So Boko Haram is out there wiping towns off the map?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    And we cannot just leave the middle east alone if we do the world will spin off into chaos. America tried this leave the world alone ? pre ww2. It does not work, war is inevitable . The ideology of radical Islam must be stamped out it's more dangerous than communism was. It is the stated goal of Islamist to ? or convert the world into Islam.

Get off the boogieman ? . Find a new act, yours is old.

The boogie man does not capture and enslave hundreds of little girls and post a video bragging about it on youtube or chop heads off or line up people to get shot in the head in trying to defend your religion you are borderline joining the tin foil hat crew.

You are incapable of a rational thought. You are a coward and are in need of a boogieman to fit your scary ass narrative. Their is no such thing as an Islamist. More importantly the idea that the made up Western media's title of radical Islam is going to take over the world if not stopped any more, so, then the KKK, Jim Jones or Timothy McVeigh did is asinine.

Islamist are killing people and erasing whole towns yet you keep denying their existence. Call them whatever the ? you want to call them they are killing people.

The stated goal of Isis is to take control of as much of the world as they can. I mean after that last post I don't know how anyone can take you serious.

I will keep denying their existence because, there is no such thing. Nigerian who proclaim to be Muslims are killing Nigerians of all faiths, most of the Muslims up to this point and I have acknowledged this from the very outset. You are the only ignoramus incapable of seeing the tragedy for what it is.

You believe anything that fits your scary ass narrative.

so muslims killing muslims is the reason for your denial of islamist existence or would you rather I call them fundamentalist

My reason for denial is because, their is no such word. Islam is an Arabic word. And their is no such word of Islamist in Arabic. I'd rather you call them Muslims who are sinning against Islam, Muslims who are lying on Allah. Or not call them Muslim at all.

lol hhahahahahahahah

you have got to be ? joking who are you or me to decide that they are sining against islam when these people use the direct example of Muhammad and his companions as a pattern for their behavior.

And I have addressed every last one of your Hack copy and paste jobs trying to fit your narrative. And you failed miserably.

How the ? am I going to talk about the Koran and the hadith if I can't copy and paste from the ? Koran and hadith???? I think in defending your religion you are losing your rational thinking mind and making yourself look like a fool
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    REV_RAGE wrote: »
    And we cannot just leave the middle east alone if we do the world will spin off into chaos. America tried this leave the world alone ? pre ww2. It does not work, war is inevitable . The ideology of radical Islam must be stamped out it's more dangerous than communism was. It is the stated goal of Islamist to ? or convert the world into Islam.

The boogie man does not capture and enslave hundreds of little girls and post a video bragging about it on youtube or chop heads off or line up people to get shot in the head in trying to defend your religion you are borderline joining the tin foil hat crew.

You are incapable of a rational thought. You are a coward and are in need of a boogieman to fit your scary ass narrative. Their is no such thing as an Islamist. More importantly the idea that the made up Western media's title of radical Islam is going to take over the world if not stopped any more, so, then the KKK, Jim Jones or Timothy McVeigh did is asinine.

Islamist are killing people and erasing whole towns yet you keep denying their existence. Call them whatever the ? you want to call them they are killing people.

The stated goal of Isis is to take control of as much of the world as they can. I mean after that last post I don't know how anyone can take you serious.

I will keep denying their existence because, there is no such thing. Nigerian who proclaim to be Muslims are killing Nigerians of all faiths, most of the Muslims up to this point and I have acknowledged this from the very outset. You are the only ignoramus incapable of seeing the tragedy for what it is.

so muslims killing muslims is the reason for your denial of islamist existence or would you rather I call them fundamentalist

My reason for denial is because, their is no such word. Islam is an Arabic word. And their is no such word of Islamist in Arabic. I'd rather you call them Muslims who are sinning against Islam, Muslims who are lying on Allah. Or not call them Muslim at all.

this seems like you're trolling, but I actually think you believe this ? , did someone drop something else in your ? because I think you've been smoking drugs.

I'm trolling yet you stroll into a conversation with nothing value to add.

