My bad Christianity haters...

Options
2»

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3wHogN6.jpg

Yeah, the Old Testament Bible (and New Testament) and its support of evil certainly reminds me of the Black experience in America. The Bible ? can ? OFF and suck my big, Black, African-American ? .

IT'S EASY CONFUSE OLD TESTAMENT SLAVERY WITH WESTERN SLAVERY. IF YOU THINK THAT ? WAS O.K. WITH THIS SORT OF SLAVERY, CHECK OUT THIS VERSE ONLY A FEW VERSES EARLIER.

"HE WHO KIDNAPS A MAN, WHETHER HE SELLS HIM OR HE IS FOUND IN HIS POSSESSION, SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH." (EXODUS 21:16)

WESTERN STYLE SLAVERY WAS A CAPITAL OFFENSE AS WAS ? AND PRE-MEDITATED MURDER. ? COMMANDED HIS PEOPLE REPEATEDLY TO PROTECT AND DEFEND AND CARE FOR THE FOREIGNERS IN THEIR LAND.

EXODUS 22:21:
    YOU SHALL NOT WRONG A SOJOURNER OR OPPRESS HIM, FOR YOU WERE SOJOURNERS IN THE LAND OF EGYPT.
    (THE VERY NEXT CHAPTER EVEN REQUIRES PEOPLE TO LEAVE THEIR OWN CROPS FOR FOREIGNERS TO BE SURE THEY WOULD NOT STARVE.)

A "SLAVE" IN THAT DAY WAS A PERSON WHO HAD INCURRED AN UN-PAYABLE DEBT TO ANOTHER AND HAD SOLD HIMSELF INTO THAT PERSON'S EMPLOYMENT. (THUS THE PHRASE: "HE IS HIS MONEY") EVEN THIS WAS LIMITED BY ? . ONCE IN EVERY GENERATION, DEBTS WERE TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY CANCELLED, NO MATTER HOW GREAT THE DEBT, AND PEOPLE WERE RETURNED TO THEIR OWN PROPERTY. CHECK OUT LEVITICUS 25 AND 27.

AFTER JESUS, SLAVERY WAS STILL A CULTURAL ISSUE AND PAUL SPOKE TO THIS ISSUE THIS WAY:
    EPHESIANS 6:9
    AND MASTERS, DO THE SAME THINGS TO THEM, AND GIVE UP THREATENING, KNOWING THAT BOTH THEIR MASTER AND YOURS IS IN HEAVEN, AND THERE IS NO PARTIALITY WITH HIM.

THE IDEAL IN SCRIPTURE ACTUALLY GOES LIKE THIS:
    GALATIANS 3:28
    THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, THERE IS NEITHER SLAVE NOR FREE MAN, THERE IS NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE; FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like @dro_banks been studying.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    History simply repeats itself with different generations. It's not any "prophecy" it's more like humans are creatures of habit and seem not to learn our lesson very easily.

It's no "prophecy" for me to say, "in the future the dominant group of a particular population will oppress the minority within that population." Thats not being prophetic. That's being a student of history. The Bible was written by men. It's a bunch of ? for the most part but these men were wise for their era.

They weren't prophets they were simply historians, philosophers and sociologist of their age.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    History simply repeats itself with different generations. It's not any "prophecy" it's more like humans are creatures of habit and seem not to learn our lesson very easily.

It's no "prophecy" for me to say, "in the future the dominant group of a particular population will oppress the minority within that population." Thats not being prophetic. That's being a student of history. The Bible was written by men. It's a bunch of ? for the most part but these men were wise for their era.

They weren't prophets they were simply historians, philosophers and sociologist of their age.

I agree.
    And in a way we have to ask ourselves what was the reason for them to write these books.
    Did they have the best interest of the human race in mind?
    Were these books written to control the masses?
    Did they write them because they were bored or needed money?
    What really happened at the council of nicea?
    Could it be that these ppl were inspired by ? /the holy ghost to write the law for humankind?
    iont think so, well atleast not much more than some bish writing a blog
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »

