Addiction and Depression

Options
dallas' 4 eva
dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't think this is talked about enough here in the G & S, everyone knows someone who is depressed, everyone knows someone who may turn to something to cope with the pain.

I am a ? .

I drink every single day of my life to cope with the pain of what has happened to me in my life. From my failed relationships(or I should say attempts at them), to all the failures I suffered trying to find a career, being homeless, battling cancer, being on paper, all the people I have lost(I just recently had a friend die, and another friend who now has brain damage and is facing a manslaughter charge). If I don't drink I more than likely would never be able to sleep because I can't take my mind off of the pain.

My depression and addiction is literally causing me physical pain at this point in my life if I don't drink something, anything to get through the day. I am literally up and down in weight all the time because of the stress. I literally lost 40 pounds in about two months last year because of stress and depression. I have no balance in my life, because there is a void in my life that I have been trying to fill that I just can't seem to fill no matter what I do.

I just thought I would share my story.

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    40 pounds man that's awesome. Keep it up.

Also, use these stories to relate to sexy girls with eating disorders so you can ? then.
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing like shotting a load in a chicks face to clear depression right up! Im eating cheerios before I know it B
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hasnt had a job in over a year...house was robbed before i got fired,...kicked out at 16..sold drugs...lost close people...slept on a friends couch for over a year>>>>

Still dont do drugs/drink

I think people are too weak/emotional(especially females) that use alchohol to make them feel good
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im worried about ? and money too much i make myself tired. Everyday and all day i plan how to get more of it as if im close to collecting it all, but there is so much more life to expierience. More pleasure and more pain is coming so do what thou will.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never had an addiction or been in a reall depression but my dad went through that stuff. He had to hit bottom before he started to change, his bottom was being homeless, which he was for a year (I didn't know it at the time) and ultimately e fought through all that and his mental illness (hes a schizophrenic) and he does much better.

He doesn't do any drugs (except the meds for his condition) and he doesn't drink anymore.

So you can do it. You are also right that we don't discuss REAL issues like this often enough, it's a major problem in the black community too.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta replace your negative coping mechanisms with positive ones. Lift weights, run, meditate. Or whatever you discover works for you, those are the tools I used to overcome mental health and addiction struggles. You gotta learn how to effectively fight that ? . Hard at first but once you get positive momentum going it get's easier.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regret and guilt heavy burdens too. You have to be able to forgive yourself of ? you did or didn't end up doing. And sometimes the mind just likes to make us suffer and punish us, if you listen closely sometimes you can hear it laughing about it. The more you run from your mind the more it will haunt you and get you in other more physical ways. Watch your mind, like a hawk.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel you bruh, im up and down in weight too. But I quit drinking, smoking, and doing tabs. My last relationship ? me up (she's on the backstreets).
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody want me to fail doggie

I just want revenge cant be no fuckn wyno drink 4 lokos
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props for the thread.
    Even though you're a cowboys fan, I feel where you're coming from.
    Hope you find some peace chief
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn keep your head up man, life can get better. And if it doesn't, strive any way you can. I remember being rock bottom at one point in my life due to some stupid issues and I almost offed myself. That was 7 years ago and now life is as good as it's ever been for me. Not saying this is easily accomplished, but if you're lucky you're surrounding yourself with positive people, as often as you can. No matter what happens in your life, think of the positives in your life and build on that. Good luck bro

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Everybody want me to fail doggie

I just want revenge cant be no fuckn wyno drink 4 lokos

LOL.....
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ip man wrote: »
    This This man is asking for help and some of yall ? clowning like the ? is funny or trying to put yourself above him to make yourself feel more secure about yourself, well guess what? Anybody can be in those shoes. Try to help a brother for a ? change instead of trying to hold him down. T/S, keep your head up man, there's a season for everything and your season will change, for the better, don't lose hope.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find activities that u enjoy and do them and talk to someone
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like Beezy, Cain and a few others said please get help if you can and try to take it one day at a time. Depressioon and dependency on substances such as drug/alcoholism is very real and crippling. Nothing to be ashamed of despite those that think other wise. It's a big step just to even talk about it. I know there are a few on the boards that have talked about it in a grown and positive manner, you are not alone. I wish you all the best.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack me if u want these negative posts ? me off
    Y'all can't uplift someone??
    Sad ? man
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Thank y'all for the support. I'm heading to the prayer vigil for my friends in a minute, just been in my feelings more than usual all week.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If dude really wanted help hed get it, not post on a forum that cant do ? 4 me.

If he can post here he can tell family or friends the same ? . They can actually help him

Im sorry ur going through hard times but if u aint really trying to find help go ? urself
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    If dude really wanted help hed get it, not post on a forum that cant do ? 4 me.

If he can post here he can tell family or friends the same ? . They can actually help him

Im sorry ur going through hard times but if u aint really trying to find help go ? urself

I did tell all my friends this week actually, but thank you for the support.