As soon you find me the Arabic word Islamists I will play along. Until then fall back you aren't equipped.

My dude, do you realize how stupid that argument you're making is? Dogs don't have a word for themselves, does that mean they don't exist?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kwan Dai Islamists = Islamic Extremists. Are you really taking the stance that there are no extremist sects of Islam?

I'm not playing a semantical game here. What you want to call them is irrelevant. Are you really saying that there are no Muslim groups that are out there taking a hard lined view of Islam and using that to excuse terrorism and acts of atrocity?

You cannot play semantics with words that do not exist. What I call them is very relevant and what a Non-Muslim, Non-Arabic speaking person calls them is irrelevant.

What I am saying is, There are Muslims sinning against ? , Muslims who are lying on Islam committing acts of violence. There are many Muslims who would classify these types as not Muslim at all.

I personally don't go that far because, it's not my place to make that call ? will deal with them justly when, they are called to answer for their crimes against humanity.

lol That's not how language works. The word clearly exists and has a meaning. You denying its existence isn't even playing semantics. It's just being silly.

Islamist or Islamic Extremist is defined as a person who claims to follow Islam and interprets the tenets of the faith in a way that promotes extreme and violent practices. There are most certainly Muslim or practitioners of Islam if you prefer than fit into that category.

Defined by Whom? What is the etymology?

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    Being silly is, having debates with Non-Muslims who don't speak a lick of Arabic and have no understanding of Quran or Islam. So, I agree, I am being silly. However, I feel it's necessary because, the misinformation and the hyperbole warrants a different perspective.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

lol hhahahahahahahah

you have got to be ? joking who are you or me to decide that they are sining against islam when these people use the direct example of Muhammad and his companions as a pattern for their behavior.

And I have addressed every last one of your Hack copy and paste jobs trying to fit your narrative. And you failed miserably.

How the ? am I going to talk about the Koran and the hadith if I can't copy and paste from the ? Koran and hadith???? I think in defending your religion you are losing your rational thinking mind and making yourself look like a fool

You can copy and paste all you like. I do the same. It's your hack commentary, and half assed opinions of what you think you know that accompanies it.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    REV_RAGE wrote: »

this seems like you're trolling, but I actually think you believe this ? , did someone drop something else in your ? because I think you've been smoking drugs.

I'm trolling yet you stroll into a conversation with nothing value to add.

As soon you find me the Arabic word Islamists I will play along. Until then fall back you aren't equipped.

My dude, do you realize how stupid that argument you're making is? Dogs don't have a word for themselves, does that mean they don't exist?

But Dog in Arbic is Kalb.

Now give me the Arabic word for Islamist?

• zombie
    Options
    Being silly is, having debates with Non-Muslims who don't speak a lick of Arabic and have no understanding of Quran or Islam. So, I agree, I am being silly. However, I feel it's necessary because, the misinformation and the hyperbole warrants a different perspective.

speaking Arabic??? lol most muslims can't speak Arabic but you don't need to master Arabic to understand the Koran or be a muslim.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    In the Quran Muslims and Non-Muslims who act and commit atrocities such as Boko have names. Islamist aint one or two of them. It's funny that even when you type Islamist it's flagged as a misspelling. LMAO.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

speaking Arabic??? lol most muslims can't speak Arabic but you don't need to master Arabic to understand the Koran or be a muslim.

Not in a basic sense. But Quran covers various topics and there are words that don't translate easily or not at all depending upon what language you are reading in other then Arabic. That's why many Muslims who want to understand Quran in deeper sense try to some extent to learn Arabic.

• zombie
    Options
    In the Quran Muslims and Non-Muslims who act and commit atrocities such as Boko have names. Islamist aint one or two of them. It's funny that even when you type Islamist it's flagged as a misspelling. LMAO.

ok so islamist is a nick name for these people it makes no ? difference they still follow what they believe is the true teachings of Muhammad and use what he said and did as their backing.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

ok so islamist is a nick name for these people it makes no ? difference they still follow what they believe is the true teachings of Muhammad and use what he said and did as their backing.

