Isn't it kinda ? that you can't return a game that sucks donkey ? ?

Options
SneakDZA
SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in IllGaming
I feel like sooner or later gamers have to get together and force these companies to start giving refunds for misleading, ? or buggy products.

I can't think of any other major industry where you can just sell somebody some ? that flat-out doesn't work properly or just straight-up sucks and they can't get their money back at all.

I know that you can return ? if it's still shrinkwrapped but that logic is a holdover from the early pc cd-rom days when you could just copy dics with no drm and weak copy-protection and the internet was so slow that you would get your pirate games directly from a friend who had it and burned you a cd. Nowadays if your intention is to pirate a game you don't buy it, copy it and return it - you just download that ? and be done with it. So why keep punishing the people who went out of their way to buy a legit copy of something that they aren't satisfied with for whatever reason especially when probably 9 times out of 10 when they return the ? game they don't like they'll just spend that money on a different one?

Bonus: Name a game you got that was so ? or buggy on release that you felt like you got straight-up bamboozled.

Isn't it kinda ? that you can't return a game that sucks donkey ? ? 19 votes

Yeah they need to cut that ? out and at least give a few day window to return ?
73%
[Deleted User]scrapper1willhustlejee504KNiGHTSqawshunSerious Juice MayneStoneColdMikeyVulcanRavenDillaDeafRiGGACashmoneyDuxSneakDZASmokey Tha Bandit 14 votes
Nope - you bought it and if you don't like it it's your fault for some inexplicable reason
26%
dogfromduckhuntLPastNegro_CaesarBazz-BThereal_ba 5 votes

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i really wish i could get rid of cod advanced warfare
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Rent" from Gamestop or watch multiple video reviews.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    buy a game used at gamestop if youre unsure about a game. play it for couple days. return it if you don't like it or beat it in that week . get another game
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its called gamefly
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    way of the samurai 2
    watch dogs

They should have it at that if you return a game you can atleast get half your money back
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rome II.
    Elder Scrolls online

Both games were largely rushed. The only difference is that eso was actually being fixed by the devs, still boring as ? .

Rome II that ? was a travisty. They literally forced you to buy a bunch of dlc to get not even half the features provided. ? was highway robbery
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and have games make demos. all games don't have them. they want you to take a chance. ? $60 high.
  • reapin505
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    and have games make demos. all games don't have them. they want you to take a chance. ? $60 high.

I can't remember the last time a AAA game had a ? demo. I remember they used to have magazines with disks that had demos on them and thats was one of the ways you could test ? out before downloading came out. You'd think it would be easier to release demos but now most of them only go to video game reviewers instead of the people. Then when the game turns out to be trash, the devs and execs don't give one ? about it. I miss the old ps2 days. That was still the goat era in gaming for me.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope - you bought it and if you don't like it it's your fault for some inexplicable reason
    Can't agree with being able to get refunds on games you think are bad, but if it's broken, yeah. Man SimCity still burns me. Actually hid it on Origin because it annoyed me to see it. Couldn't even enjoy the "free" game EA gave away trying to make up for it. That was just an epic amount of fuckery.

Co-sign Rome II and it's $50 culture pack ripoffs. Can't even bring myself to start it up anymore.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

I can't remember the last time a AAA game had a ? demo. I remember they used to have magazines with disks that had demos on them and thats was one of the ways you could test ? out before downloading came out. You'd think it would be easier to release demos but now most of them only go to video game reviewers instead of the people. Then when the game turns out to be trash, the devs and execs don't give one ? about it. I miss the old ps2 days. That was still the goat era in gaming for me.

that's why i feel like i missed out on great games because of not getting them when they first come out.
    ? i aint played GTA 5 but i felt like i did already by watching walkthroughs and following the forum here.
    i also thought it would be easier by it being digital.
    they're only a few games i'll trust in buying for sure and that's ? Of War (maybe not Ascension) and Rocksteady's Batman.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simcity was a big disappointment, I stopped buying EA games because of that
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i forgot all about the simcity debacle. and to add insult to injury the max city size in that game was so small it made the whole game pointless.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that's why i feel like i missed out on great games because of not getting them when they first come out.
    ? i aint played GTA 5 but i felt like i did already by watching walkthroughs and following the forum here.
    they're only a few games i'll trust in buying for sure and that's ? Of War (maybe not Ascension) and Rocksteady's Batman.
    You ain't missed nothing.I will always buy GOW,Batman,MGS and anything from Naughty Dog.
  • reapin505
    Options

You ain't missed nothing.I will always buy GOW,Batman,MGS and anything from Naughty Dog.

