Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is it still down ? I bought infamous 3 yesterday want to download the updates and ? before I play it
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    YAAAAAAS#SSSSSS
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    RUMOR: Sony To Offer Free Games and Services for PSN Outage

Sony will be offering two free games from an unspecified list for Playstation 4, Playstation 3 or Playstation Vita titles to PlayStation Network members as part of its apology for the Playstation Network Outage over the Christmas Period.

most likely some ? games but that is the least they could do
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look like PSN is back up
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sony will be offering two free games from an unspecified list for Playstation 4, Playstation 3 or Playstation Vita titles to PlayStation Network members as part of its apology for the Playstation Network Outage over the Christmas Period.

Not surprising. Did the same thing when they got hacked a few years ago. That whole "Welcome Back" pack. Free games and movie rentals and 3 months of PS+.
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Look like PSN is back up

Yeah my ps app on my phone just sent me some notification
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    watch 1of the free games be Infamous 3 after I just bought it yesterday
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    watch 1of the free games be Infamous 3 after I just bought it yesterday

I hope it's not wack Killzone either. I'd take a $20-50 PSN card instead, but in the end, we can't complain because it will be a free giveaway.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wouldn't put it past sony if this is the regular 2 free games they give every month for ps plus members.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Wouldn't put it past sony if this is the regular 2 free games they give every month for ps plus members.

nah they already announced the games for next month
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this stupid ? ass ps4 my ? still not working

I know i cant be the only one

I just got Far Cry 4 & some other ? but I swear ill im about ready to trade this ? wit all the games for a xbox one minus the games.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol my ? been up for 2 days

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just found a user made solution and it worked.

? sony for not being able to fix it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn psn still ? up? Smh
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    that's why I stick to my n64 get 3bof my homies and its a wrap goldeneye, diddy kong racing, Mario kart and smash bros all day no hackers cutting my ?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is some ? ,it was back up early in the afternoon.I got one game of 2K in before I had to go to work,all day

at work I'm thinking about what squads I'm gonna use and ? come home and it's back down. SMH
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my PSN was good the whole day until two hours before when it shut down again. smh

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Im good I been signed in
  • Bcotton5
    Options

any word on this?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't sign in with my Vita....
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

any word on this?

nah they just extended the holiday sale. doubt they gonna give away some free games this time.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FBI confirms: Lizard Squad under investigation for PSN, Xbox Live attacks

You’ve done it now, Lizard Squad. We can confirm that you’re under investigation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has started investigating Lizard Squad, the online group that took credit for knocking PlayStation Network and Xbox Live offline. On Christmas, Lizard Squad allegedly assaulted Sony’s and Microsoft’s servers with a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack, which overwhelms a target with junk data that most servers can’t handle. The result was that PlayStation and Xbox owners couldn’t play many games or use online services for extended periods of time — potentially costing the companies millions of dollars in lost transactions and damages.

“The FBI is investigating the matter,” a spokesperson for the bureau told GamesBeat. “Given the pending nature of the case, we cannot comment further.”

DDoS attacks are illegal if they cause a certain amount of damage. With Sony and Microsoft unable to sell digital games through their online stores during their outages, Lizard Squad’s actions would qualify for a criminal case. That does not even take into account the repairs and maintenance Sony and Microsoft may have needed to get their Web services back up online.

Lizard Squad is at least pretending not to care about an FBI investigation. Rumors of the feds’ involvement had popped up previously, and the group responded with following tweet:

The Internet vandals have used the publicity it is getting for the PSN and Xbox Live hacks to launch a DDoS-for-hire service where you can pay the group $6 to attack the site of your choice. That is not the only way Lizard Squad has profited from its activities. On Friday, Kim Dotcom, the owner of popular for-transfer site Mega, gave Lizard Squad 3,000 lifetime passes to Mega. The group is reportedly selling those certificates for $30 each.