No Islamist is a made up name therefore there is no such thing. It makes a big difference. Calling something it's not tends to be a big deal.

Boko Haram claim to be Muslims and their actions are in no way shape or form aligned with Quran and Sunnah.

• zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

No Islamist is a made up name therefore there is no such thing. It makes a big difference. Calling something it's not tends to be a big deal.

Boko Haram claim to be Muslims and their actions are in no way shape or form aligned with Quran and Sunnah.

Well I and many other people including Muslims disagree with you. Creating a new name for an already existing concept or thing is perfectly rational.

Boko haram has slaves
    Muhammad had slaves
    The Muslims went to war
    Boko haram makes war.

you can think that I don't know anything about islam if you want too but the reality is these people live more in line with the quran and the sunnah than the average westernized muslim. you don't have to be a ? Arabic scholar to read the quran and the hadith and clearly see the connection between what boko is doing and what muhamad his companions did
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Islamist or Terri ost it's the same ?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boko Haram isn't helping the reputation of Muslims that's for sure. Someone in the higher ups needs to tell them to chill
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they won't spread out of the middle east; they will be checked by Europe and India/China/Russia
  • zombie
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

they won't spread out of the middle east; they will be checked by Europe and India/China/Russia

It has already spread outside of the middle east there are militant Islamist groups in Asia. Russia has been fighting groups in Chechnya and Europe has an exploding muslim population. That feels unwanted

Look there's no pussying out of war.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    My dude, you must not know the UK's history with the IRA and terrorism. ? was basically like Israel and Palestine for a while.
    i am familiar with it. and here's the thing: tell me how it's going now versus, say, the 1960s-1970s?
    remaining splinter groups are, what, a 20th of the Provos' size?
    which is my point: they should a) know how Nigeria's problems compare to theirs/France's/etc and b) have, at this point, some understanding of how to combat terrorism.
    AggyAF wrote: »
    so the thought of the US and Europe not wanting a strong black country sounds unfeasible to you guys?
    no, what sounds unfeasible to me is you saying "Boko Haram is a secret Western conspiracy" while waving your hands and saying literally NOTHING to support the theory.

seriously, in the face of being asked to make a real argument, you have immediately bailed on it. yes, you are the crazy one.
    Also, Nigeria's military is unstable and oil pipelines have been subject to attacks. So, with Nigeria unable to secure it's own oil industry. Perhaps those in power would like outsiders who can secure the oil industry to come in and do the job.
    so, as regards oil pipelines attacks, this is something that clearly has a basis in local issues... but that also doesn't seem to be about Boko Haram specifically. in fact, i think groups like MEND and NDPVF specifically
    Yeah I think Aggy has some good points
    wait, what are Aggy's actual points?
    forget the "are Western governments evil enough" question, because it's not an actual explanation.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Well to be fair, part of the reason the Middle East is the way it is is because of missteps that the West made. Let's not act like half the problems we're cleaning up in that region weren't put there or empowered by us (e.g., Hussein, Bin Laden, Taliban, etc...)
    well, Hussein, i grant you the "empowered" to some extent.
    but Bin Laden is a rich Saudi funded by rich Saudis. we didn't put him there or empower him.
    the Taliban... eh, i would blame ISI directly
    I sure am. That is a title made up by Western Politics.
    ...just going to roll my eyes at that one.
    What I am saying is, There are Muslims sinning against ? , Muslims who are lying on Islam committing acts of violence. There are many Muslims who would classify these types as not Muslim at all.
    so basically, you want to allow for their existence while denying the use of the term "Muslim extremists?"
    i don't think anyone on here is arguing extremists ONLY exist in Islam, so what's the point of this debate?

