Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    rasida jones a ? too tho

what she do?

reading about her she really hates being black lol. she just closer to her white mama then to quincy
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I've seen Zoe Saldana on magazine covers stating she's afro Latina and defending it to the high heavens
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Devyn Abdullah

a super ? .

OPTIMIS ? !!

Tiger Woods also

cablinasian
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    rasida jones a ? too tho

what she do?

reading about her she really hates being black lol. she just closer to her white mama then to quincy

shiiit

i.a.e.n.o
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at the coonery
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tf is fair-skinned?

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In his controversial 2004 NAACP event commemorating the 50th anniversary of Brown vs. Board of Education, Bill Cosby said call him anything but African-American:

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don’t know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that ? , and all of them are in jail.”
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Keyshia Cole really bi-racial? I never knew that.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    i aint from Africa..

never been.. momma aint never been.. granny.. or great granny..

im American.. Black American if u wanna be specific..

Obama?? African American.. daddy from Africa.. see the difference..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

we really jus need to start from scratch..

I swear man I was always thought the same thing.. IMO (feel free for anyone to educate me) but I always looked at being called African American (if u weren't born in Africa) Latin/Hispanic American, Asian American.. all them titles was ? . IMO its a way to slight everyone who is non white. Because whites are the ones who simply get titled American.

america is a nation and a continent, telling me you are american does not tell me what your racial identity is. Also america is only about 250 years old AND is very culturally mixed so calling yourself america vs for example calling yourself japanese does not really have the same effect, because it does not link you to a specific heritage.

whites take pride in calling themselves american because they made america and they are the only ones who made a willing choice to create america. Everyone else just came here in different ways and we are all in the process of making american culture. America has not quite been defined yet in other words there is no "REAL AMERICAN" ethnic group.
  • ibestrokin
    ibestrokin Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Options
    super head said she wasnt african american which i can agree with. she aint come up with the generational mentality that was passed to us blacks descended from slaves in america. me personally i want to be called colored. im brown. not black. i think colored would suit us blacks right. go back to people calling us colored and watch how quick we come back together to get up on some ? .
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't like the moniker "African American" you can take it up with Jesse Jackson. He is the one responsible for the phrase. Co-signed by his buddy Al Sharpton.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But there right when they say don't refer to them as African America. I'm Black I don't really know ? about Africa or from which part my family was forced from. But straight up denying your black is a ? up mind state
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    you know whats funny in another thread im sure some of these same ? was like they aint even black... because they momma aint black.. or they mixed they not black..

TRUTH.

as for the subject.... smh at this transcending blackness ?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Bill Cosby has the ? smuggest old black man public persona that I hate. 'Pull your pants up, black people. I was on TV in the ’80s. I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom.' Yeah, but you ? women, Bill Cosby. So that brings you down a couple notches. 'I don’t curse on stage.' Well, yeah, you’re a ?

I still don't know why he(burress) was all in his feelings that day
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    i aint from Africa..

whats wrong wit jus bein American.. and i aint even tryin to be funny.. i swear ? and this identity crisis.. dont knkw what the ? they wamt to be called..

I swear man I was always thought the same thing.. IMO (feel free for anyone to educate me) but I always looked at being called African American (if u weren't born in Africa) Latin/Hispanic American, Asian American.. all them titles was ? . IMO its a way to slight everyone who is non white. Because whites are the ones who simply get titled American.

^^^^^Cosign like a mufucka^^^^^^^
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint from Africa..

Cosign this

I don't ? with that African American ?

I'm American
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Add the great Smokey Robinson to this list.

Paraphrasing here, but he said that the term African American is silly and he simply considers himself as black.