Outlast 2 Confirmed, New Characters But Same Universe

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Outlast.jpg

Red Barrels’ Outlast was and arguably still is the best survival horror game available. Given the critical acclaim and success, it only makes sense that Outlast 2 would happen and co-founder Philippe Morin has confirmed as much while speaking to ? Disgusting.

“After shipping the XB1 version of Outlast, we took some time to analyze our situation and we quickly realized we had at least another horror game in us. So, yes, we are working on Outlast 2.”

“We might go back to Mount Massive Asylum one day, but for now we have new ideas and themes we’d like to explore and we think we’re cooking up something special.” It is confirmed that Outlast 2 will be taking place in the same universe as the original game.

“We’re still a small indie studio (12 people), so we’ll need a little bit of time to ship our next game, but hopefully it will be worth it.”

This means we’re going to have to wait for quite a while regarding story and gameplay details. “Part of the fun of playing a horror game is the sense of discovery and progressively understanding ‘wtf’ is going on. So, I’d rather not say too much at this point.”

Comments

• Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outlast was the best survival horror I've ever witnessed, hands down. The DLC, Whistleblower was just as good. I can't wait for number 2. Hopefully, they keep some elements from the first game. I liked the whole camcorder thing.