*Spinoff* Greatest NBA teams to never win a title

Options
BamBamMr7Gram
BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
The college thread got me thinking about all the great teams that never won ?

Sacramento kings-Chris Webber, Mike Bibby, Bobby Jackson, peja stoiokovich, Vlade them boys almost beat the Lakers a few times nice finals push just never could get Rick Adelman that one ring

Portland Trailblazers- Damon Stoudemire,
Steve Smith, Scottie ? Pippen, Rasheed Wallace I think shriempf was there center man that team was dragging ? until they took the 3-1 defecit to the Lakers they still almost won game 7

Feel free to add on

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peja stoiokovich
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is the "Why didnt they run the ball" moment of the Kings. As in why didnt Vlade catch the damn ball

446772_o.gif

Horry was a straight killer. Got seven ? rings damn
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    '76-82 Sixers led by Dr.J

3 losses in the Finals and 2 ECF losses before finally winning it all in '83.

0468764001416943071_filepicker.jpg

I'll always have '83 :D

edit. Just realized that you mean franchises that never won and not particular squads that never won. So i choose Utah.

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to say the 2000-01 Milwaukee Bucks team. Not saying that they would have beat the Lakers that year but they had a nice squad. They had a young Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas, and Sam Cassell.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2010 Celtics
    2004 TWolves
    2002 Celtics
    1985 Rockets
    1986 Celtics
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    Options
    '94 Knicks

Gahdamn

Greg Anthony
    Pat Ewing
    John Starks
    Charles Oakley
    Anthony Mason
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00-01 Sixers. I really wanted A.I and Larry Brown to win the championship that year after the Hawks not making it, but Kobe and Shaq was too much for them.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Damn nggas literally listed my 3 favorite non-Jordan teams of my lifetime

1) Portland- 10 deep. I somewhat Blame Pip for this. Was no longer asked to score. Was no longer asked to be an elite defender. YOU HAD ONE JOB! Be a leader, and he couldnt keep them together in that 4th.

2) Sacrmento-What other team in history can say they have confirmed proof that at least 1 ref was conspirying against them. Donaghy confirmed it.

3) Milwaukee- I blame Tim Thomas. He was supposed to be the x factor, 4th guy on a team with casell, Big dog, and Ray. He had sooooo much potential.

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    I have to say the 2000-01 Milwaukee Bucks team. Not saying that they would have beat the Lakers that year but they had a nice squad. They had a young Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas, and Sam Cassell.

That team wasn't great.

A product of a garbage eastern conference
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Portland and Sactown own this thread

Minnesota around that time were tough as well

Edit:
    Guess everyone said them lol..
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    96-97 Rockets. Made it to the WCF only to get soul clapped by John Stockton in game 6.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

That team wasn't great.

A product of a garbage eastern conference

Yea most of these teams are favorites, not greats.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    Options
    ^^^^ Scottie on that team to damn he got the shaft without Mike him sir Charles and Hakeem were old then but damn John Stockton why you have to do it to em
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we talking about never ever or never with a certain squad? if we are talking never with a certain squad again I have to mention the '76-82 Sixers led by Dr.J.

3 losses in the Finals and 2 ECF losses.

Some of the teams listed had a good year or didn't even make their conference finals.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    93 Phoenix Suns
    91 Trailblazers
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The late 90's pacers and the Malice era Pacers

^^^^^^^ 2005 Pacers would have had a major chance to win the ship if Steve Jack and Artest wouldn't have went in the stands in Detroit.
  • moyo
    Options
    I hate to say it but the 2012 Oklahoma City Thunder. Sad to say it but them boys may never get any closer with the nucleus they currently have.
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    Options
    moyo wrote: »

^^^^^^^ 2005 Pacers would have had a major chance to win the ship if Steve Jack and Artest wouldn't have went in the stands in Detroit.

Them boys used to give the pistons that work especially when they hired Rick Carlisle they had a vendetta against Detroit it cost em in the end

*sidenote*
    I remember this fat ass piston fan beating the damn hell out of Fred Jones in the stands
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont agree with the 00-01 Bucks mention. A hobbled AI took em out practically by himself
  • moyo
    Options
    moyo wrote: »

Them boys used to give the pistons that work especially when they hired Rick Carlisle they had a vendetta against Detroit it cost em in the end

*sidenote*
    I remember this fat ass piston fan beating the damn hell out of Fred Jones in the stands

Wasn't it Ben Wallace's brother???