Options
    Give Rusev the U.S. Title

Feed Rusev to Ryback

Make a great fued out of it

Ryback will be over af again
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said it when he returned but he was being humbled and hopefully it worked.

His character still has a short shelf life because his matches are just a string of him hitting big moves but people enjoy it and it works.

I'm cool with what he is doing but it's still too soon to be talking world champion/main event even though I believe he will reach that plateau eventually
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I LOOOOVE Wrestling Soup. Good to see the IC ? with the team.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    the Big guy nh
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    He would be a great heel
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    He would be a great heel

theyve tried this
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i wonder whats the word on that lil part where he says show and henry are gone after this rivalry
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy how fast he rose and fell but when I think about it, he needed to fall back

WWE stay bringing guys in and having them shoot to the main event damn bear with no stepping stones . Then when the fued is over with, the guy looks buried cause he is wrestling goldust when he was jus working a season long program wit a top guy

Nathan jones
    Kane
    Big show
    Ryback
    Bray
    Snitsky
    Sheamus

To name a few
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched raw today, Ryback was always pretty lame to me but I'm intrigued to see where they go with him this time around, he had the crowd behind him he didn't come across like a corny meathead like he did at first, I think making him a Paul Heyman guy might be the move so he doesn't have to do all the mic work, then put him in a feud with Rusev so not only will we see too dominant big guys go at it but we can hear Heyman and Lana go back and forth, would make for a great wrestlemania match
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happens to axel ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think making him a Paul Heyman guy might be the move so he doesn't have to do all the mic work

No no no. When will people learn that making someone a Paul Heyman could be as much a curse as it is a blessing (Cesaro). Remember what happened to Ryback when that was done with him?

Besides he greatly improved on the mic once they let him finally cut loose and he became

7iqMuQl.gif
  • Broddie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I didn't even know that he was back from his medical leave already. Never saw this live either but look at how open he had that crowd even when he was being booked like ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n33qmDEEEzI

When WWE officials were high on him at first he was extremely green in all areas and not quite ready for prime time yet. He also let that push really inflate his head.

Now that he's humbled himself and seems to be more seasoned in the ring and on the mic I dare say they should give him the push that they initially gave him. Better him than Reigns. At least to me cause Ryback actually has charisma and has legit two of the catchiest catch phrases in recent times ("Feed Me More", "Ryback Rules") which are both great for crowd engagement chants as you can see in that clip.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i agree, some of the ? he did as the big guy was good
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I think making him a Paul Heyman guy might be the move so he doesn't have to do all the mic work

No no no. When will people learn that making someone a Paul Heyman could be as much a curse as it is a blessing (Cesaro). Remember what happened to Ryback when that was done with him?

Besides he greatly improved on the mic once they let him finally cut loose and he became

7iqMuQl.gif

Yea maybe, but I wasn't with Cesaro becoming a Heyman guy even though everyone was hype about it, throw in the trash music everything he built went to ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was pretty hard on Ryback, about as hard as I am on Reigns.

I can see the progress Ryback is making though, he's actually more over than he was during his initial run. I think he can handle himself just fine without a manager. Just stop having guys cut 15 minute promos...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I think Heyman/Ryback would work but y'all are the experts, Cesaro needs and should be on the mic more considering he's good at it, and should be coming out to a Mr Perfect type theme music, either way I'm intrigued to see where they go with Ryback
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Well, it did help that he was in his hometown for him to get that pop lol.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    That explains the support, but he still didn't come across as a cornball ripoff of Goldberg, hopefully they don't put him on Team Cena or anything like that keep him in his own lane, let him dominate the Bo Dallas' of the world for the next couple months or so on Raw see if he can maintain that pop up until royal rumble where they can have him dominate that only to get eliminated by Daniel Bryan or whatever the plan is for Brock at wrestlemania (hopefully it's still Brock), he'll still look strong maybe they can have him collide with Rusev after that, he eliminates Rusev then Rusev somehow helps to eliminate Ryback, he'll get the pop of his life if he comes out with that feed me more ? is playing while Lana is yapping
  • Broddie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That was August though. I haven't watched Raw in months. I just know through forums and ? that he was out injured. I wasn't sure he was back but even before he left he was sharpening his skills. I used to watch the clips online. There was one before he left and was still with Axel where he did the arm pump taunt and the crowd was chanting FEED ME MORE with each movement. That was when he was supposed to be heel lol. This guy is a born badass baby face they need to showcase his strengths and keep working on his weaknesses because he's shown that he's willing to improve.

This is the clip Don Tony and Kevin Castle are talking about. This was from their show last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aypAQ6q49tM

My first time seeing that clip actually and tbh the guy is looking like a star out there. He finally has a decent singlet too lmao he also seems more confident and assured now. The last 2 years of being buried probably paid off. They'll never know unless they push him again.

With Reigns out and Ryback being better and more polished now maybe it definitely Ryback that should be set up against Brock. They need someone like Goldberg, Undertaker or Warrior badly right now. That's missing from the show and really kills the entertainment factor. Like it or not that's why guys like Hogan and Bruno are really the GOATs. They're a spectacle unto themselves. Ryback could be the next big WWE brand. The perfect counter wrestler to a Daniel Bryan.

Those guys are always engaging the crowd better than any other type of wrestler. Ryback already proved he could hold that part down if booked accordingly. The guy is the only one to get more than just YES chants. That's merchandise money WWE is just sitting on. Vince needs to just put the battery in this kid's back and let him loose.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    wont matter who they put with heyman if they book em like ? , they put axel and ryback and cesaro all with dude, they should have all came out better
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm with him winning the Rumble and taking on Brock at WM (please don't be Cena), just let him dominate until then, don't make him look weak at all, right now Brock looks unstoppable if Ryback looks the same and they meet at wrestlemania...at least the build will be crazy hopefully the match doesn't end up being Brock/Goldberg 2
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm with him winning the Rumble and taking on Brock at WM (please don't be Cena), just let him dominate until then, don't make him look weak at all, right now Brock looks unstoppable if Ryback looks the same and they meet at wrestlemania...at least the build will be crazy hopefully the match doesn't end up being Brock/Goldberg 2

O man please don't mention that match smh
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

did angle sign with wwe yet.. i could go for a angle vs brock macth at Wm
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

did angle sign with wwe yet.. i could go for a angle vs brock macth at Wm

The word going around is he's staying with TNA
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Just watched raw today, Ryback was always pretty lame to me but I'm intrigued to see where they go with him this time around, he had the crowd behind him he didn't come across like a corny meathead like he did at first, I think making him a Paul Heyman guy might be the move so he doesn't have to do all the mic work, then put him in a feud with Rusev so not only will we see too dominant big guys go at it but we can hear Heyman and Lana go back and forth, would make for a great wrestlemania match

Lana wouldnt be able to keep up with Paul