Video: Oklahoma University Frat Shut Down After Video of Racist Chant Emerges...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
mediaite.com/online/frat-shut-down-after-video-of-racist-chant-emerges/
Frat Shut Down After Video of Racist Chant Emerges

The national headquarters of Sigma Alpha Epsilon shuttered its Oklahoma University chapter over the weekend after a video emerged appearing to show members enthusiastically engaged in a racist chant.

“There will never be a ? at SAE!” the formally-dressed members are seen chanting on a charter bus, followed by a reference to lynching. The video was first reported by The Daily Oklahoman after the paper received an anonymous tip.

“I was not only shocked and disappointed but disgusted by the outright display of racism displayed in the video,” the frat’s national leader Brad Cohen said in a statement Monday. “When we learned about this incident, I called an immediate board meeting, and we determined with no mental reservation whatsoever that this chapter needed to be closed immediately. I am proud of my fellow board members because we mean what we say.”

Cohen added that all members of the fraternity were suspended and that some may be removed from the frat.

OU president David Boren also promised an investigation into the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_CTHZn0Xg

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I'm already arguing with racists on our local news FB page.

"But what about black people? They have exclusive black fraternities"

The justification is mind bottling.
  • Kat
    Options
    Especially this particular fraternity.

I would be so ashamed as a parent of one of these boys, but then again I guess they learned it somewhere.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    put away your "are we shocked" and join the finger pointing... it fun...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

I would be so ashamed as a parent of one of these boys, but then again I guess they learned it somewhere.

i just wonder why they dont get all brave and behave like this in front of black people tho?
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

i just wonder why they dont get all brave and behave like this in front of black people tho?

they do when the numbers are in their favor...
  • Kat
    Options

You know the answer to that.

These boys are scary and essentially looking to join a 'gang' of likeminded boys. Strength (and bravery) in numbers.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lifetime ban with enforced community service within a black neighborhood is justice served.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inb4

"What about black on black crime?"

"How can we expect another race to treat us with respect if we don't respect one another?"

And all that other ? .

But still I'm not surprised.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lifetime ban with enforced community service within a black neighborhood is justice served.

They got their whole chapter shut down so that's something. All that ? they had to shove up their ass was for nothing now. nh
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not surprising, these crackers are the descendents of the crackers that burnt down Greenwood.
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

They got their whole chapter shut down so that's something. All that ? they had to shove up their ass was for nothing now. nh

yeah, but you know how to goes, after some years go by they'll try and bring them back
  • Kat
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

They got shut down but the frat president already said that 'hopefully they can bring the chapter back with a new group of young men in the future" i.e. a new group of ignorance.

No way these boys don't know the history of this fraternity..why would you seek to join this particular organization unless you embrace ignorance or being linked to it?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmP4Gb2pEsY
  • Focal Point
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmP4Gb2pEsY

see we need to just show up to rallies in very large numbers let's see how buck they get then
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had police protection as they moved out of the frat house too? Interesting
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    It's Oklahoma. Are we really shocked?

Just saying its Oklahoma are we shocked is a little off.

It's america are we really shocked should have been the question?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You white people make me sick
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure chants like that are passed down their fraternal lineage, so it's not a rogue group of kids.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been at the point now where its like nothing white people do surprises me....they'll do stuff like this and turn around and say it was a joke.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Racist except for a few hrs on Saturdays