If Jameis Winston Pulls This Off, He Will Be the Greatest College Football Player of All Time

Options

Comments

• newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Keep in my mind...of the curent list of COLLEGE goats, the short list has names like Tommy Frazier, Colt Mccoy, Vince Young, Tebow, Leinart

None of them nggas legacies are untouchable and none would have done quite what Jameis would have done

My guy.Never will Matthew Stephen Leinart be forgotten..

f30lz.gif

carry on.

Matt has 2 chips and a Heisman. Comeback wins. Not undefeated. I'm sure there are others who are comparable. But Jamis is working with far less than what Matt had.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the team saw no real drop off with him out
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    the team saw no real drop off with him out

Are you talking about Jameis being suspended for the Clemson game?
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    As much as I don't think it will happen (cause Oregon goin run 60 on them FSU dudes), IF he can knock off both the Ducks AND the Tide....? .

That dude will be officially Black Jesus.

i know its your opinion but who the ? think oregon gone beat fsu? the pac 12 is all offense and no defense. man i can tell youve never watched college football a day in your life.

• ineedpussy
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    To me, he gotta beat Bama to be the GOAT. Every one thinks Bama the GOATS & thats where Jameis' from. If Jameis can pull that off, he da ? GOAT.

I thought Jameis was from Tennessee

Bessemer, Alabama...

Same place Bo Jackson is from...

and gucci

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    As much as I don't think it will happen (cause Oregon goin run 60 on them FSU dudes), IF he can knock off both the Ducks AND the Tide....? .

i know its your opinion but who the ? think oregon gone beat fsu? the pac 12 is all offense and no defense. man i can tell youve never watched college football a day in your life.

Idk what u thinkin, Oregon is actually a bigger Vegas favorite than Bama vs OSU
  • ineedpussy
    Options

Well vegas don't know ? either. They just going off of points not real game ?
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate FSU as a Canes and UCF fan, but i hope he pulls it off.

1. It would end that Tim Tebow is goat college player nonsense because he gets credit for Chris Leak's national championship.2. It would ? off white America.

People never want to hear the bold though no matter how true that ? is.

For the record Winston could never be the GOAT because he isn't even the GOAT of FSU QB's that goes to the one and only Charlie Ward!!!!

You forgetting Chris Weinke also.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    ? jameis winston took over a team that already had talent. Aurburn wasnt even ranked when that season started. ? said dyer. Let me c that ? stats when newton wasnt the focus of a defense. That ? decent but come on. Newton went from not heard of after gettin kicked out at florida to a championship team with scrubs. A heisman while playing in that hardest conference in football. And the #1 overall pick in the draft

Man i miss them 'talking sports out your ass' commercials LOl Bc of that Ken Dorsey ? now everybody 'had all that talent around them'

Its a major program in a major conference...of course it had talent! Just like...pretty much any QB in a major school has talent.

But it was nowhere near 'The U' '03 talent aka 'put anybody in there they'll win' talent. And seeing Nick Marhsall ? in that same Auburn system destroys your argument anyway

As far as the talent on last year's squad:

1) 11 players were drafted from the previous year and many more graduated. It was a VERY young team
    2) Last year's FSU that team was supposed to be 1, maybe even 2 years away if you follow recruiting and prospects.
    3) Benjamin the only 1st rnd pick from that squad. Joyner went 2nd round, Jernigan 2nd rnd...Davonte Freemna was a 4th round pick...couple late round picks from the defense...Wilder undrafted...Kenny Shaw, undrafted...Christian Green undrafted...

Thats pretty tame for a national champion team.

Their best NFL prospects are/would be juniors THIS year. So he led a team full of freshman and sophmore starters to a title.

James Wilder Jr. basically didn't even play the last 1/4 of the season. Karlos Williams gradually took that all that ? 's carries after moving over from Safety. Wilder played himself anyways he thought Freeman was coming back so he turned pro real early 'cause he knew there'd be no carries leftover with Freeman/Williams still there but then Freeman ended up going pro obviously.

