Iraqi troops suffer mass slaughter one mile from Baghdad: the general ISIS Chat thread

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    So Iraq is ? basically? Either that or Iraq prays the right dictator comes along. And if Iraqis are smart, allow a 3 part division of the country. Iraq isn't coming together anytime soon, it's not worth all the bloodshed they're going through, Iraqi soldiers can't fight outside Baghdad.
    look, call me an optimist, but i don't think "? " or "dictator" are the ONLY options in existence

You really believe Iraq can come back together, uniting Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds without a dictator? Not saying it's wrong to believe this, but I don't see how that's possible right now.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    You really believe Iraq can come back together, uniting Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds without a dictator? Not saying it's wrong to believe this, but I don't see how that's possible right now.
    in theory? yes. without a lot of effort? well...
    fundamentally, i don't think a dictator fixes that problem. keeps it under wraps through whatever methods? perhaps, but that's not a united Iraq.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    in theory? yes. without a lot of effort? well...
    fundamentally, i don't think a dictator fixes that problem. keeps it under wraps through whatever methods? perhaps, but that's not a united Iraq.

If ISIS goes too far and tortures and kills too many Muslims, especially Sunnis, then anything is possible. But the foreign fighters who are still joining ISIS in big numbers will make this an expensive effort Iraq can't afford. Realistically, Iraq will never be united as one nation ever again, but I see a possibility Kurds may unite with Baghdad fully again because Kurds need all the help they can get against the Sunnis who hate them in the region for some reason.
  • janklow
    Options
    But the foreign fighters who are still joining ISIS in big numbers will make this an expensive effort Iraq can't afford.
    well, i don't know the percentages, but there's a difference between foreign fighters flocking to a struggle and Iraqis fighting because they have beef in/with Iraq. they're not getting solved the same way (and a DICTATOR is not really solving it regardless).

• kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    But the foreign fighters who are still joining ISIS in big numbers will make this an expensive effort Iraq can't afford.
    well, i don't know the percentages, but there's a difference between foreign fighters flocking to a struggle and Iraqis fighting because they have beef in/with Iraq. they're not getting solved the same way (and a DICTATOR is not really solving it regardless).

Ok but Iraq has a new president and he can't protect his people from Islamic State at all, neither can the Americans. Politically, the problems will NEVER be solved there, religion and old feuds are taken more seriously there then Americans have even imagined. Al Maliki, the old president of Iraq, said the same thing. It's all part of the culture of revenge and vengeance, and I think only a dictator can bottle all that up.

I didn't think Islamic State would last this long AND be this mighty a force but apparently it's here to stay. I really thought after the summer, they would be degraded a lot by the Shiites and Kurds around them but nothing even close to that is happening. Just a few miles from Baghdad, IS killed over 200 people this morning, mostly Sunnis in an OPEN execution in Anbar province. On the other hand, maybe Islamic State is getting desperate to hold on to power by killing other Sunnis? If Sunnis are starting to have beef with Islamic State, then maybe a Sunni-Shiite coalition is coming along

http://news.yahoo.com/executed-over-200-iraq-tribesmen-recent-days-officials-104925918.html

Baghdad (AFP) - The Islamic State group has carried out a fresh wave of mass killings, officials said Sunday, executing more than 200 members of an Iraqi tribe which took up arms against the jihadists.

Women and children were said to be among scores of Albu Nimr tribespeople executed over the past 10 days in western Iraq's Anbar province.

Accounts varied as to the number and timings of the executions, but all sources spoke of more than 200 people murdered in recent days.

Police Colonel Shaaban al-Obaidi told AFP that more than 200 people were killed, while Faleh al-Essawi, deputy head of Anbar provincial council, put the toll at 258.

