The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Release Date Delayed Again, This Time By 3 Months

Options

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing through this a second time this game is by far the best bang for your buck you can possibly get damn near ever if western RPGs are your thing. Seriously only Skyrim compares and even then Skyrim doesn't have NEAR the depth or storytelling this game does. I missed SO much ? my first playthrough it's ridiculous.

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Debating if I should get this
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gotta agree, this game is dope AF, but the replay value is nowhere close to skyrim, meaning i skip thru all the dialogue & missed a lot ? , sidequests & loot with NO ? GIVING, & finished it, n I'm not even in a rush to play 2nd time with the likes of Batman/MKX/GTA online around>>>>
    with skyrim i play that game many times with different classes of race, for countless hrs, days, months wasted easy>>>>
    tumblr_lhjjtod2GB1qe0eclo1_500.gif
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    no comparison, different league & levels of RPG/open world games, same goes with Dragon Age no Replay value, didn't even play 2nd time SMDH, & dragon is dope too, just my opinion as a fan...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll Witcher 3's main story line over Skyrim's any day. Skyrim had superior NPC's though
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I have to disagree.i'masbig a skyrim fan there is, but this game has a tonof replay value. Play througha second time and thouroughly explore, your mind will be blown with how much you missed. Although I'm about to revisit DA: Inquisition because I haven't played the DLC on that game yet, once I finish this of course.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you really want the full experience, you need to play on the highest difficulty. I started on the easiest setting just to get the hang of things, but by the time I was in the last Act (there are 3) I was Death March all day, every day. You can increase the difficulty at anytime during the game in the options menu.

If not for that, you'll just hack and slash your way to the end. You'll barely have to use the signs, potions, or grasp the details of the combat on easy or normal. You're only getting half the game play like that. Which brings me to the question marks, you open new ones when you look at a notice board, and investigating those is well worth the time. Diagrams, potion ingredients, loot, money, xp, and places of power. Do the mastercraft missions for the Dwarf (amorer) at Crows Perch and the Elf (blacksmith) in Novigrad. They're the only ones that can work with the diagrams you get from treasure hunts.

Different merchants have different ingredients to sale. What you can't find at one, you might find at another. You can sell some crafting items for lots of money. Emeralds, Diamonds, and ? like that are worth lots of money and you don't use them for crafting too much, if at all.

You're gonna need this stuff if you crank up the difficulty. Be sure to buy all the treasure hunter maps from merchants that have them, they give you some of the best armor/weapons in the game. There's a potion in Novigrad that resets all your skill points, the shop above the barber. Be sure to check for all the free DLC they've dropped. Mostly aesthetic, but I think there are three armor sets you can get which might prove useful. Maybe one new mission in there as well.

I'm not bothering with a replay as I did everything already. The only question marks I got left are in Skellige. But for those of you that are going through a second time or just starting, heed the advice. You'll get tired of that long ass load screen at some point. And the only romances that matter are Yen and Trish and they both come with different endings. So pick who you want and stick with them is key. Romancing neither is an option too.
    I don't know about Ciri
    Also, invest in Axii, you'll be surprised how many fights you can avoid with this power. And poke your nose in people business at every chance. It's easy to miss out on some good moments of the game by neglecting peoples request or choosing to use violence to resolve things.

Missions only give you XP if you are within 5 levels of the recommended level. Once the level suggested turns grey, you only get 5xp or none at all.

Had to learn a lot of this the hard way, but hopefully it'll make your game go smoother.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What would yall rate this game? I'm thinking about getting it, cuz i need another game too really get into
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9.3/10. Controls can be a bit clunky, the world map isnt that good and load times are long. Other than that, everything else is literally GOAT
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9.3/10. Controls can be a bit clunky, the world map isnt that good and load times are long. Other than that, everything else is literally GOAT

What about the combat, how's that?

• dallas' 4 eva
    Options

What about the combat, how's that?

On the higher difficulty levels the combat is great IMO. Alchemy helps a lot as well. I like the open world map myself, but I agree with the controls, especially the underwater portions, they can be frustrating at times.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man they took the pearl farming off. That ? sucks lmao
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    DLC came out yesterday.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    The next DLC comes out on the 31st.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They still dropping DLC for this joint Jesus, these ? know how to develop and support games.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This blood and wine DLC is the ? .
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This blood and sand DLC is the ? .
    LOL Spartacus fan I see?

Anyway, this ? fun as hell, looks like a brand new game. They retouched damn near everything and the graphics look a little better. The size of this D.L.C is damn near twice the size of the witcher 2. I heard they was gonna add free updates to blood & wine too, ? damn!! I really wish other developers would follow suit.

• dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    After playing this DLC it kind of ? me off I paid for the Fallout 4 Far Harbor add on, that ? was big but it aint got nothing on this bruh.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    @kzzl bruh this DLC is the truth. It's literally the size of a whole new game bruh. I highly recommend this.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
  • kzzl
    Options
    @kzzl bruh this DLC is the truth. It's literally the size of a whole new game bruh. I highly recommend this.

Thanks, bruh. I already knew and copped it yesterday.

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Might be the last of The Witcher for a min

https://youtu.be/wqwTIqfI0EI
  • kzzl
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This was suppose to be the end of Geralts story since it was announced. Plus, the books is based on are only a trilogy. Game does a good job of sending that message as well.

There is at least one person they could definitely do a spin off with. Also Blood And Wine introduces vampires and their society seems like something they could also explore later. But definitely no more Geralt.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I'm rebuying this and actually going to beat it