(also, i don't see "Islamist" getting flagged as a misspelling)
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

Who gives a ? ? Are you trolling or what? The etymology is irrelevant to this discussion. It's also irrelevant that there is no Arab word for Islamic. Do you really not understand how illogical and silly this argument you're making is?
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Satellite images indicate huge Boko Haram attack: rights groups

http://news.yahoo.com/satellite-images-indicate-huge-boko-haram-attack-rights-100701037.html
    Lagos (AFP) - Leading human rights groups on Thursday released satellite images claiming to show massive destruction by Boko Haram of two Nigerian towns in what is feared to be the deadliest strike of the Islamists' six-year insurgency.

Hundreds of people, if not more, are feared to have been killed in the attack, Amnesty said, that is thought to have targeted civilian vigilantes helping the army and that reportedly included one woman being killed while in labour.

But Nigeria's military, which often downplays death tolls, said that 150 died and dismissed as "sensational" claims that 2,000 may have lost their lives.

HRW said the exact death toll was unknown and quoted one local resident as saying: "No one stayed back to count the bodies.

"We were all running to get out of town ahead of Boko Haram fighters who have since taken over the area."

Amnesty's images showed aerial shots of the two towns, which have been hit previously by fighting, on January 2 -- the day before the attack -- and January 7, after homes and businesses were razed.

The group said the images suggested "devastation of catastrophic proportions", with more than 3,700 structures -- 620 in Baga and 3,100 in Doron Baga -- damaged or completely destroyed.

HRW said 11 percent of Baga and 57 percent of Doron Baga was destroyed, most likely by arson, attributing the greater damage in the latter to the fact that it houses a regional military base.

At least 16 settlements around Baga were burnt to the ground and at least 20,000 people fled, according to local officials.

Harrowing testimony has been emerging from survivors about the scale and brutality of the assault in Baga.

Eye-witnesses spoken to by AFP described seeing decomposing bodies in the streets and one man who escaped after hiding for three days said he was "stepping on bodies" as he fled through the bush.

Amnesty said on Thursday that survivors have told them that Boko Haram fighters killed a woman as she was in labour, during indiscriminate fire that also cut down small children.

"Half of the baby boy (was) out and she died like this," the unnamed witness was quoted as saying.

Rescue workers work to put out a fire following a bomb explosion that rocked the busiest roundabout …
    A man in his fifties added: "They killed so many people. I saw maybe around 100 killed at that time in Baga. I ran to the bush. As we were running, they were shooting and killing."

Another woman said: "I don't know how many but there were bodies everywhere we looked."

Medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said on Tuesday that its team in the Borno State capital, Maiduguri, was providing assistance to 5,000 survivors of the attack.

The UN refugee agency has said that more than 11,300 Nigerian refugees have fled into neighbouring Chad.

Amnesty said the eye-witnesses and images reinforced the view that the attack was Boko Haram's "largest and most destructive" in its fight to establish a hardline Islamic state in northeast Nigeria.

"The deliberate killing of civilians and destruction of their property by Boko Haram are war crimes and crimes against humanity and must be duly investigated," it added.

Some 300 women were said to have been rounded up and detained at a school, witnesses told Amnesty, adding that older women, mothers and children were released after four days but younger women kept.

The Baga attack came before presidential and parliamentary elections in Nigeria next month and an upsurge in violence apparently designed to undermine the legitimacy of the vote.

Nigeria's electoral commission said voting was "unlikely" in rebel-controlled areas and arrangements were being made to allow hundreds of thousands of displaced people to cast their ballots.

Part-PAR-Par8073992-1-1-0.jpg
  • Kwan Dai
    edited January 2015
    Options

Well I and many other people including Muslims disagree with you. Creating a new name for an already existing concept or thing is perfectly rational.

Boko haram has slaves
    Muhammad had slaves
    The Muslims went to war
    Boko haram makes war.

you can think that I don't know anything about islam if you want too but the reality is these people live more in line with the quran and the sunnah than the average westernized muslim. you don't have to be a ? Arabic scholar to read the quran and the hadith and clearly see the connection between what boko is doing and what muhamad his companions did

You know one Muslim, who by your own admission you don't even discuss Islam with any longer.

There is no thinking needed here. You know absolutely nothing about Islam. Your made up facts cannot be substantiated. You regurgitate what Fox and CNN swallow hook line and sinker.

