Which Woman Would You Choose?

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Damn at ? choosing to live in a lower income household just so they wont ever have to cook or clean.

Yes, yes.

Pic A simply says

- Wants you to cook
    -Expects you to clean

It doesn't say you will be expected to be the only one doing those things, just that you will be expected to do.

? "expect" me to do what?!?!

a ? ?? "expect"..
    since the ? when??!

Expect you to not throw her in a trunk, and push the car into the lake.

Basically, everyone has different expectation when entering into a relationship, of course, most people probably have the expectations used in the above example.

oh..
    now see.. thats reasonable tho. lol
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Damn at ? choosing to live in a lower income household just so they wont ever have to cook or clean.

Yes, yes.

Pic A simply says

- Wants you to cook
    -Expects you to clean

It doesn't say you will be expected to be the only one doing those things, just that you will be expected to do.

That's not necessarily true
    If I'm a lawyer that does not have to worry about domestic work I can put in more hours and make comparatively the same as a dual income household

This isn't necessarily true either because you don't know how much your spouse will be making in this situation, and the exact figure of how much more you would make by not cooking 2-3 days a week, and not cleaning up after yourself is unknown.

The women in example B is probably bringing in around 15-20k a year (remember the majority of Americans make no more than 24k a year, and B needs to borrow your car, money, and isn't working throughout the year, sooo)

The women who owns her own business it probably bringing in 80-200K a year.

I'm estimating that you not cooking 2-3 days out of the week, and not cleaning up occasionally would have to result in you making an extra 60k at min to make up for you choosing B.

Pic says nothing about 2 or 3 days
    I assumed it was everyday

If she wont cook at all and I don't cook every day then that means I'm spending money on takeout many times a week
    I could arguably be spending enough that the dual income isn't even that much higher than the single income
    Not to mention the affects on health that eating out can have

The pic also says nothing of her income
    80k is well above the median in most places, her net may not even be that much

No reason to assume that, it only said "wants you to cook". If the person who originally made these pics wanted it to be for everyday they should have just wrote the same thing they did for pic B, like "expects to have a meal prepared when she gets home." or made it more clear.

And it doesn't make much time to make a meal if you plan ahead, and know what you're doing.

@bold, no it's not, minus people who are under 24, personal median income is around 32k for the country.

It's cool if people are comfortable and want to go with B, but I'd rather have more money.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, yes.

Pic A simply says

- Wants you to cook
    -Expects you to clean

That's not necessarily true
    If I'm a lawyer that does not have to worry about domestic work I can put in more hours and make comparatively the same as a dual income household

This isn't necessarily true either because you don't know how much your spouse will be making in this situation, and the exact figure of how much more you would make by not cooking 2-3 days a week, and not cleaning up after yourself is unknown.

The women in example B is probably bringing in around 15-20k a year (remember the majority of Americans make no more than 24k a year, and B needs to borrow your car, money, and isn't working throughout the year, sooo)

The women who owns her own business it probably bringing in 80-200K a year.

I'm estimating that you not cooking 2-3 days out of the week, and not cleaning up occasionally would have to result in you making an extra 60k at min to make up for you choosing B.

Pic says nothing about 2 or 3 days
    I assumed it was everyday

If she wont cook at all and I don't cook every day then that means I'm spending money on takeout many times a week
    I could arguably be spending enough that the dual income isn't even that much higher than the single income
    Not to mention the affects on health that eating out can have

The pic also says nothing of her income
    80k is well above the median in most places, her net may not even be that much

No reason to assume that, it only said "wants you to cook". If the person who originally made these pics wanted it to be for everyday they should have just wrote the same thing they did for pic B, like "expects to have a meal prepared when she gets home." or made it more clear.

And it doesn't make much time to make a meal if you plan ahead, and know what you're doing.

@bold, no it's not, minus people who are under 24, personal median income is around 32k for the country.

It's cool if people are comfortable and want to go with B, but I'd rather have more money.

Well if we're going to interpret it that loosely we could just say that her wanting me to cook and expecting me to clean does not preclude her not doing these things

While it looks better under this light B is still more attractive
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a chick is trying to boss her s/o around then she's already lost all respect for that person(or never had any to begin with) and it also shows a lack of trust. That relationship is destined to fail
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B...i been hustling all my life, aint desperate to have a woman that works. I need a woman to bare me children and raise them in a clean house and not complain about being to tired from work to give me the ? on tap.