Edit: Over 300 people slaughtered by IS publicly today

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-says-322-tribe-members-killed-many-bodies-150216719.html
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Disturbing video of ISIS militants in Iraq discussing plans to buy and sell Yazidi sex slave girls....I almost hated Muslims after watching it but then I remembered Christians did the same thing in America (and still do in parts of Latin America)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wJGK1ivJyhw
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disturbing video of ISIS militants in Iraq discussing plans to buy and sell Yazidi sex slave girls....I almost hated Muslims after watching it but then I remembered Christians did the same thing in America (and still do in parts of Latin America)

what the ? does the actions of Christians 100's of years ago have to do with Muslims today.

Muslims are ordered to take slaves by Muhammad Christians are not ordered to take slaves by christ
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

what the ? does the actions of Christians 100's of years ago have to do with Muslims today.

Muslims are ordered to take slaves by Muhammad Christians are not ordered to take slaves by christ

Jesus co-signed the Old Testament, giving a HUGE cover for the crimes, atrocities, and evil committed up and down that book. Remember the Old Testament had tons of rules for slavery and forced labor. Enough said.

Oh and by the way, there are Christian Mexican and Ecuadorian cartel members who have sex slaves all over Central and South America RIGHT NOW. That was my point in almost hating Muslims for a second (I'll stick to hating the Abrahamic ? instead)
  • zombie
    Options
    Disturbwhichdeo of ISIS militants in Iraq discussing plans to buy and sell Yazidi sex slave girls....I almost hated Muslims after watching it but then I remembered Christians did the same thing in America (and still do in parts of Latin America)

Jesus co-signed the Old Testament, giving a HUGE cover for the crimes, atrocities, and evil committed up and down that book. Remember the Old Testament had tons of rules for slavery and forced labor. Enough said.

Oh and by the way, there are Christian Mexican and Ecuadorian cartel members who have sex slaves all over Central and South America RIGHT NOW. That was my point in almost hating Muslims for a second (I'll stick to hating the Abrahamic ? instead)

yeah Christians have done bad things not new information. Jesus is the old testament ? but Christians are not part of that old contract so when we do things that go against what Jesus told us to do it's on us. not the teachings that's a major difference

and most of those cartels have their own religion and pray to a saint of drug trafficking which Is a serious violation . look it up.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Disturbwhichdeo of ISIS militants in Iraq discussing plans to buy and sell Yazidi sex slave girls....I almost hated Muslims after watching it but then I remembered Christians did the same thing in America (and still do in parts of Latin America)

yeah Christians have done bad things not new information. Jesus is the old testament ? but Christians are not part of that old contract so when we do things that go against what Jesus told us to do it's on us. not the teachings that's a major difference

and most of those cartels have their own religion and pray to a saint of drug trafficking which Is a serious violation . look it up.

Jesus said HIMSELF several times his followers had to obey the Old Testament, otherwise he could have told them to NOT obey the Old Testament. Why did he tell his followers constantly to obey the commands of the Old Testament?

Matthew 23:1-3

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you.

Now remember, you believe yourself Jesus IS THE ? OF THE Old Testament. And he also said this, although he had no need to do so:

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)

Jesus said himself he did NOT come to destroy the old laws. If he really wanted to destroy the Old Testament, he would have said " I am here to destroy the Old Testament because I'm re-writing the old laws and rules I made because I was ? or ? up when I made laws supporting slavery and forced labor"

But he didn't do that, did he?
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    More American billions wasted down the drain tonight, America's main Syrian rebel group fighting ISIS in Syria was kicked out of its stronghold and capital. The rebel group spokesman for Syrian Revolution Front said himself that it will be awhile before his rebel forces can go back to their homeland (lol smh)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/02/syria-us-proxy-army-assad

The US plan to rally proxy ground forces to complement its air strikes against Isis militants in Syria is in tatters after jihadis ousted Washington’s main ally from its stronghold in the north over the weekend.

The attack on the Syrian Revolutionary Front (SRF) by the al-Qaida-aligned Jabhat al-Nusra came after weeks of clashes between the two groups around the city of Idlib, which has remained one of the last bastions of regime control in northern Syria throughout the civil war.

