who better? westbrook or iverson

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After the finals appearance

He was kicked out the first round then kick out the second round and then missed the playoffs.

Dude wasn't winning like Yall say he was.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    And after Mutombo left the team became horrible.
  • Jik Jikkles
    Jik Jikkles Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options
    No contest until Westbrook can prove he can single handedly Carry a team to a NBA finals run

Iverson was best pound for pound player of all time in his prime

No offense the league has better players then( I mean that exact season) compared to today. The Eastern conference was better but not much

:-?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate you ? .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Awwww ? man I might fight a ? he say something foul about Iverson after watching that
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Put AI in his prime with Durant and you got a championship.Russ with Durant and Harden could not get that ring.

I think that answers the question.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put AI in his prime with Durant and you got a championship.Russ with Durant and Harden could not get that ring.

Worst logic possible

Prove it to us
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Worst logic possible

Prove it to us

They wouldn't make it out the first round In the west with AI running the point.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

Worst logic possible

Prove it to us

Saying Westbrooke has a better team is worse logic? A.I. is a legend and one of the greatest at his position.I'm saying A.I. with another elite player would have gotten the job done unlike RW.RW has Kevin Durant and is not the best player on his team.Wes has never carried a franchise like Iverson.the Sixers have not been the same since.OKC would be fine without Wes and a PG that actually passes the ball like Rondo. I don't even know this is a discussion to been with.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If AI were on the Thunder he would also be the 2nd best player on said team.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Worst logic possible

Prove it to us

Saying Westbrooke has a better team is worse logic? A.I. is a legend and one of the greatest at his position.I'm saying A.I. with another elite player would have gotten the job done unlike RW.RW has Kevin Durant and is not the best player on his team.Wes has never carried a franchise like Iverson.the Sixers have not been the same since.OKC would be fine without Wes and a PG that actually passes the ball like Rondo. I don't even know this is a discussion to been with.

They wouldn't win a series with that chucker.

Westbrook at least gon defend pass and rebound.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A whole lot of ? who have no idea what the ? they're talking about.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

Worst logic possible

Prove it to us

No, saying "If THIS player was on THIS team, they would have won _______" is horrible logic, IF you are proclaiming it to be fact. Simply because it is impossible to prove.

If you admit that it's pure speculation, then fine. But, you're not.

So since you are so 100% that it is a fact, why don't you prove to us that it a prime AI + KD would have won a championship.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like how every day westbrook is brought up as a better defender he gets torched by another pg.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    i like how every day westbrook is brought up as a better defender he gets torched by another pg.

Yea cuz AI was defending elite players when he played like VC Tmac.

Oh yea, he never did. He was guarding Lue and all the other trash PGs from when he played.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Oh yea, he never did. He was guarding Lue and all the other trash PGs from when he played.

so basically neither of em that good at defending. wash.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

False.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

Screen-shot-2014-06-30-at-9.45.06-AM-604x380-604x360.png

Ngga...we JUST getting to the point where people will let Westbrook do him and not get blamed. But you think AI with Durant would work!?!?!?

Please note, AI with Melo, a fellow A1 scorer, didnt work as it would seem on paper...now, that was even a more mature AI, and he shot a very good 45% over those 2 years.

But if we talkin prime AI, who's to say what his career would look like. But 2 things. 1) Nggas cant automatically say AI and ____ would work or 'if AI had more help' bc AI's game was not conducive to 'help'! You cant just ignore that. But i guarantee he wouldnt just be doin whatever he wanted with KD or another scorer. For one, he wouldnt be playin SG anymore. He'd have to play PG. No 4 scoring titles. 27ppg on 41% is like, ok, but he's a scorer, oh well...22/23 ppg on 41% now you just a inefficient, chuckin ass pg....so now he's Stephon Marbury Lol #bars. That completely changes the trajectory

Just like we pretty much wont ever know what a prime Kyrie Irving could do stats wise bc he plays with Bron
    Same with James Worthy never being 'the man'
    Same with Pippen only havin 1 year w/ out Mike
    Perhaps w/ Westbrook always playin with Durant (but this strecth is givin you an idea)

If Westbrook and KD stay together, RW will go back to avg around 22/23 a game. Finish his career around that mark. Is that REALLY indicative of who he is? 21ppg, 6apg? Vs with a green light he's given you 30 and 10 lol Thimnk anotu that type ? . AI had a pg/sg's dream of a green light. Outside of that ONE YEAR, it probably benefitted him, his brand, and his legacy more than it did winnign basketball. Russ, and Harden at the time, sacrificed a lot of STATS for winning basketball.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait, what???? When hasn't Westbrook not defended well against subpar pgs??? He got beat by an elite guard, not the decoy scrub.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wait, what???? When hasn't Westbrook not defended well against subpar pgs??? He got beat by an elite guard, not the decoy scrub.

as future and my ? big krit would say, just last week http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579196

i know some of u will say thats an aberration, but lets not act like a.i. was only defending the tyrone lue's of the world. if stressbrook the defender yall say he is, he'd be slowin even elite ? down like cp3 has these last few games at least
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing AI was guarding was passing lanes. FOH
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    oh so iverson was just some ? who lucked into steals? while westbrook be shuttin ? down?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    look like some of the same hustle westbrook be showin to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwkZqMLv3ng