Fantastic Four Teaser Debuts Today

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

F4_Nerdist-500x500.jpg

a7NANG0.jpg

Trank says they “consciously decided to not release anything official” until now.

In terms of plot and story, Trank was guarded but did say, “This is a modern telling of how these four iconic characters came together and came to be.”

Trank revealed that renowned composer Philip Glass is scoring the movie with Marco Beltrami.

The film recently did a few days of additional photography and it was to film some bits and pieces. Nothing major. They weren’t filming some huge new ending.

The original shoot was seventy-two days and they were on-schedule and on-budget.

The film is heavily influenced by David Cronenberg and Trank mentioned that Scanners and The Fly were big influences on the look of the film.

The film is an origin story and there are influences of what Kirby and Stan were doing in the 60’s all the way up into the present day.

The Ultimates was also an influence and a lot of the science specifics are there. They told me a lot of the means of transformation they took from the books.
Trank’s first cut of the film was around 2 hours and 10 minutes. He said the final film will probably be between 2 hours and 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Kinberg says there is an Easter egg in the teaser trailer.

They are very influenced by what Marvel has been doing regarding combined universes. Saying that, they admit it’s tricky to combine X-Men and FF because the X-Men films so far don’t acknowledge the Fantastic Four and the Fantastic Four takes place essentially in the same time period as the modern day X-Men movies.

Kinberg does confirm that there is a different approach to the Marvel movies at Fox than when they started making Marvel films at the studio. “There is an intent and want to be a part of a larger fabric and tapestry the way Marvel has done so brilliantly.”

Trank is on Twitter but isn’t tweeting right now. If you want to follow him he’s at @joshuaTrank.

Comments

• mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A darker tone, I want to see how they work a black Johnny Storm into this.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trailer doesn't look bad
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trailer doesn't look bad

This. doesnt look as terrible as i thought it would be. Then again they didnt show too much. May stream when DVD quality drops at this point.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Trailer doesn't look bad

This. doesnt look as terrible as i thought it would be. Then again they didnt show too much. May stream when DVD quality drops at this point.

That's exactly why I thought the trailer was bad lol.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it a teaser not a trailer and the youtube comments..

i am not surprised
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL so as expected people are already turning around on this just like I had said on this board months ago. Internet fanboys are so transparent.

Personally? I think it looks like a standard 21st century sci-fi flick and not really like the F4. That's good for people who aren't Fantastic Four fans cause it makes the property appeal to them. They even took the classic circular logo and made it a square lmao. It definitely is the complete opposite of what Marvel Studios would've done with the property.

Which is what I would've liked to have seen (Marvel Studios' F4) since F4 is one of my favorite Marvel IP's as opposed to something like The Avengers which I never really liked. I'm a Cronenberg fan and The Fly is one of my all time favorite movies so it's interesting to see Trank take influence from that. I'll check it out on video though. I think Fury Road will be my only trip to the cinema this year unless something else come's out of left field.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I may be alone in thinking this, but this could ? around and rival Avengers for best movie of 2015. Not numbers wise perhaps, but from a quality standpoint.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that was a lame ass trailer
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I may be alone in thinking this, but this could ? around and rival Avengers for best movie of 2015. Not numbers wise perhaps, but from a quality standpoint.

i didnt really like that last avengers movie that much
    but im sure age of ultron is gonna be alot better
    with a dope villain and after guardians

i like that f4 trailer tho
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teaser not trailer...
    Yall b cool
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    LOL so as expected people are already turning around on this just like I had said on this board months ago. Internet fanboys are so transparent.

Personally? I think it looks like a standard 21st century sci-fi flick and not really like the F4. That's good for people who aren't Fantastic Four fans cause it makes the property appeal to them. They even took the classic circular logo and made it a square lmao. It definitely is the complete opposite of what Marvel Studios would've done with the property.

Which is what I would've liked to have seen (Marvel Studios' F4) since F4 is one of my favorite Marvel IP's as opposed to something like The Avengers which I never really liked. I'm a Cronenberg fan and The Fly is one of my all time favorite movies so it's interesting to see Trank take influence from that. I'll check it out on video though. I think Fury Road will be my only trip to the cinema this year unless something else come's out of left field.

200_s.gif
  • Copper
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You need to look at the 2015 slate again...
  • Broddie
    Options
    I don't read spoiler articles on movie sites anymore so I have a question

Is Annihilus supposed to be in this movie?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

I stand by my post. They're promoting this as "from the studio that gave you DOFP" which was, in my opinion, best movie of the year. This teaser says they're trying to match or exceed it in quality.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah I also ready in other sites that it's gonna be more of a sci fi flick then a comic book movie.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I stand by my post. They're promoting this as "from the studio that gave you DOFP" which was, in my opinion, best movie of the year. This teaser says they're trying to match or exceed it in quality.

They are also combining X-men and FF as well.
  • Broddie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

They are also combining X-men and FF as well.

No they're not.

They share the same writer but he said both will be set in their own stand alone universes which IMO is perfectly fine. Not everything needs to be interconnected.
  • Copper
    Options
    Yeah I also ready in other sites that it's gonna be more of a sci fi flick then a comic book movie.

well FF is rooted in SciFi and inspired by
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I probably won't even stream it