Do you even know the prophecies that were being said in the bible???Prophecies about about an exact kings fall and how it would happen a hundred years before the king was even born, prophecies about exactly which families Lineage Jesus would fall under the line of David like 500 years before Jesus was born, prophecies about the crucifixion of Jesus 400 years before people even understood that a Christ (someone supposed to be a king) would be killed and raised from the dead all and have people after his death (who once he died no longer believed he was the Christ) willing to be hung upside down and burned at the cross/stake and could a been let go if they just said they ain't see him come back from the dead? Before the clock crows twice you will deny me Judas? All those prophecies weren't just some men sitting down thinking about natural disasters and wars and saying common sense stuff. Some of that stuff was either IMPOSSIBLE to plan and happened or it just didn't happen and was a lie. That's what separates the Bible (and the Koran and Torah) from all other religions. It's the written script of prophecy that was predicted 1,000's of years down to exact names of people that came and fulfilled the prophecies (often on the losing end of the prophecy--Pharaohs-kings--popular relgions with all the power-- that nobody would want to have that prophecy come true; hence the ruler killing all 1st born babies in Bethlehem because he knew the prophecy was coming true of a ruler that would be the Christ that could over throw the entire kingdom). Also, even John the Baptist was predicted hundreds of years before his appearance. It's the fact of the prophecies unraveled (with the people sometimes aware and unable to stop it and sometimes oblivious) that separates these books and it was written down by people who were common men/normal in the community one day and the next day a prophet writing down things to be fulfilled by the writing that also aligned with stuff written hundreds of years before them. Everyone has the right to believe or not believe, but to say the prophecies all of them were generic----that's just wrong. If I tell you you'll die on Wednesday 2017 in a car wreck and it happens that's not generic.
    By the way, it's crazy and wrong as hell for me to write that former line. It just came to mind when writing. I don't care who you are, I don't wish you dying on nobody in that way darlin.
  • luke1733
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Getting lazy on my research on bible stuff, so i threw some internet stuff. The basic thought is: either this stuff didn't happen or if it did then these prophecies were prolific not generic. This site does a good job of showing DarcSkies the types of prophecies that were being said and the probability on a science scale of probablilty for this type of stuff to come true from just someone stating something that could happen at any time by anyone versus this being some beyond unusual stuff that has to be divine to happen.
    Again, the thought should be either you believe it happened or it didn't happen; not that the prophecies were basic stuff like tomorrow the sun will come up or rain will fall for two weeks. I don't really expect folks to read tho' cause if most of y'all did these questions wouldn't have to be re-answered

http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    You do know the Torah is just the first five books of the bible right? Also, it gives a lot of prophecies, but none written before prior to the destabilization of the areas that they said what would happen. So how can we conclude this is prophecy when it denotes to the fact. The way we know the old testament is that it's an AD religion. Also, a powerful astrological book even though it says not to worship the stars, but it's dates and times and eras are very fundamentally astrological in nature.
  • luke1733
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Uh, not sure if you were talking to me or no oya, but before the Torah was the spoken word the term "Torah" can mean the entire body of Jewish law. This includes the Written and the Oral Law.Jewish tradition holds that "Moses received the Torah from Sinai," yet there is also an ancient tradition that the Torah existed in heaven not only before ? revealed it to Moses, but even before the world was created.

This tradition was maintained only in oral form until about the 2d century C.E., when the oral law was compiled and written down in a document called the Mishnah.

Over the next few centuries, additional commentaries elaborating on the Mishnah were written down in Jerusalem and Babylon. These additional commentaries are known as the Gemara. The Gemara and the Mishnah together are known as the Talmud. This was completed in the 5th century C.E.

So to teach you, the spoken word from BC times preceded the written word of AD. Interesting that you did try to come with a little knowledge on something oya, but be thoroughal and don't just come with a piece of a truth. Come with the whole truth.
    I don't know everything, and I really don't want to, but I did take Judeo Christianity and a couple of courses when I was in school to learn about Judaism.

