The Best and Worst Video Game Based Movies

Options

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    House of the dead wins this hands down.

They were actually charging people to see it in the movie theaters.

Alone in the dark comes in a close second.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does anybody know the name of that movie based on a videogame that had those surgeons that could only ?

you if you made noise ?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomb Raider movies were... Not complete ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They weren't bad at all actually.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First one was pretty good second one was ehhhhh ending was wack. A Jolie was sexy as hell though
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silent Hill was good imo, I enjoyed Mortal Kombat too.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They said part two the cradle of life was decent.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the resident evil movies with Mila jovovich
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    does anybody know the name of that movie based on a videogame that had those surgeons that could only ?

you if you made noise ?

Hell, that sounds terrible as a game, let alone a movie.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    So ILL wrote: »
    61K35KF4Q0L.jpg

Trash.

I liked this as a kid. Ima get super baked and see how this held up.

I would say the ff7 movie was pretty cool. Specifically the scene with the big ass dragon thing vs all the characters

I did this last night. Maybe it was the greenery but it actually wasn't all that bad.
    I kinda took it for what it was, a kids movie based on a platformer with a simple ass story. Although most of it was ridiculous and didn't make much sense, I'll give credit to the writers for having an imagination.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    What are some of the best and worst video game based movies you watched? (note: this applies to live action movies only)

I think the worst by far is the OG Street Fighter, Jean Claude Van Dam barely speaks English and he was cast as Guile...an American army sergeant. The second Mortal Kombat is up there with the WOATs as well.

I think Hitman was one of the better video game flicks and I actually kind of liked Prince of Persia too, even though probably the OG Resident Evil is my favorite.
    How can you think mortal kombat is wack but like hitaman and re??? Those were decent at best, mk still holds up today and the fight scenes are still dope as hell
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it also depends if you grew up with the games tho because i have never played silent hill and liked the movie
    but i grew up playing tomb raider and resident evil and was really disappointed in those movies.
    objectively speaking tho i would say silent hill was still much better than tomb raider or resident evil.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

First one was pretty good second one was ehhhhh ending was wack. A Jolie was sexy as hell though

She said in an interview she was wearing a special bra to give her the double ds tho.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    61K35KF4Q0L.jpg

Trash.

Bob Hoskins (RIP) who played Mario, in an interview about his career.

What is the worst job you've done?
    Super Mario Brothers.

What has been your biggest disappointment?
    Super Mario Brothers.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
    I wouldn't do Super Mario Brothers.

...“The worst thing I ever did? ‘Super Mario Bros.’ It was a fu–in’ nightmare,” Hoskins said. ”It had a husband-and-wife team directing, whose arrogance had been mistaken for talent. After so many weeks their own agent told them to get off the set! Fu–in’ nightmare. Fu–in’ idiots.”

Roger Ebert on Super Mario...
    “It's just a lot of people running around, all talking at once, in a plot that nobody cares anything about…it's a complete waste of time and money

John Leguizamo's Super Mario Bros. 20th Anniversary Message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5S0v_lrGlg
  • BoogaSuga
    Options

GTA starring Dave Chappelle

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i caught street fighters last year on starz i think it was and its amazing how bad the quality of that movie was back then i swear it looked like it was recorded with a phone camera its like the stage was gonna fall apart every time there was a fight and the acting was even worse

how you gonna have guile the all american soldier talk with a french accent

'ah, so youre guile, leader of the resistance'
    'oui, i mean, yes...i am ehhh how you say....the AHHHmeirrhKAN'

and balrog was just flabby and sick blank was just a haitian painted green and why the ? was dee jay in that movie he was the worst fighting game character ever just a smiley ass jamaican with no powers

im not planning on looking back to any movies i thought of highly once before no more
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye yall remember this?
    street-fighter-ii-the-animated-m.jpg

Street Fighter 2 >>>>>>
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    WOAT
    DoubleDragonPoster.jpg
    the only good scene in the movie
    alyssa-milano-o.gif

oh gawd! get that thing away from me! *shudder*
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Aye yall remember this?
    street-fighter-ii-the-animated-m.jpg

Street Fighter 2 >>>>>>

i don't remember that being in the street fighter animated movie. i had the dubbed american version though.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i caught street fighters last year on starz i think it was and its amazing how bad the quality of that movie was back then i swear it looked like it was recorded with a phone camera its like the stage was gonna fall apart every time there was a fight and the acting was even worse

and balrog was just flabby and sick blank was just a haitian painted green and why the ? was dee jay in that movie he was the worst fighting game character ever just a smiley ass jamaican with no powers

im not planning on looking back to any movies i thought of highly once before no more

man balrog looked like bro man from martin. dee jay was played by pretty ricky fontane and was a coward. e honda was a fat samoan that movie was all wrong you can't make a movie from a fighting game that really had a plot. who green lighted this? man i tell ya. how did they even manage to get raul julia or how were they even able to afford him?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    61K35KF4Q0L.jpg

Trash.

Bob Hoskins (RIP) who played Mario, in an interview about his career.

What is the worst job you've done?
    Super Mario Brothers.

What has been your biggest disappointment?
    Super Mario Brothers.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
    I wouldn't do Super Mario Brothers.

...“The worst thing I ever did? ‘Super Mario Bros.’ It was a fu–in’ nightmare,” Hoskins said. ”It had a husband-and-wife team directing, whose arrogance had been mistaken for talent. After so many weeks their own agent told them to get off the set! Fu–in’ nightmare. Fu–in’ idiots.”

Roger Ebert on Super Mario...
    “It's just a lot of people running around, all talking at once, in a plot that nobody cares anything about…it's a complete waste of time and money

John Leguizamo's Super Mario Bros. 20th Anniversary Message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5S0v_lrGlg

super mario bros should have been an animated movie or they could have waited until pixar came around and made it a cgi movie and it would have done well.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fist_of_the_North_Star_(live-action_movie_poster).jpg

I've tried watching this^^^^^ on Netflix........no....hell no

Even though it was a fan made movie....?

megaman-the-movie-2_4b4y.jpg
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »

man balrog looked like bro man from martin. dee jay was played by pretty ricky fontane and was a coward. e honda was a fat samoan that movie was all wrong you can't make a movie from a fighting game that really had a plot. who green lighted this? man i tell ya. how did they even manage to get raul julia or how were they even able to afford him?

i really thought they had daddy yankee play vega that street fighter movie was a DISGRACE so much fundamentally wrong with that ? they had ken damn near as tall as sagat
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »

Think I read somewhere Raul was damn near dying when filming movie, don't know how true that is. So he probably did it cause he knew he ain't have much time left,