Militants overran the command centre of the SRF’s leader, Jamal Maarouf, in Deir Sonbol in a humiliating rout that came as US and Arab air forces continued to attack Isis in the Kurdish town of Kobani, 300 miles east, in an effort to prevent the town from falling.

The defeat of Maarouf is a serious blow to the US strategy of building a proxy coalition against Isis. It comes amid a groundswell of anger at the US strikes across the opposition-held north, which have done nothing to slow the intensity of attacks from Bashar al-Assad’s air force, especially in Aleppo.

“We thought the Americans were going to help us,” said an SRF spokesman. “But not only have they abandoned us, they have been helping the tyrant Bashar instead. We will move past this betrayal and get back to Jebel al-Zawiya [the group’s heartland], but it is going to take some time.”
  • janklow
    Options
    Ok but Iraq has a new president and he can't protect his people from Islamic State at all, neither can the Americans.
    well, we might need to give them a LITTLE time before we consider this confirmed or denied. it hasn't been THAT long in the scheme of things.
    Politically, the problems will NEVER be solved there, religion and old feuds are taken more seriously there then Americans have even imagined. Al Maliki, the old president of Iraq, said the same thing. It's all part of the culture of revenge and vengeance, and I think only a dictator can bottle all that up.
    not sure Maliki's the best judge here, since he was a HUGE fan of using sectarian beefs to secure his position. i mean, i would say "never say never," but this is a very difficult time to look at things and be optimistic.
    I didn't think Islamic State would last this long AND be this mighty a force but apparently it's here to stay. I really thought after the summer, they would be degraded a lot by the Shiites and Kurds around them but nothing even close to that is happening.
    it looks like what's more likely to do them in is the difficulty of trying to have a real state, because a real state can be more easily located and blown up (and, also, to disappoint its residents) than random swarms of guys wrecking ? .
  • zombie
    Options

Jesus said HIMSELF several times his followers had to obey the Old Testament, otherwise he could have told them to NOT obey the Old Testament. Why did he tell his followers constantly to obey the commands of the Old Testament?

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you.

Now remember, you believe yourself Jesus IS THE ? OF THE Old Testament. And he also said this, although he had no need to do so:

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)

Jesus said himself he did NOT come to destroy the old laws. If he really wanted to destroy the Old Testament, he would have said " I am here to destroy the Old Testament because I'm re-writing the old laws and rules I made because I was ? or ? up when I made laws supporting slavery and forced labor"

I explained this to you several times and you did not listen which I have no problem with I just wish you people would get the doctrine right before you criticize it then at least you could do so intelligently
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Ok but Iraq has a new president and he can't protect his people from Islamic State at all, neither can the Americans.
    well, we might need to give them a LITTLE time before we consider this confirmed or denied. it hasn't been THAT long in the scheme of things.
    Politically, the problems will NEVER be solved there, religion and old feuds are taken more seriously there then Americans have even imagined. Al Maliki, the old president of Iraq, said the same thing. It's all part of the culture of revenge and vengeance, and I think only a dictator can bottle all that up.
    not sure Maliki's the best judge here, since he was a HUGE fan of using sectarian beefs to secure his position. i mean, i would say "never say never," but this is a very difficult time to look at things and be optimistic.
    I didn't think Islamic State would last this long AND be this mighty a force but apparently it's here to stay. I really thought after the summer, they would be degraded a lot by the Shiites and Kurds around them but nothing even close to that is happening.
    it looks like what's more likely to do them in is the difficulty of trying to have a real state, because a real state can be more easily located and blown up (and, also, to disappoint its residents) than random swarms of guys wrecking ? .

