Lord Jamar: Light-Skinned Woman Are Placed on a Pedestal

Options

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    Kai wrote: »
    So the only way to promote self love and acceptance of all shades is to ? on light skin in place of dark skin?

Some may see ? on colorism and being frank about it's origins / effects as doing just that, unfortunately..

I'm a keep it a hunnit. ? like light-skinned women because their features are closer to white than dark-skinned women
    Nooo

Bruh u done opened Pandoras box to the ? cave now. Watch them come in flockin.

You ? motha ? ? . You are A ? ? . How in the world is complaining about colorism coonish? Answer that question.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly prefer darker women... *shrugs *
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao at the idea of embracing tho beauty of black women by telling one group of them "you're really not that pretty"... Y'all do know you don't have to tear one group down to build up another right? You don't have to overcompensate by ? on all lighter women as euro centri looking entitled folks while swearing every dark woman is the true essens3 of beauty just to look like you're more black than somebody else
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    So the only way to promote self love and acceptance of all shades is to ? on light skin in place of dark skin?

Some may see ? on colorism and being frank about it's origins / effects as doing just that, unfortunately..

I'm a keep it a hunnit. ? like light-skinned women because their features are closer to white than dark-skinned women
    Nooo

You ? motha ? ? . You are A ? ? . How in the world is complaining about colorism coonish? Answer that question.
    Seems like we got an upset ? here

Listen you hebitch we can shoot this argument in the pm's. Imma be respectful to the thread and not derail it going back and forth with you.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lmao at the idea of embracing tho beauty of black women by telling one group of them "you're really not that pretty"... Y'all do know you don't have to tear one group down to build up another right? You don't have to overcompensate by ? on all lighter women as euro centri looking entitled folks while swearing every dark woman is the true essens3 of beauty just to look like you're more black than somebody else

Where in this thread is this happening tho?

As I said, it seems being frank about how ridiculous all this colorism ? is may come off as disrespectful to lighter skin women, but this sort of sensitivity is a distraction.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SPECIALLY THESE ? 'N ASS IC ? ...YALL WILL NEVER SEE ME PLAYING THAT LIGHTSKIN VS DARKSKIN MESS!!

HEY KATT
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Nooo

Seems like we got an upset ? here

Listen you hebitch we can shoot this argument in the pm's. Imma be respectful to the thread and not derail it going back and forth with you.

Answer the ? question.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    This is true
    Let ? like what they like

I have know problem with dudes having preferences but ? be takin it too far especially in these social media days. It's to the point where my bros be talking about a chick and be like "she look good, but she too dark". I be thinking in my mind "? your mama dark as ? "

Im going to take it back to the 80s in what a dark skinned dude told me. He said they were talked about and called ugly by the beautiful light skinned woman and he felt insecure and devalued. Now that dark skinned men are in and praised by lightskin women thats all he will go after because they look so much like the white massas wife that he could look at but could not touch.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no pretty browning can butter me up ah bloodclatt. unfortunately the same cannot be said by you sucker ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sixsicksins @Trillaaaaaa‌ immm also waiting on how I'm " the biggest perpetrator of light-skint worship "

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's true that Lightskin women are put on a pedestal and for good reason. They are superior to dark butts in every way
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lightskin and mixed women are on a well deserved pedestal

ibingckgwa8fhk.gif
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Where in this thread is this happening tho?

As I said, it seems being frank about how ridiculous all this colorism ? is may come off as disrespectful to lighter skin women, but this sort of sensitivity is a distraction.

Being Frank and saying ? like dark women got a reason to be upset at lighter women is ridiculous. Lighter women can't help how society perceives them. Do they benefit? Of course but they didn't set the rule. I just think it's stupid to make it a point to talk about how much more attractive you find darker women over lighter women as if it's still not a form of fetisizing someone based on their skin tone.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    So

Hmmm

*goes to Pico IllPix thread*

Glorrrraaaae!!!!!!!