Cleveland Pig Union Demands Apology..Update: Hawkins Refuses to Apologize for ‘Call for Justice’...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    why do these pigs take "justice for (blank)" as a attack on the whole force?

when did these pigs think they could dictate to the NFL ?

how can cops be anti-snitching and support ? cops ?

The police nor the prosecuetors office will ever have an answer for this. Nobody besides the public seems to have a problem with the so called "blue wall of silence"
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its amazing how all these officers have no ? given about supporting blatantly wrong officers
    like every single cop on the force is a hero and never prone to incompetence
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_police_union_preside_1.html
    The Browns in a statement said they respect Cleveland police and their players right to support certain causes.

"We have great respect for the Cleveland Police Department and the work that they do to protect and serve our city," the statement says. "We also respect our players' rights to project their support and bring awareness to issues that are important to them if done so in a responsible manner."

Rice, 12, was fatally shot on Nov. 22 by rookie Cleveland police officer Timothy Loehmann less than two seconds after he arrived to investigate a complaint about Tamir carrying what turned out to be a fake gun.

Crawford, 22, was fatally shot by police on Aug. 5 while holding a toy rifle inside a Walmart in Beavercreek, outside Dayton.

Follmer said many Cleveland police officers work security for the Browns games and are employed by Browns.

"He should stick to playing football and let us worry about law enforcement," Follmer said. "The players don't know what our job entails. Don't judge us by what you're reading in the media."

So I guess that idiot is ignoring the tape that we all can see? Don't need to look at the media to know what happened.The media is on the cop's side anyway.Is there a link where I can respond directly to these comments?I ant to speak some logic to this pig,even if he does not listen.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What would be great if these players in their interviews about wearing the shirts just came out and said
    " I'm not apologizing for ? this is how I feel and changes must be made"
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    Where is Cleveland's biggest celebrity to take the lead in providing a stronger spotlight about what's going on in his city? You offer support for what's going on in other towns, but not a word when it's your neighborhood? Athletes disappoint, man...
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Police are just mad that they are not controlling the rhetoric and athletes have a degree of public influence.

No need for apologize for doing what you mean to do.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...Or Else What???
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad he spoke on it, but he said some problematic things.
    why is being an activist a negative thing?
    why should any American be afraid to speak out against the killing of children?
    why is it taboo to say "bad cop"?
    this ? is surreal.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mediaite.com/online/cleveland-browns-hawkins-refuses-to-apologize-for-call-for-justice/
    Cleveland Browns’ Hawkins Refuses to Apologize for ‘Call for Justice’

After Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins wore a shirt that read “Justice for Tamir Brown and John Crawford” during Sunday’s warmup, the local police union president called his actions “pathetic” and demanded an apology. Today, Hawkins told reporters why he wore the shirt on the field and explained why he doesn’t believe he owes an apology to anyone.

“I was taught that justice is a right that, you know, every American should have,” Hawkins said in the Browns locker room. “And also, that justice should be the goal of every American and I think that’s what makes this country special.”

“A call for justice shouldn’t offend or disrespect anybody,” he continued. “A call for justice shouldn’t warrant an apology.”

Hawkins said he “utterly respects and appreciates” police officers who work for safety of all Americans, but he said he also recognizes that are “not so good” police officers out there. “My wearing the t-shirt wasn’t a stance against every police officer or every police department,” he said. “My wearing the t-shirt was a stance against wrong individuals doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons to innocent people.”

“If I was to run away from the thing in my soul that I thought was the right thing to do, that would make me a coward, and I couldn’t live with that,” Hawkins added. He said that when he saw the news about 12-year-old Tamir Rice being shot and killed, he thought about the same thing happening to his two-year-old son and it “scared the hell” out of him. That was the “number one reason” he chose to make his views known by wearing the t-shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fypDynZpqMk

Hawkins is real ? for this...

That white lady was about to ? . She almost put a fist up LOL
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The behavior of some of these cops is so brazen and unapologetic that it's damn near comical. It's like they truly have convinced themselves that they aren't doing or saying anything wrong. These muffugguhs really have a deep seated hate for the melanated kings. ? 'em.

foot-on-neck.jpg
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to hawkins
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to the cleveland browns too.....told the cleveland pd they will not issue an apology. #goat
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    this ? is surreal.

-"American society" is going through it's transition into a police state and this is part of it.
    -That's why public perception of "activist" and "protestor" is being allowed made to be negative.***
    -America became able to have its moral authority position over the world because of activist and protests that led to so called equal rights and created the illusion of freedom for all. However, there was always resistance against that achieved so called freedom....

*****allowed made to be negative = u don't see media and politicians in mass pushing the rhetoric of "protests are in the spirit of American culture"....because it would be interpreted as antipolice. The government is pro-police. It's deep.

The illusion of the land of the free is dying and either these are the death throes or the spark of revolution. We (blacks) never was Americans. We've just been here.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is surreal.

He never said it was a negative thing, he just stated he's not an activist.
    Being an activist is a whole nother world.
    At the end of the day, its good to see a black man, take a stand in the media, and not bend over like a ? .
    Either or stop the nit picking.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Pig Union Rep is about to appear MSNBC...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    this ? is surreal.

At the end of the day, its good to see a black man, take a stand in the media, and not bend over like a ? .

Listen.
    The bar is set so low that soft shoe stances are seen as profound.
    I liked what he said, but there is a problem when he has to walk on egg shells about his stance.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean the absolute nerve of the ? pig union to demand an apology and say his shirt was disrespectful and a disgrace. Props to this man for keeping his composure and being civil and real. I would have been fined for going on an ignorant rant about the Cleveland police union.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is surreal.

Listen.
    I liked what he said, but there is a problem when he has to walk on egg shells about his stance.

What egg shells???
    I saw an articulate man, who covered all the basis.
    That way, the media won't dilute his message with ? propaganda.
    I saw, a LONE man make a statement, and stood a thousand percent behind it.
    He didn't back down.he articulated his stance with his chest out, and kept it pushing.
    What more do u want?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    this ? is surreal.

Listen.

What egg shells???
    I saw an articulate man, who covered all the basis.
    That way, the media won't dilute his message with ? propaganda.
    I saw, a LONE man make a statement, and stood a thousand percent behind it.
    He didn't back down.he articulated his stance with his chest out, and kept it pushing.
    What more do u want?

I already addressed it.