And oh, if there oral history isn't considered any different than other religions than consider this: Their oral tradition revealed Pharaohs that were living and have been confirmed even today, their mention of the flood has been proven that a great flood unknown since that time did flood the earth, the names of the people David, Solomon, Esau, Elijah were actual people and not people or fake deities that other families did not live with daily. And due to those families being real family lineages it is the VERY PROOF and Reason.
  • luke1733
    Options
    This History and record keeping is phenomenal and really a huge reason as to why I put my faith in christianity. That's why I can recite it, because it's kinda why I believe it. The families exist today based off the very things that happened in the first book of the Bible--Genesis. You can't find any other history in any culture that goes back that far, yet along ties itself to ? and shows the actual events that are divine manifestations and people's reactions and changes in behavior due to those manifestations. Here's the proof that the families that exist today show that they are the descendants of the very same people the bible spoke of since Creation. It is the Jews versus Muslims who used to be the same people.
    The Jews are descendants of Abraham’s son Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael. With Ishmael being the son of a slave woman (Genesis 16:1–16) and Isaac being the promised son who would inherit the blessings of Abraham (Genesis 21:1–3), obviously there would be some animosity between the two sons. As a result of Ishmael’s mocking Isaac (Genesis 21:9), Sarah talked Abraham into sending Hagar and Ishmael away (Genesis 21:11–21). Likely, this caused even more contempt in Ishmael’s heart toward Isaac. An angel told Hagar that Ishmael would be the father of a great nation (Genesis 21:18) and, interestingly, that Ishmael would be “a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers” (Genesis 16:12).

I don't know how much I have to spell out for you, but if these people's names are still the same, they have been traced for fighting over the same things that they fought over 3000 years + ago and they are still pretty much in the exact same locations that were even named 3000+years ago then DAMN man, just accept it. There's more to validate this as being true than not based on that alone
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Son... there are older cultures...
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    I'll read this later.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad, i ? up. It's Laban, not Leben and Rachel and Leah, not Rebecca.
  • luke1733
    Options

still waiting on the older cultures who have written down the history of mankind's origins while including real time events and real names that families today can trace themselves back to direct relation along with nations; while making accurate prophecies that most were fulfilled.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »

still waiting on the older cultures who have written down the history of mankind's origins while including real time events and real names that families today can trace themselves back to direct relation along with nations; while making accurate prophecies that most were fulfilled.

That will never happened, because humanity only started writing a little more than completely 5,000 years ago and we had proto writing and symbolic writing over 10,000 years and our species is older than 200,000 years old. So no, we will never have a true complete writing, that is why the field of archaeology is so important.

• rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    housemouse wrote: »
    Religion is just a tool to keep us mentally enslaved. Black people need to stop worshipping these white gods because the first gods thought up by men were black Africans.

christianity is not a white religion whites worshiped zeus,odin and nature

OK Who do you think EL is? LOL. The Bull ? . Ever wonder why the first temple is decorated with Bulls. Or why the Egyptians sacrificed a golden calf.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religion is just a tool to keep us mentally enslaved. Black people need to stop worshipping these white gods because the first gods thought up by men were black Africans.

OK Who do you think EL is? LOL. The Bull ? . Ever wonder why the first temple is decorated with Bulls. Or why the Egyptians sacrificed a golden calf.

The ? of israel is not nature, the ? of israel is transcendent . Often TIMES the hebrews defiled the temple/engaged in practices that were not in line with what they knew the ? of their fathers expected.

There was a pagan ? called EL.

but the word El came to be just another generic word for ? , AS USED IN CONTEXT EL and yahweh are the same entity.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

The ? of israel is not nature, the ? of israel is transcendent . Often TIMES the hebrews defiled the temple/engaged in practices that were not in line with what they knew the ? of their fathers expected.

but the word El came to be just another generic word for ? , AS USED IN CONTEXT EL and yahweh are the same entity.

OK. But ? ordained it as Holy approving of the build. He wouldn't ordain something that was wrong would he?

Clearly this is a shout out to astrology.

first_temple.png
  • Ajackson17
    Options

My research shows that there was either a fusion or Yahweh overlapped the abilities and overtook the position.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whenever I read the old testament, I can't help but wonder if they're prophesizing about the current day African Americans and black people.

Well.

Nat Turner sure thought it did.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Whenever I read the old testament, I can't help but wonder if they're prophesizing about the current day African Americans and black people.

Well.

And Christian, Bible loving slave masters had the last laugh as they tortured and hung him to death.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well.

And Christian, Bible loving slave masters had the last laugh as they tortured and hung him to death.

and if he was not a christian they still would have hung him or he would never have been inspired to rebel therefore spending his whole life in slavery only to die and be largely forgotten by history.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well.

and if he was not a christian they still would have hung him or he would never have been inspired to rebel therefore spending his whole life in slavery only to die and be largely forgotten by history.

Maybe, it still doesn't change anything I said. The Christian slave masters had the last laugh and kept slavery alive in America for another 30 plus years.