Chris Bosh and Kevin Love are in the same city this week, staying only about three kilometers apart, in advance of Saturday's preseason game between the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers.

But, in basketball terms, they have switched places.

Bosh has now gone from a third—or second, depending on Dwyane Wade's status—option on the Heat to the team's first in the absence of LeBron James.

And Love, it is safe to assume, will become the second or third option on the Cavaliers, behind James and Kyrie Irving, after spending most of the past six seasons as the Minnesota Timberwolves' go-to guy.

Love is certainly aware of the difference. At Cavaliers media day on Sept. 26, he quipped that he'd been "fortunate and unfortunate" enough to watch the playoffs for the past six years, to watch Bosh, Wade and several San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks make sacrifices for the betterment of the group.
  • Beta
    Options
    "I'd be lying to myself and lying to everybody here if I was telling you I didn't have to sacrifice," Love said. "I think it's going to have to be an effort throughout the entire team to do what's best for the Cleveland Cavaliers. And we don't know what that is really yet. But I'm going to do what’s best for this team to win, because at the end of the day that’s what we want, is to win."

Everyone does.

But what are the challenges?

Specifically, is it more difficult to go from a first option to a second or third choice—as Love must do now—or from a second or third option to a first?

On these topics, Bosh was uniquely qualified to answer, having gone from first option in Toronto to third choice for four years in Miami to, now, first option in Miami.
  • Beta
    Options
    "Yeah, it's a lot more difficult taking a step back, because you're used to doing something a certain way and getting looks a certain way," Bosh told Bleacher Report recently. "And then it's like, well, no, for the benefit of the team, you have to get it here.

"So even if you do like the left block, the volume of the left block is going to be different. Now you have to make those moves count. So with me, it was like a chess game. I'm doing this move and thinking about the next move and trying to stay five moves ahead. You're not getting it as much. If you got one or two a game, it's a lot different."

You don't get your pick of the buffet.

"Exactly," Bosh said. "You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! It’s a lot different. But if you can get through it, good things can happen. But it never gets easy. Even up until my last year of doing it, it never gets easier."
  • Beta
    Options
    Nor does the constant din of hearing from family, friends and media about why you aren't doing everything you once did.

Alan Diaz/Associated Press
    "Exactly," Bosh said. "'You've got to do this! You've got to do that!' So you've got to fight that. 'Why don’t you do this? Well, you should do this!' It's like, man, they don't need me to do that, I know what I'm doing. 'Well, you should do this.' And then eventually, on one of those days, all it takes is one time, well, maybe I should be doing this. It's such a psychological battle."

Love, at age 25, averaged 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds his final season in Minnesota. Bosh, at age 25, averaged 24.0 points and 10.8 his final season in Toronto. His averages declined in the four years since, as he reached greater heights (four NBA Finals, two championships) playing with James.

"It's going to be very difficult for him," Bosh said of Love's new task. "Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn't make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It's extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He's going to have to deal with that."

Bosh noted Love's previously high allotment of touches down low, where "he's very, very good at using his body to get his shots off and stuff like that. Like I said before, [in Minnesota] he was able to play that game and set guys up. Now, it's like, man, do I go to my move? He's going to have to fight a lot of his instincts."

As Bosh fights others in Miami.