Cosign and a goat for always buying those games. I thought I was the only one that thought GTA5 was a let down.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rome II.
    Elder Scrolls online

Both games were largely rushed. The only difference is that eso was actually being fixed by the devs, still boring as ? .

Rome II that ? was a travisty. They literally forced you to buy a bunch of dlc to get not even half the features provided. ? was highway robbery

My gawd, i got ESO for my PC at Launch and i played that ? maybe a week. Never picked it up again. That ? was horrible imo.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't play western developed games, so I don't have this problem.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »

Them ? be ? up sometimes too
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »

? .
  • reapin505
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Rome II.
    Elder Scrolls online

My gawd, i got ESO for my PC at Launch and i played that ? maybe a week. Never picked it up again. That ? was horrible imo.

It had its strong points in some respects, pvp the MAJOR one. Idk if you ever played an mmo called age of conan, but the pvp was a lot like that but actually had people participating lol. The only reason I stayed playing for the few extra months was because of a friend who I was secretly trying ? /get with her sister. We were in the same guild in aoc and she convinced me to get the damn game so the whole guild could rp together. Other than RP and the pvp though, that game is trash.

AoC was better and that barely has anyone playing that ? anymore. ESO put my ass to sleep and kept crashing on me.If it was f2p I wouldn't mind but it doesn't deserve to have monthly sub plan
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know everyone who bought that nba live reboot were super ? , how was your game so bad that the company ceo have to apologize . My lady got it for me and i was like nah b that ? gotta go that joint was at my house for maybe 18hrs tops
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if I can really say bamboozled for these games but maybe 2 on this list

Watch Dogs
    The Evil Within
    Sniper Elite 3
    ? of War Saga

I got The Evil Within the week it dropped straight up off store credit. I just got rid of it over the weekend along with Sniper Elite 3 for a GTA V upgrade for under $30. The Evil Within was just boring as ? and I never finished it just felt like I was forcing myself to play it the same with Sniper Elite 3. Watch Dogs was trash and I was lucky to get back what I paid for it.

I got ? over with the ? of War Saga because it was supposed to be 5 games into 1-2 discs. After I opened it I seen something about DLC for the game come to find out, the other 2 games were DLC but had an expiration date. Expiration date on DLC? I never heard of it. So I try to get my money back because of the expired context that I couldn't redeem. When I tried to return I couldn't get a full refund. I also told dude at the store stop selling ? that can't be used/redeemed.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once I got gamefly I quit gambling on ? games you can get out of the redbox they seem rushed, and not worth $60 if it's any good I'll just keep it for like $35 and they send the box and manual so I don't waste my money with those jews at gamestop ? my wallet
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I spent more money on ? games last year than I have in my entire life.

I only felt I was getting my money's worth when I picked up a Wii U.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried Gamefly.
    ? was WOAT.
    Took them a clean 5 or 6 days to ship my ? out.
    Ain't bout to pay for that slow ass ? , but I heard it varies depending on where you live.

Now a days before I buy a game I read at least 5 reviews on it (without spoiling the game of course) unless I was gonna get the ? from the jump.
    I also don't go digital on a game unless its at least 50% off.
    It's always physical so I can return that ? if it's complete ass.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This reminded me of when I bought Spider-Man on PS2 when I was 16. ? , that game was trash and Best Buy wouldn't take it back smh. Ended up "selling" it to Gamestop, so ? them ? , too. I only buy a game now if I'm really anticipating it or that ? is a cheap impulse buy.