Also you're forgetting Bryan Stork who was the key to our O-Line and was drafted in the 3rd Round by the Patriots and has started every game for them this year and Lonnie Pryor who wasn't drafted but was a beastly Fullback. Our protection/running game has obviously suffered without them.
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    ? jameis winston took over a team that already had talent. Aurburn wasnt even ranked when that season started. ? said dyer. Let me c that ? stats when newton wasnt the focus of a defense. That ? decent but come on. Newton went from not heard of after gettin kicked out at florida to a championship team with scrubs. A heisman while playing in that hardest conference in football. And the #1 overall pick in the draft

Man i miss them 'talking sports out your ass' commercials LOl Bc of that Ken Dorsey ? now everybody 'had all that talent around them'

Its a major program in a major conference...of course it had talent! Just like...pretty much any QB in a major school has talent.

But it was nowhere near 'The U' '03 talent aka 'put anybody in there they'll win' talent. And seeing Nick Marhsall ? in that same Auburn system destroys your argument anyway

As far as the talent on last year's squad:

1) 11 players were drafted from the previous year and many more graduated. It was a VERY young team
    2) Last year's FSU that team was supposed to be 1, maybe even 2 years away if you follow recruiting and prospects.
    3) Benjamin the only 1st rnd pick from that squad. Joyner went 2nd round, Jernigan 2nd rnd...Davonte Freemna was a 4th round pick...couple late round picks from the defense...Wilder undrafted...Kenny Shaw, undrafted...Christian Green undrafted...

Thats pretty tame for a national champion team.

Their best NFL prospects are/would be juniors THIS year. So he led a team full of freshman and sophmore starters to a title.

James Wilder Jr. basically didn't even play the last 1/4 of the season. Karlos Williams gradually took that all that ? 's carries after moving over from Safety. Wilder played himself anyways he thought Freeman was coming back so he turned pro real early 'cause he knew there'd be no carries leftover with Freeman/Williams still there but then Freeman ended up going pro obviously.

Also you're forgetting Bryan Stork who was the key to our O-Line and was drafted in the 3rd Round by the Patriots and has started every game for them this year and Lonnie Pryor who wasn't drafted but was a beastly Fullback. Our protection/running game has obviously suffered without them.

I hear you, but basically what im saying is we had typical talent for an elite program. DEFINITELY nothing where you can say 'it was the talent, not the qb' type bullshyt argument.

As i noted , we had 11 players drafted the year before, including the first QB overall taken. (Manuel). Before that Ponder had talent. I mean we're fuking Floida St, almost every QB here since the 90's has played with a half dozen to a dozen NFL players, yet no one has done anything close to what Jameis did. Same for any QB at USC, UF, etc

It was a ? comment. A novice type comment...and i also saw how peole said 'Leinart had all that talent around him', i just ignored that. Nggas dont know any better. That type of argument rarely has a place in college. EVERYBODY at a major level had talent. QB still gotta throw the ball
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate FSU as a Canes and UCF fan, but i hope he pulls it off.

1. It would end that Tim Tebow is goat college player nonsense because he gets credit for Chris Leak's national championship.2. It would ? off white America.

People never want to hear the bold though no matter how true that ? is.

For the record Winston could never be the GOAT because he isn't even the GOAT of FSU QB's that goes to the one and only Charlie Ward!!!!

You forgetting Chris Weinke also.

I ? with Weinke but I'm still ? bout the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma. Snoop Minnis got ruled ineligible before the game and all of a sudden Weinke couldn't move the ball...AT ALL. Snoop was nasty that year but I still expected a lot more from a Heisman winner. ? completely wasted a great defensive effort.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

did you not see what Oregon did to Mich St defense? Dont talk about the Zona loss because they were down 3 starter on the o line among other injuries.

