Not Afraid - The Shady Records Story Documentary

Options
The_Man
The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever happened to Shady/G Unit/ Aftermath? 10 years ago they were the hottest thing since Microsoft.

Does Dre even make beats for Eminem anymore?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre doesnt make that many beats in general anymore, The last Beat I can think of from the top of my head he gave to em was so bad of recovery. His last beat I can remember for any artist was smoke
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much of a story can there be behind shady records? They were only relevant for a few years in the early-mid 00's then fell off the face of the earth.

It's too bad as well, I liked the roster they had goin when they dropped the re-up.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Shady/G Unit/ Aftermath? 10 years ago they were the hottest thing since
    I know that g Unit records left interscope so that's probably part of it.

As a whole collective though, I'd say part of it was the lack of ? comin from both aftermath and shady. In the last decade aftermath has only dropped 3 non 50 cent or eminem albums. The documentary, Big Bang, and good kid maad city. Shady's similar, after the reup in 06 they didn't release another album until bad meets evil in '11. The only thing they did release in that time was cashis' ep.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? still got fans?
    He ain't been ahit since the eminem show
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Whatever happened to Shady/G Unit/ Aftermath? 10 years ago they were the hottest thing since Microsoft.

If you look back, he never really made beats for em to begin with.
    This ? still got fans?

He's the highest selling rapper in the game bruh
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? still got fans?

bubbles-confused.gif
  • 5 Grand
    Options

If you look back, he never really made beats for em to begin with.

Which is unbelievably odd. The whole point was that Dre signed Eminem and Dre was a super producer and Eminem was the indestructible MC. Why didn't he spend more time producing Em?

The quality of Em's music could have been soooooo much better.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ FBT made some of the best beats in early Em albums, the problem was when he thought he could produce for himself and other people.
    He cant, no matter how many times a coke head indian single mother from the uk posts his ? wikipedia producer page.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has the number 1 album in the country
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Never heard eminem been playd n tha hood out of system or barbershop
  • gemini86
    Options
    I live in harlem and I defibitekt bumped Eminem's music before. And his songs with Rihanna stay getting play on the radio.
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    I live in harlem and I defibitekt bumped Eminem's music before. And his songs with Rihanna stay getting play on the radio.

You prolly playd it n your house or earphones… tha only cd that might of gotin hood spins was tmm lp … yea that song gets hood spins because of Rihanna not em… thots love riri she's a thot inspiration
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the one hand you can say they didn't last long and weren't ? . But with fifty and d12 and whoever else, they sold at least 20 mil records worldwide, how many vanity labels have come close to selling that much regardless of how long they were around. We just throw out numbers as if it aint ? , but not many artist labels sell twenty million records.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

You dont know that many ppl and don't get out of your own hood too often. Fact.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ FBT made some of the best beats in early Em albums, the problem was when he thought he could produce for himself and other people.
    He cant, no matter how many times a coke head indian single mother from the uk posts his ? wikipedia producer page.

He's got some decent belts in his discog
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a thought but perhaps the country stretches beyond your hood and barbershop.
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Decent doesnt is just saying its not straight trash, but sometimes it is (look at Welcome To: Our House, Loyal To The Game, that ? ? beat he gave Nas for ? 's Son) and sometimes its not (while sounding soulless and monotone the beat of Momment of Clarity isnt entirely ? , Obie's Cheers album was good but a better producer could've made that ? better, some people might call it a classic but there's ? like got some teeth that ruins it for me).
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Decent doesnt is just saying its not straight trash, but sometimes it is (look at Welcome To: Our House, Loyal To The Game, that ? ? beat he gave Nas for ? 's Son) and sometimes its not (while sounding soulless and monotone the beat of Momment of Clarity isnt entirely ? , Obie's Cheers album was good but a better producer could've made that ? better, some people might call it a classic but there's ? like got some teeth that ruins it for me).

Cosign that wack ass beat on ? 's Son. It was called Carry The Cross I think. The lyrics were cool but the beat ruined it. Only wack song on the album IMO.
  • gemini86
    Options

Cosign that wack ass beat on ? 's Son. It was called Carry The Cross I think. The lyrics were cool but the beat ruined it. Only wack song on the album IMO.

? your taste. That was one of the best songs on the album. Stop acting like all em beats were trash. That ? was hot and so was moment of clarity by jayz
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    ^ You started listening to hip hop in 2003 didnt you?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carry The Cross beat was trash man
  • gemini86
    Options
    I'm 28 years old. No I did not start listening to hiphop in 03 lol
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    Have you ever listened to a competent producer? 9th Wonder, Kanye West, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Q Tip, Just Blaze, The Neptunes, DJ Shadow, Kno from CunninLynguists, Big K.R.I.T., hell by now Tyler's music as weird as it is, sounds better produced than anything eminem has ever done.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

? your taste. That was one of the best songs on the album. Stop acting like all em beats were trash. That ? was hot and so was moment of clarity by jayz

? my taste? I'll list some songs that came out around that time. You tell me if Carry The Cross was on par with any of them.

I'm Ready
    Stand Up
    Dirt Off Your Shoulder
    Blueprint 2
    Get Down
    Drop It Like Its Hot
    Many Men
    Wanksta
    Get Low
    Lean Back

^^^^^ I dare you to type that Carry the Cross banged like any of those in a whip, club, living room or headphones.