Say What You Will About the Koch Bros., Put Those Muthafuckas Have a Plan

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6niWzomA_So

In order to fully appreciate and understand what I'm going to talk about you're going have watch 23:04-25:17 of the clip. In Ethics class a couple of weeks back my professor threw on this documentary about wealth disparity in America, with a particular focus on 740 Park Avenue. 740 Park Avenue is home to more billionaires than any other billionaires in America. I guess you can say that the Jews who control the world live here. :lol:

Despite my own personal feelings about this documentary being a leftist communist worker's paradise propaganda hatchet piece against the 1%, I found the segment on the Koch Bros. to be very telling, profound, and I dare say inspirational.

I've always said that African American need to participate more in the process, namely we need to support (either by working in their campaigns or more importantly fundraising and donating to their campaigns,) politicians who support our causes and will forward our agendas. Then the light went off as I watching the documentary.

It isn't enough to support candidates for political office and it isn't enough to practice group economics, we have to influence policy and work towards policy change. Just like the Koch Bros. we need to found some think tanks and via these think tanks we need to sit and discuss the best and most viable ways to solving our problems. Once we've figured out a way to solve our problems, then we need to throw some money at politicians to have these ideas turned into laws.

Also (as the Koch Bros. are doing,) we need to fund educational institutions from primary schools all the way to the collegiate level. On the academic level, we would control narrative as it pertains to racism and white supremacy. We have a curriculum put into place showing the history of racism and white supremacy and white the system is wrong and why it needs to be replaced with a system of justice. We could start by putting money into HBCUs then branching out into white institutions and eventually working our way to influencing the curriculum at the Ivies.

Contrary to the prevailing wisdom on this site, in order to bring policy change to fruition, we're going to have to stress the importance of education to our children. We need people who have MBA's, master degrees in economics, finance, and marketing, in addition to having cats in place on the collegiate level to forward the agenda.

Also, we need a complete and total paradigm shift in the community in regards to how we view money. People (especially black people,) suffer from an embarrassment of riches. Too many of us are comfortable with jobs that will have your earning nothing more than a median salary. People are striving for mediocrity and achieving it. We need to stress to kids that African Americans are treated very poorly in America and in order for this poor treatment to end, we need to have the money to influence policy change. In order to influence policy change, you need money and lots of of it. We have to tell our kids that they have a moral imperative to try and become multimillionaires and multibillionaires so that we can have the money to implement the policy change that's needed to not only improve our lives here in America, but throughout the world.