I can cook, I just hate doing it....would rather earn enough to give her an allowance for taking care of home.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Why you flag my ? for tho Six?

? can't have opinions anymore since you became mod?

• SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

Not sure what you mean. I flag stupid posts just as much as I did prior to modding. They just hold more weight now, which isn't my fault.
  • DNB1
    Options

Not sure what you mean. I flag stupid posts just as much as I did prior to modding. They just hold more weight now, which isn't my fault.

SMH...why is my opinion stupid? @SixSickSins‌

Because you disagree or what I said makes no sense?
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B...i been hustling all my life, aint desperate to have a woman that works. I need a woman to bare me children and raise them in a clean house and not complain about being to tired from work to give me the ? on tap.

I can cook, I just hate doing it....would rather earn enough to give her an allowance for taking care of home.

real ? ? rite here everything cept givin her an allowance cause everything thats mine is hers but i need my house clean n food on the table n i dont want my kids gettin use to baby sitters ya american ? lost with these 50/50 ? ya really cooking for ya chicks like that she dont respect u juss my opinion
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH...why is my opinion stupid? @SixSickSins‌

Because you disagree or what I said makes no sense?

Because it hurt her feelings

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    B

Lol @ borrowing $20 & my car, i'd buy her a car and give her pocket money as she needs it

Smh at choosing a partner based on her income, ? I can make money, hell if both of us working full-time especially to the point where we have to split cooking and cleaning, obviously we dont have time for each other so what's the point of being in a relationship

? is the new gold diggers. lol
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B - not trying to be Mr mom.
    Historically B would get chosen anyway. I know a ton of chicks that are A and they are single, childless and living life. (wife's friends)They hate on B because she can easily find a man but most A's wont ever date B's man.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I salute any woman out there on her grind, gettin equal pay, in school, career focused. I salute to all those single women.

But uhhh....I will not tolerate women who think its about them, when its about me. And uh, we cant make decisons that cost the team. No. Im from the old school...Cannot play with em. Cannot win with em. Cant do it. I need winners.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    B

Lol @ borrowing $20 & my car, i'd buy her a car and give her pocket money as she needs it

Smh at choosing a partner based on her income, ? I can make money, hell if both of us working full-time especially to the point where we have to split cooking and cleaning, obviously we dont have time for each other so what's the point of being in a relationship

Smh @ choosing a partner just you won't ever have to clean up after yourself.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take A plus if we married & she ? up then I can ether her in court
  • BoldChild
    Options
    *black women owns successful company*

*ic posters* - "black excellence" "wife" "needs to be more women like her"

*black women in question" - you know this business sometimes takes up my time, can you go ahead and throw something together a few times a week?"

Some ic posters - "what!?" "Cooking, cleaning up?" "Naw, I ant doing none of that, better get on wit that. Sorry, this ain't gonna work."
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So what people supposed to do when you going off making ? remarks?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    Hmmm.... a lot of yall who rail against that independent woman rhetoric picking the bossy ? ...

Let me help manage your household @Westie‌.

I could be your @VIBE‌.

We'd have to make a few more kids though :-)
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*black women in question" - you know this business sometimes takes up my time, can you go ahead and throw something together a few times a week?"

Some ic posters - "what!?" "Cooking, cleaning up?" "Naw, I ant doing none of that, better get on wit that. Sorry, this ain't gonna work."
    You to single to be doing so much crying my ?

Live and let live g
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Hmmm.... a lot of yall who rail against that independent woman rhetoric picking the bossy ? ...

I could be your @VIBE‌.

Flagged for the bolded. FOH
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

I could be your @VIBE‌.

Flagged for the bolded. FOH

lol

My bad @Westie‌

Forgot you already have a full household.

What other benefits would I get from being your househusband?
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

You to single to be doing so much crying my ?

Live and let live g

I am letting you live, which is why I haven't reacted to your post.

I'm merely responding to those that's acting like A is doing something wrong because she owns a business, is not a "traditional women" and likely doesn't have the time to perform "full time stay at home parent" duties as a result.

It's one thing to have preferences, it's something else to act like she has committed some atrocity because she owns a business.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously A, didn't really have a choice here.