Auburn in the NC had them dudes gasses to hell, Oregon is a faster pace offense
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest College player of all-time, any sport?

iKNWlDiHpaThi.gif

Lew Alcindor would like a word with you, Bruh
  • S2J
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    Greatest College player of all-time, any sport?

iKNWlDiHpaThi.gif

Lew Alcindor would like a word with you, Bruh

Any sport? What you tlakin bout bruh the title says college football

Ok, i edited. lol
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Im jus sayin man, i got a feelin. If these games end up epicly, its gon be tied to somebody's legend: If its Bama, Amari Cooper, if its Oregon, Mariotta, if its OSU lol My goodness Urban Meyer would immediately be top 5 college coach all time...and if its FSU, back to back, 29-0, etc....ijs
  • ineedpussy
    Options

did you not see what Oregon did to Mich St defense? Dont talk about the Zona loss because they were down 3 starter on the o line among other injuries.

but did oregon win the nc though? no. and why is that? because they offense cant play against anybody with a decent defense and thats why the sec damn near wins it every year. and you really gone throw a big ten school up there? ? . you dont know ? about football. just shut up while youre ahead. you soundin stupid as ?

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oregon vs FSU Bama is the best possible matchup.

Fixed.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but did oregon win the nc though? no. and why is that? because they offense cant play against anybody with a decent defense and thats why the sec damn near wins it every year. and you really gone throw a big ten school up there? ? . you dont know ? about football. just shut up while youre ahead. you soundin stupid as ?

You do know Auburn played FSU in the NC last year right?
  • ineedpussy
    Options

You do know Auburn played FSU in the NC last year right?

just read the bolded pleighboi

• S2J
    Options

Arguments can be made either way, but it damn sure aint 'stupid' to think that OU's style can win.

Im a FSU fan for life and i can admit Oregon has the capability to blow out not only FSU but also Bama. Doubt it happens, but it could go either way.

We've actually not seen Oregon against SEC defenses or "real" defenses (if you dont wan acount MSU which is weird, but ok.) since Auburn, and that was w/ Darron Thomas at QB. Mariotta>>>>>Thomas.

Also, you sound stupid if you dont think that style will work against more talent when that very style is actually working---against more talent--- in the NFL.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    huh bruh? the big 10 as a conference is weak. doo doo grits. and mariotta aint gone be running around like he do in the pac 12. everytime a pac 12 team plays and good comp from out our way its over. but again oregon lost the nc and people were talking about they was gone drop like sixty and such and such and look what happened. didnt even score twenty but they was throwing up big number all season long. it just proves that they dont have no defense in the pac 12
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    Options
    huh bruh? the big 10 as a conference is weak. doo doo grits. and mariotta aint gone be running around like he do in the pac 12. everytime a pac 12 team plays and good comp from out our way its over. but again oregon lost the nc and people were talking about they was gone drop like sixty and such and such and look what happened. didnt even score twenty but they was throwing up big number all season long. it just proves that they dont have no defense in the pac 12

But FSU aint got no offense lol Relatively speaking. We struggle to score.

And like people mentioned, Auburn' s offense, basically the same Oregon runs MINUS the pasing, had us gassed last year.

Mariotta>>>>>Marhsall

Also Oregon's RB, forget his name, is like a faster Lagarette Blount. They moved their smaller RB Marshall to WR. If they needed/wanted they could just run all game w/out Mariotta. Trey Msson hurt us, and we couldnt stop Ga Tech at all last week.

I say all that to say this...Oregon is a differnt beast this year and we gon have to come w/our A game. I'd rather play Bama than Oregon. The winner of this game will be national champ.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    you think? naw i have to disagree. ill never be sold on a pac 12 team. plus they playing the nc from last year who beat auburn an sec school. ijs. i dont think oregon is all that ? up to be. but like i said if it aint sec football or a florida school then they just weak
  • S2J
    Options
    you think? naw i have to disagree. ill never be sold on a pac 12 team. plus they playing the nc from last year who beat auburn an sec school. ijs. i dont think oregon is all that ? up to be. but like i said if it aint sec football or a florida school then they just weak

We'll see. Certain offenses definitely would give them trouble, but i dont see FSU or Bama (specifically Blake Sims) bein it