Again, I am not responding to you, to debate because, you aren't suited to debate. You just aren't knowledgeable enough. I am here to offer a different perspective is all.

Muslim scholars and knowledgeable Muslims do not use made up words such as Islamists, and fundamentalists. These are made up western media terms that do not accurately describe people who claim to be Muslims or people who disobey Allah. Here are some of the respected Scholars words on the murders in France and other groups committing atrocities around the world.

Shaykh Khalid AbdurRahman
    Shaykh Muhammad bin Ramzan
    Shaykh Aadil Mansoor
    Shaykh Muhammad AlAnjari

Shaykh Muhammad AlAnjari:
    This is a gathering to clarify the correct Muslim stance regarding those recent crimes in France, which has nothing to do with Islam. Its from a way of the people of Fitnah and Bida'h & desires, those who separated from the Way of Mohammad صلى الله عليه و سلم So these groups: are agreed upon spilling the blood and they're from the Khawarij. People of France know of these groups like Boko Haram and others and other than them like the militant organisations like FARC and others. Allaah ordered us to fulfil our trusts and agreements so the people of truth Don't abandon these agreements of safety and trust. How can these criminals commit the treachery by making people think you are peaceful & then commit your crimes. This is NOT Jihad, this is treachery & from the greatest prohibitions in Islam. On the day of Resurrection the treacherous will carry the Banner of Treachery. They cause corruption & trials for the muslims as the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said.
    You pathetic person who claims this is Jihad, you lie & distort the religion of Allaah.. You criminals cause people to change the religion and ban the Hijab and other than that. These criminals are on a way of the Khawarij who the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم warned against. O Europeans, we've been faced with the difficulties of these criminals for centuries

Shaykh Khalid AbdurRahman:
    Allah has tested the muslims with these Khawarij Past & Present. Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: "They read the Quran & it doesn't pass their throats" So they don't understand the Quran. If they contemplated the Quran they would know there are upon corruption for the people. They fight to bring about trials & tribulations. If there are agreements of security and one party is feared to broken the agreement, then is must be openly declared that the agreement is cancelled, without any treachery.
    Some companions of Mohammad صلى الله عليه و سلم promised some non muslims that they won't fight alongside Mohammad صلى الله عليه و سلم … so the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم ordered them to Fulfill their promise!! Due to that, Huthayfa didn't fight in the Battle of Badr, even though he was needed by the army. The army was 1/3 the size of the non muslims army!!
    Its not permissible even to fight non muslims in defense of them oppressing Muslims if they had an agreement of security.
    The companion of Mohammed, Muawiya was a ruler for 40 years, he didn't battle with Rome as long as he had a peace agreement.

Abu Sufyaan who wasn't Muslim, bore witness that Muhammed صلى الله عليه و سلم was never treacherous!!!
    The Khawarij are so far from this correct way of Mohammed صلى الله عليه و سلم and his companions. Its the true Islam that suffers from the falsehood the Khawarij portray

Shaykh Muhammad bin Ramzan:
    Treachery & deception are not the actions of the Muslims who seek the face of Allaah. Passports and citizenships & visas are all examples of Agreements of Safety. If a Muslim raises a metal object to another Muslim he is cursed by the angels, so what about the one who murders?? We free ourselves from those criminal ways of the Khawarij!.
    The Ikhwan ul Muslimeen like ISIS are causes for so much evil & treachery & deception. They are Dogs of the Hellfire because they seek Paradise through these corrupt means

Shaykh Aadil Mansoor:
    We free ourselves from the treachery of the treacherous ones , we free ourselves from all that what Allaah hates. Islaam is a religion of Truth, there are no lies in it Islam is a religion of Trust, no treachery in it. What these criminals do is NOT in defence of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم honour. Defence of the Prophet is only in following his way!.
    Its impossible to defend the religion with what is prohibited in the religion. Islaam was always free from those criminal actions and always will be! The evil effects of the these criminals affect the muslims in terrible ways, these treacherous way cannot be called defence of the Prophet. These treacherous acts only push people away from Islam & the correct way of the Prophet. There is never any excuse for this type of criminal activity. The prophet warned against those who innovate into the religion what isn't from it. The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said he would have killed those type of criminals. Islaam is free form this treachery, deception and evil plots.
    Its obligatory upon whoever has the correct knowledge & insight to clarify to the people what is from the true Islaam & what isn't from it. From having mercy to mankind is to teach them the True Islaam.
    People must be informed of the reality of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم such as His fulfilling agreements of Safety.

