Comments

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    BoldChild wrote: »
    If I one day realize I'm actually an orangutan trapped in a human's body and decide to start swinging from trees, would people tell me that's okay?

An orangutan is not a human.

False equivalence

A woman is not a man. That's the point.

But they are human, and the biology of humans sometimes gets muddled, so it's not unreasonable to say that someone was born with the "wiring" of the opposite sex based on other human biological complications that we know of.

It would be unreasonable to say the same about us and orangutans since we are far too different biologically.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I one day realize I'm actually an orangutan trapped in a human's body and decide to start swinging from trees, would people tell me that's okay?

False equivalence

But they are human, and the biology of humans sometimes gets muddled, so it's not unreasonable to say that someone was born with the "wiring" of the opposite sex based on other human biological complications that we know of.

It would be unreasonable to say the same about us and orangutans since we are far too different biologically.

Now when you say "wiring", you're talking mental right?
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Committed suicide but the mom is saying she was out for a walk and a truck hit her. :|

Trying to get that insurance money...
  • BoldChild
    edited January 2015
    Options

False equivalence

Whatever brain function that deals with that ? .(sexual orientation, etc) I'm not interested in the subject of transgender people, so I've never done any research on it, but I do know they have to go through extensive psych evaluation before they can change their gender or whatever

So if that's the "treatment" some of the earlier posters are referring to, they're getting it.

If thousands of people say they've always been that way, knowing what I(we) know about the biology of humans, I take their word for it, not point at them saying something is wrong with them.
  • Stiff
    Options

False equivalence

Whatever brain function that deals with that ? .(sexual orientation, etc) I'm not interested in the subject of transgender people, so I've never done any research on it, but I do know they have to go through extensive psych evaluation before they can change their gender or whatever

So if that's the "treatment" some of the earlier posters are referring too, they're getting it.

If thousands of people say they've always been that way, know what I(we) know about the biology of humans, I take their word for it, not point at them saying something is wrong with them.

I'm saying though, wouldn't learning to accept who and what you were born as be the better treatment? It's impossible to ACTUALLY change your gender..even with those operations.

• BoldChild
    Options

False equivalence

So if that's the "treatment" some of the earlier posters are referring too, they're getting it.

If thousands of people say they've always been that way, know what I(we) know about the biology of humans, I take their word for it, not point at them saying something is wrong with them.

I'm saying though, wouldn't learning to accept who and what you were born as be the better treatment? It's impossible to ACTUALLY change your gender..even with those operations.

Nah, because to them that would be nearly as traumatizing as forcing a hetero man to suddenly live as a woman, plus they're not harming anyone by choosing to live as another gender, so I don't think it would be better.

The one thing I disagree with is those that feel they shouldn't have to disclose their status when participating in romantic relations.
  • Stiff
    Options

False equivalence

Nah, because to them that would be nearly as traumatizing as forcing a hetero man to suddenly live as a woman, plus they're not harming anyone by choosing to live as another gender, so I don't think it would be better.

The one thing I disagree with is those that feel they shouldn't have to disclose their status when participating in romantic relations.

Yea you know what, you might be right. Definitely cosign the bolded.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    How long is it gonna take until society leaves ? people alone?[/b]

How long is it going to for ? to understand that everybody isn't down with nor do they condone deviant sexual behavior that could lead to pederasty or ? ?
    How long did it take before society left Black people alone?

If white people

16740548_974901.jpg

garner.jpg?w=640&h=360

left black alone, then

EmGcA47NmYNYUJJOT4MLMvQXF-g-AVaEsDSBfxulv3qLYufoECZGg6TVTlr8ArYN65opx1qgE0VBQ13OauXMs9fgvyKzRIgtxpi_DHJsz6maKLHRIwSHMPw9PM_ziw=w426-h284

beliefnet-mattew-currie-astrology-eric-garner.jpg

would still be alive.

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Sad ? .

What's sad about a man ? teen killing itself?

she He was only 17.

He.....not she.

Just because someone isn't satisfied with their current gender.....it doesn't make them the gender they want to be.

I wish people would stop entertaining that foolishness because it actually makes them think that ? is normal.
  • deadeye
    edited January 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Sad ? .

What's sad about a man ? teen killing itself?

A life is a life bruh .
    If he wasnt making the lives of others miserable , i don't see why his life lacks value, cause he chose to live it different.

That's the irony of the whole situation.

He actually didn't "choose to live his life" at all.

He chose to live a certain lifestyle, but wasn't strong enough to deal with the repercussions that come with living that lifestyle.

If he wanted to make a statement, he would've done better by living his life the way he wanted to despite what anyone else thought about it.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    How long did it take before society left Black people alone?

If white people

left black alone, then

would still be alive.

