NFL Twitter Fails-New England Patriots Racist tweet

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
VIBE-While-You-Were-Living-Week-2-cover.jpg

NEP.png

This is just, well, we’re speechless. The photo above is a screenshot of an actual Tweet that the New England Patriots’ official Twitter account sent out Thursday night. It’s, obviously, now been deleted, but we promise you that this isn’t made up or photoshopped.

As for what happened, well, we get what the Pats were trying to do—give a shutout to the follower who helped them reach a milestone—but how in the hell did this make it past a human’s eyes?! Was it really just automated? No one thought that automatically tweeting out pictures of a Patriots jerseys with random Twitter handles written on the back could, somehow, lead to problems?

Someone is getting fired.
http://www.tddaily.com/news/new-england-patriots-i-hate-? -tweet-jersey-photo/

Just when it seemed NFL public relations problems were kind of dying down, things got awkward, unfortunate and down-right disrespectful on social media for the New England Patriots. After an automated mishap, the storied NFL franchise’s twitter page gave a shout-out to its fans that helped the team become the first in the NFL with a million followers. Any fan that tweeted a special link would get a jersey with their twitter name on the back of the jersey. One such follower happened to be... @IHATENIGGERSS. To the teams credit the tweet was removed and followed up with an apology.

http://www.vibe.com/article/while-you-were-living-nfl-twitter-fails-charles-barkley-nba-beefs?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=Sports

Comments

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh damn shame
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't know about all the functions on twiiter, but it's likely they had some setting/written program that was made to automatically assign the name to the pic, and tweet the 1millionth follower.

The person who did this, probably knew it was set up like this, and spammed to be the one millionth follower on purpose.

In short, it's highly possible/probable someone with inside knowledge did this on purpose, ro it could be a coincidence.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yet these muthafuckas in the league wanna make a big deal out of domestic abuse.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I don't know about all the functions on twiiter, but it's likely they had some setting/written program that was made to automatically assign the name to the pic, and tweet the 1millionth follower.

The person who did this, probably knew it was set up like this, and spammed to be the one millionth follower on purpose.

In short, it's highly possible/probable someone with inside knowledge did this on purpose, ro it could be a coincidence.

They sent out a tweet to a million followers with a jersey and their name on the back not just this clown, if ànything twitter should apologize for not deleting that account
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Racist ? from Boston, color me shocked...
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea they got trolled, yall mufuckas never been to Boston yet want to call it racist. Every city in the US has some sort of racist history that they would want the masses to forget about.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    The top 10 voted most racist states are all in the south
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

Boston's not a state so...

Sure the most racist cities reside in the most racist states....
  • Huey_C
    Options
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With that logic, Alaska should have the biggest cities since it's the biggest state.
  • Huey_C
    Options

With that logic, Alaska should have the biggest cities since it's the biggest state.

Not talking about land mass, more so an intangible ignorant thought process. Southern cities are rampant with bigots who would die for their confederate flags. No surprise that these racist bigoted cities are found within these racist southern states
  • Huey_C
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Yea they got trolled, yall mufuckas never been to Boston yet want to call it racist. Every city in the US has some sort of racist history that they would want the masses to forget about.

Been to to Boston plenty times. ? is racist as ? . The racism can be tasted in the water up there.

What racist attacks have you been subjected too?
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Just because the south have racist cities doesn't mean Boston isn't racist

Racism is in the DNA of this country, it was built on that notion. Every town, city and state has a racist history or deals with racial division. But to say Boston is the most racist city in this current day is plain ignorance.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not talking about land mass, more so an intangible ignorant thought process. Southern cities are rampant with bigots who would die for their confederate flags. No surprise that these racist bigoted cities are found within these racist southern states

Dude, I've lived in both North and South USA, has bad the history the south has, now that I'm older, I realized the North is more heavily racist than the South in a lot of areas. Boston is one of the most racist cities up north, it's an heavily Irish town, so that ? to be expected.

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And what a coincidence that this ? is coming from an organization based on people that actually oppressed people of color.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »

Dude, I've lived in both North and South USA, has bad the history the south has, now that I'm older, I realized the North is more heavily racist than the South in a lot of areas. Boston is one of the most racist cities up north, it's an heavily Irish town, so that ? to be expected.

So going by personal experiences I never been called a ? until I moved down to the southern region of the US. Never seen confederate flags displayed on the porch and windows of homes until I visited Athens. We are talking perspectives at this point.