Shaykh Muhammad AlAnjari:
    The trust of the Muslims is one. Even if 1 muslim gives his trust, then upon all the muslims is to adhere to it.
    Shaykh Khalid AbdurRahman:
    No doubt people of innovation have doubts in their hearts due to ignorance. People used to curse & speak against the Prophet in his life and he didn't ? them and he didn't fight them even though he and his companions were capable to do so.

These Scholars spoke very candidly and none of them use words like, Isamists and fundamentalists. Criminals, Militants, treacherous, even Dogs of Hell Fire. Indeed and no sane person could argue those points.

When the proper descriptors are used, then proper discussion can commence.

• Kwan Dai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well to be fair, part of the reason the Middle East is the way it is is because of missteps that the West made. Let's not act like half the problems we're cleaning up in that region weren't put there or empowered by us (e.g., Hussein, Bin Laden, Taliban, etc...)
    well, Hussein, i grant you the "empowered" to some extent.
    but Bin Laden is a rich Saudi funded by rich Saudis. we didn't put him there or empower him.
    the Taliban... eh, i would blame ISI directly
    I sure am. That is a title made up by Western Politics.
    ...just going to roll my eyes at that one.
    so basically, you want to allow for their existence while denying the use of the term "Muslim extremists?"
    i don't think anyone on here is arguing extremists ONLY exist in Islam, so what's the point of this debate?

(also, i don't see "Islamist" getting flagged as a misspelling)

Roll your eyes. Are you a 10 year old female?

Don't be dense. There hasn't been one post of mine implying that groups that conduct themselves as Boko Haram has, should exist in any form. But I will continue to deny these made up titles. Muslim extremists, Islamists and the like. They are made up titles that simply do don't accurately describe Muslims of any kind.

• Kwan Dai
    Options

Who gives a ? ? Are you trolling or what? The etymology is irrelevant to this discussion. It's also irrelevant that there is no Arab word for Islamic. Do you really not understand how illogical and silly this argument you're making is?

I do. Are you trolling? It's irrelevant because, you say it is or because, you are incapable of actually doing so?

What's illogical is, people such as yourself who argue subjects they have no knowledge of.

• Kwan Dai
    Options
    Boko Haram isn't helping the reputation of Muslims that's for sure. Someone in the higher ups needs to tell them to chill

This is certainly 100% truth and well put. However, Muslims all over the world have denounced, written articles, and given sermons more times then I can count. Not just for Non-Muslim consumption. There has always been Muslims who speak out and warn Muslims of Imams and organizations who are seen as not following Islam properly or flat out not Muslim at all. So, it's been done and being done all the time.

My perspective is always skewed because, I am a Black man in America. I don't trust our Media, Politicians, and talking heads to report truthfully and accurately, on anything concerning Non-Whites home or abroad. So, I am always interested in the fine detail.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

I do. Are you trolling? It's irrelevant because, you say it is or because, you are incapable of actually doing so?

What's illogical is, people such as yourself who argue subjects they have no knowledge of.

It's irrelvant because the appearance of a word in a particular language has not bearing whatsoever on what that word describes. Some old indigenous tribes didn't have words for "lie" before they met Europeans, that doesn't mean the concept of lying didn't exist and it doesn't mean the consequences of lies told can't be discussed.

You claim to have all this knowledge that we don't have, but if you really did you wouldn't have to result to stupid like these ridiculous semantics arguments you're making. You could lead this discussion based on actual information instead.