That was a rhetorical question.
  • deadeye
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't understand transgender either. He felt he was a female trapped in a male body. If he liked men isn't that mean ? ? But if he was attracted to females but felt like a female he's a lesbian? Or straight?

That's what I mean, he felt like a girl, but if he liked girls that would make him a lesbian in a male body. But if he liked men then he'd be a straight female. ? mind boggling*.

vhjHB.gif

As confusing as it seems, those posts actually put the transgender phenomenon in perspective.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

I remember someone made a thread on here a year or two back about dudes who felt like they were transgender...who didn't wanna cut off their ? ....but still felt like they were women....and didn't understand why women had a problem with them using the women's locker room at the gym.

926.gif

Hilarious.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »
    It's bad enough knowing that your offspring and name sake is out 'chere sucking off men, wackin' off to ? ? tapes, is getting his ? blasted then taking nut to the face.

This ? is violent and graphic b.
    It sounds like you've thought this through and really sit and contemplate on what they do in their spare time as if you've got nothing better to do with yours

I would dare say that those deviant ? do the same thing that we do, except they do it with dudes.

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Mental illness is ? .....

That's all it is man.Being ? /? ain't normal and people need to stop treating it like it is.

Even if people decide to deem it a "mental illness" ( which it isn't) you can't cure mental illnesses so you'll have to deal with them either way.

Which is no biggy since they're typically not doing anything to bother you

They are no more "sick" than people with Synesthesia.

I did not say they were bothering me,just stating facts by nature.It is a mental illness.A man thinking he is a woman is mental.If he thought he was a dolphin would you say that's normal?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

It's ok you can be an orangutan.It's 2015 and I am a werewolf
  • BoldChild
    Options

That's all it is man.Being ? /? ain't normal and people need to stop treating it like it is.

Even if people decide to deem it a "mental illness" ( which it isn't) you can't cure mental illnesses so you'll have to deal with them either way.

I did not say they were bothering me,just stating facts by nature.It is a mental illness.A man thinking he is a woman is mental.If he thought he was a dolphin would you say that's normal?

It's irrelevant whether someone thinks it's "normal" or not, they can't do anything about it so people may as well move on with their gripes.

And again, dolphins ain't human.

A human who believes they're the opposite sex and a human who believes they are a totally different species are not equal comparisons.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Dolphins are mammals and so are humans bruh.Notice you did not say what you would say if I thought I was a dolphin.That is the point about what's normal.If a griwn person thought they were a baby or acts like a child does that make it normal since both are human?Men and woman have biological and mental differences.
  • BoldChild
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dolphins are mammals and so are humans bruh.Notice you did not say what you would say if I thought I was a dolphin.

As long as they're not harming me or anyone else, nor does it involve me, my response to someone's sexual orientation/gender identity and someone thinking they are an animal would be the same.

"Two for my list of ? , I don't give a ? about."

That is the point about what's normal.If a griwn person thought they were a baby or acts like a child does that make it normal since both are human?Men and woman have biological and mental differences.

What one finds normal or not normal greatly depends on their cultural and religious background. In America homosexuality and things related to it is viewed as something not normal, in other cultures it's considered to be a normal/natural thing.

Which is why I've been saying whether it's considered normal or not is irrelevant, as long as their not causing harm to others, it shouldn't matter.

Something being normal or not normal is not always the determiner of whether it's a good or bad thing. It's pretty normal for Humans to get angry enough over trivial things to the point where they want to harm someone, but does that make it okay? No. It's not normal for 12 year olds to boast 180+ IQ's, but does that make it bad thing? No.

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel for the truck driver that was doing his route and had to catch a body for no reason.
    This
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mm? Maximus rex youre an idiot.

Being trans does not mean that you are ? .

Gender identification and sexual identity are mutually exclusive.

For example:

A male to female trans can be considered a lesbian, if they only date women because they identify as a female and are sexually attracted to women.

Another example:

A female to male trans can be considered a homosexual, if they only date men because they identify as a man and are sexually attracted to men.

Trans are not to be feared. Gender idenity is very confusing for those who do not understand nor want to understand.

Plus, most Transgender people have a sex change/hormonal therapy by their 18-30th birthday.

Stop the discrimination.
  • deadeye
    edited January 2015
    Options

It's irrelevant whether someone thinks it's "normal" or not, they can't do anything about it so people may as well move on with their gripes.

And again, dolphins ain't human.

A human who believes they're the opposite sex and a human who believes they are a totally different species are not equal comparisons.

@BoldChild‌

You're over-analyzing.

It really isn't about whether or not dolphins are humans.

It's about people having delusions about believing they're something that they really aren't.

Meaning, if I believe I'm Optimus Prime......it's not a point of debate about Optimus Prime being a cartoon and not a human being.

It's about me being delusional enough to believe that I'm a cartoon character.

Therefore, "transgenders" are delusional and shouldn't be taken seriously.