Lowered Expectations

Options
whatevathehell
whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
Man.......broken dreams , no aspirations,...and a lack of inspiration is the sum of my life thus far. An underachiever at underachieving if such a thing was possible. An ant has more of a purpose in life than I for even they strive to perpetuate their species. But enough of that my name is.......well it can be whatever the ? you want it to be.

Can one lose themself if they've never found their own identity in the first place? Does that ? even matter? The world is so PC now; every word and action must rehearsed and versed so as to not offend the next man. ? ridiculous. We're all caricatures of what the world expects us to be.

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats real adult insight.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know Ill be 32 this year and as I look back on my life I wonder to myself...da ? have I accomplished. It seems like from a very serious standpoint I am in the situation as when I was 22....true I have experienced some thing s adn gained a little knowledge but I havent really gotten anywhere. This is totally ? unacceptable.

Word to the wise..do something with yourself before ? is too late. It is nigh impossible and almost crazy to try to plan your whole life but at least set yourself some goals...both small and major. If not then what beacon are you following. We all gotta die someday and life is not about the destination...oh we know what that ? is but about the journey. I feel like I have been traveling in a closet blindfolded, hands bounds, and ear plugged... and through no ones fault but my own.

Today I change...or so I have said every other day for the past 10 years. I cant be having these same thoughts at 42.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's some real life situation right here. I've felt this way as of recently and its my motivation to make changes with my life. I felt like I was the only one in the world that had these thoughts. Props @whatevathehell
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's real. I'm doing the same looking for avenues to carve my lane.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    Options
    Word!!

I can hunnid % feel this. I think many of us can in fact. Because I'm 32 and I feel I'm going thru a midlife crisis or what ever the ? they call it lol.

Keep expressing them words we call hope and poetry my fellow poetical brethren.