Yeah if Islamic State is always in a constant state of war and the basics of life aren't being satisfied, Islamic State will have a hard time keeping the population under control. But they have an amazing amount of weapons and recruits, so they can put down rebellions easier then probably the Baghdad govt can. I haven't heard of Iraqi govt forces on offense in big numbers against Mosul yet, just mass defeats by them everywhere they go in Sunni areas (for the most part).
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options

I explained this to you several times and you did not listen which I have no problem with I just wish you people would get the doctrine right before you criticize it then at least you could do so intelligently

The quotes by Jesus speak for itself but okay. The conquistadors and American slave owners loved those quotes from Jesus, and you being a die hard Christian, I'm surprised you don't love those quotes too.
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah if Islamic State is always in a constant state of war and the basics of life aren't being satisfied, Islamic State will have a hard time keeping the population under control. But they have an amazing amount of weapons and recruits, so they can put down rebellions easier then probably the Baghdad govt can.
    it's not just about putting down rebellions, though: if Iraq has ? governance because it ignores its citizens and can't provide services, this is not something that ISIS can just dodge forever because they're not a real state.

• zombie
    edited November 2014
    Options

The quotes by Jesus speak for itself but okay. The conquistadors and American slave owners loved those quotes from Jesus, and you being a die hard Christian, I'm surprised you don't love those quotes too.

You don't seem to comprehend the quotes for jesus, which is sad because me and others have tried to explain them to you many times before. The conquistadors did exactly what jesus told them not to do so the blame for their actions belongs on them not jesus or his teachings. Anyone who ever claimed to be a christian and used the old testament to support a religious right to put there fellow human beings in slavery was a blatant liar. For a time ? allowed ancient israel to destroy their enemies and take slaves for his own purposes. Purposes which the old testament details if you pay attention, There was never a christian born that received that order from ? .

If you tell me not to ? and i go out right now and ? someone and say you inspired me to do it would that be your fault?? should you take the blame???

and please don't call be a die hard christian i am not worthy of that title the die hard christains are dying and fighting in iraq,syria and north korea they are also hiding in saudi arabia as well as many other places outside of the western world.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options

You don't seem to comprehend the quotes for jesus, which is sad because me and others have tried to explain them to you many times before. The conquistadors did exactly what jesus told them not to do so the blame for their actions belongs on them not jesus or his teachings. Anyone who ever claimed to be a christian and used the old testament to support a religious right to put there fellow human beings in slavery was a blatant liar. For a time ? allowed ancient israel to destroy their enemies and take slaves for his own purposes. Purposes which the old testament details if you pay attention, There was never a christian born that received that order from ? .

If you tell me not to ? and i go out right now and ? someone and say you inspired me to do it would that be your fault?? should you take the blame???

and please don't call be a die hard christian i am not worthy of that title the die hard christains are dying and fighting in iraq,syria and north korea they are also hiding in saudi arabia as well as many other places outside of the western world.

The problem with Jesus co-signing the Old Testament is that he co-signed the extreme evils and brutalities that are SANCTIONED and ORDAINED by the evil Old Testament ? , and as Christians ironically say, Jesus IS the Old Testament ? . If Jesus indeed IS the Old Testament ? , then he DID DIRECTLY tell people to commit slavery upon INNOCENT PEOPLE and forced them to do labor, labor which I'm sure included forced ? , forced ? and ? knows what else. The same things American Christian slave owners reminded their slaves time and time again. For Jesus to co-sign the brutalities, evils, and sanctioned violence and mass murders of innocent people all throughout the Old Testament is bad judgement at the least, horrible endorsement of chaos at worst. Christopher Columbus with CHRISTIAN priests (with exception of a few priests) felt justified using the words of Jesus aka the Old Testament ? to commit ? , murder and destruction Christians became very famous for.

Now gee ? , why do you think so many priests and Christians back in the day used the Bible to support these things....? If Jesus said the Old Testament was a mistake in judgment and people shouldn't be forced off their land to build Judea and enslaved and murdered off, then I would agree with you. Jesus chose to endorse the atrocity, trash filled Old Testament and of course, the Abrahamic ? (Jesus) had many evil followers for hundreds of years to come.

Jesus influenced much good to be fair, but by co-signing the Old Testament and demanding people listen to it (not reject it, as he should have), he indirectly or directly influenced much of the horrors and evils we see in the world. To this day, there are people who love the Abrahamic ? and use the Abrahamic ? 's "words" to justify atrocities and slavery. SO YES, Jesus, sadly, did influence much evil and negativity around the world today.
  • zombie
    edited November 2014
    Options

The problem with Jesus co-signing the Old Testament is that he co-signed the extreme evils and brutalities that are SANCTIONED and ORDAINED by the evil Old Testament ? , and as Christians ironically say, Jesus IS the Old Testament ? . If Jesus indeed IS the Old Testament ? , then he DID DIRECTLY tell people to commit slavery upon INNOCENT PEOPLE and forced them to do labor, labor which I'm sure included forced ? , forced ? and ? knows what else. The same things American Christian slave owners reminded their slaves time and time again. For Jesus to co-sign the brutalities, evils, and sanctioned violence and mass murders of innocent people all throughout the Old Testament is bad judgement at the least, horrible endorsement of chaos at worst. Christopher Columbus with CHRISTIAN priests (with exception of a few priests) felt justified using the words of Jesus aka the Old Testament ? to commit ? , murder and destruction Christians became very famous for.

Now gee ? , why do you think so many priests and Christians back in the day used the Bible to support these things....? If Jesus said the Old Testament was a mistake in judgment and people shouldn't be forced off their land to build Judea and enslaved and murdered off, then I would agree with you. Jesus chose to endorse the atrocity, trash filled Old Testament and of course, the Abrahamic ? (Jesus) had many evil followers for hundreds of years to come.

Jesus influenced much good to be fair, but by co-signing the Old Testament and demanding people listen to it (not reject it, as he should have), he indirectly or directly influenced much of the horrors and evils we see in the world. To this day, there are people who love the Abrahamic ? and use the Abrahamic ? 's "words" to justify atrocities and slavery. SO YES, Jesus, sadly, did influence much evil and negativity around the world today.

here we go again... first off no one is innocent and secondly ? destroys evil when and how he feels like it the people in the old testament that were destroyed by israel were being punished by ? because of their religious practices that inculded things like sex with animals,children and religious prositution. ? used israel to accomplish this and as a plus gave israel there land. ? telling ancient israel to do something that has nothing to do with what he tells christians to do as we are first of all not jews and second of all we are not part of ancient israel. Any idiot that can read knows this

bringing up columbus and the bad things christians have done is a wack and faulty argument against the morality of ? it's also is a straw man because the actions of colombus were the opposite of what christ taught. I can use the teachings of any teacher as an excuse to commit mass murder in his name but unless that teacher taught me to do those things then my actions are no reflection on him.

ALL THOSE atrocities people decided to do on their own ? accord and then want to come and blame ? for it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ^^^

LMAO well I'd post up the many passages the Bible has that support evil, forced labor, stealing land, and brutality (words Jesus said as the Old Testament ? according to you and DOU) but I'd rather not, I'm in too good a mood to post up such disgraceful and disgusting things.

Remember, you admitted Jesus IS the Old Testament ? , so by definition, people CAN blame your Bible ? for much of the evil, theft of land, and destruction that it has encouraged historically. And smh at you saying "no one is innocent", that includes little children who often don't know any better? Lol, Francisco Pizarro and other die hard Christians of the past would love you. You would have made a very good slave to them.

• zombie
    Options
    ^^^

LMAO well I'd post up the many passages the Bible has that support evil, forced labor and brutality (words Jesus said as the Old Testament ? according to you and DOU) but I'd rather not, I'm in too good a mood to post up such disgraceful and disgusting things.

Remember, you admitted Jesus IS the Old Testament ? , so by definition, people CAN blame your Bible ? for much of the evil and destruction that it has encouraged historically. And smh at you saying "no one is innocent", that includes little children who often don't know any better? Lol, Francisco Pizarro and other die hard Christians of the past would love you. You would have made a very good slave to them.

You posted up things you did not understand and gave your opinion on a wider teaching based on a few verses if i felt it would do any good i would go through all those verse with you and show you why you are wrong but frankly i know you would just ignore it because you a very ignorant person.

You think you know what you are talking about but you more times than not don't have a clue and that goes for more than just religious topics.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ^^^

LMAO well I'd post up the many passages the Bible has that support evil, forced labor and brutality (words Jesus said as the Old Testament ? according to you and DOU) but I'd rather not, I'm in too good a mood to post up such disgraceful and disgusting things.

Remember, you admitted Jesus IS the Old Testament ? , so by definition, people CAN blame your Bible ? for much of the evil and destruction that it has encouraged historically. And smh at you saying "no one is innocent", that includes little children who often don't know any better? Lol, Francisco Pizarro and other die hard Christians of the past would love you. You would have made a very good slave to them.

You posted up things you did not understand and gave your opinion on a wider teaching based on a few verses if i felt it would do any good i would go through all those verse with you and show you why you are wrong but frankly i know you would just ignore it because you a very ignorant person.

You think you know what you are talking about but you more times than not don't have a clue and that goes for more than just religious topics.

Hilarious! You call me ignorant but it seems I know the Bible and your Abrahamic ? better then you do. Just because you are ashamed of the evil and disgusting words of the Bible doesn't make what I say any less true. The Old Testament ? aka Jesus transformed into evil slaver mode DOES encourage the stealing of land from the natives and the murder and genocide of those who believe in different gods and religions compared to the one ? of Judaism. You say those rules of land stealing and slavery were just for the Israelites but Jesus HIMSELF said the Old Testament rules MUST be followed and obeyed, along with the older prophets. You are ASHAMED that Jesus NEVER told people to disavow the Old Testament, and that's okay. But people hip to the Bible, including former religious people like Bill Maher, seem to know the Bible much better then you do. Read your book again homeboy.
  • zombie
    Options
    ^^^

Hilarious! You call me ignorant but it seems I know the Bible and your Abrahamic ? better then you do. Just because you are ashamed of the evil and disgusting words of the Bible doesn't make what I say any less true. The Old Testament ? aka Jesus transformed into evil slaver mode DOES encourage the stealing of land from the natives and the murder and genocide of those who believe in different gods and religions compared to the one ? of Judaism. You say those rules of land stealing and slavery were just for the Israelites but Jesus HIMSELF said the Old Testament rules MUST be followed and obeyed, along with the older prophets. You are ASHAMED that Jesus NEVER told people to disavow the Old Testament, and that's okay. But people hip to the Bible, including former religious people like Bill Maher, seem to know the Bible much better then you do. Read your book again homeboy.

what did i say that would indicate i am ashamed of any thing about the bible i have told you in other threads the abrahamic ? is also a war ? . YOU KEEP BRINGING UP THE SAME ? in every thread and when i explained it to you you just reject the answer. Yes ? gave took the land away from other people and gave it to israel i said that.

SO WHAT THE ? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
  • zombie
    Options
    @KINGBLAZE84 what religious questions do you have for me write them all down and i will answer them for you either tonight or saturday. i get tired of answering the same questions from you every 3 days only to have you ask me those same questions differently again and again, lets get it all in the open what do you want to know???
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ^^^

what did i say that would indicate i am ashamed of any thing about the bible i have told you in other threads the abrahamic ? is also a war ? . YOU KEEP BRINGING UP THE SAME ? in every thread and when i explained it to you you just reject the answer. Yes ? gave took the land away from other people and gave it to israel i said that.

SO WHAT THE ? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Maybe you don't realize it, but you are proving my point. The Bible ? supports thievery and war against people who want to defend their homeland and property and the destruction of those who are different. If you consider these the traits of an honorable religion, ? BLESS YA! But thanks for proving my point