...And still no ? will be given...

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last wale song I intentionally listened to was pretty girls in 09'
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does he feel he needs an explanation as to why people don't ? with his music? If ? don't like it they don't like it just do you.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs to focus on the art. Just do it for the love of the art and people will respect that more than anything.

People change like the weather, so trying to plead for their love and respect is pointless....just focus on the music.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dont get ppl saying he's sensitive. He's an artist of course he's gonna feel so strongly about the reception his material gets. Not everybody is the "either you like it or you dont...." kind of artist. Thing with Wale is he just needs to get over the idea of "being a new legend" mindset. Thats the same ? Big Sean does. Ironic considering nobody ever clowns Big Sean for acting out the same way its just not as loud as when Wale does it.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate when ? who already got an audience complain about not getting love or being respected. He's already famous and in the public eye, he just makes hella underwhelming moves. What does he want to be a super celebrity, to suddenly get attention for being boring? Wale loses on all fronts
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I don't understand the Wale hate.

yea he just puts his foot in his mouth sometimes....like this thread will have more folks than the album thread b/c of the head line and the fact that this the type of ? he's known for.

it seems like he just constantly feeds the trolls but i guess the ? just can't help himself b/c he's a over sensitive ?

Bingo...just hit the nail on the head.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    You probably should quote the rest of that because out of context that quote is tucked up. He did also say he go no issue with people not liking his music he just prefers an actual explanation behind it.

See now this is ? up when you only get half the story. Never trust what you read these days.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Whale is the dude who ask you for your objective opinion but get mad when you disagree with him LOLOL SMMFH.

Put it in a rap, stop holding your tongue and make quality music. It didn't work on Interscope, it didn't work on RocNation, it's not workin on MMG anymore, what more do you want son ? He needs to switch the flow, find a consistent producer and come with a new movement.

J.Cole is speaking out about social injustices, Kendrick is telling you to think about yourself and respect yourself and love being black to uplift yourself and your community, Big Sean is telling you to live your dreams and anything is possible, Drake is sensitive to the "pressure of fame". What does Whale promote ? That's the problem....

He still on Roc Nation....and still got Jay going to bat for him talking about Wale is going to be great one day....Wale promotes exactly what he does in his interviews. Somebody who is insecure and reflective and overly aware of the things people say and do around him. It ain't hard to get it's either you like it or it annoys you
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's the rap Alex Rodriquez.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I don't understand the Wale hate.
    CJ wrote: »
    I respect dude

this and this, although i think his music is right up there. he doesnt help himself by sayin "but but but i wanna be liked like them" just need to do him n ? the rest, it SHOULD take care of itself. ? it was a few years ago easily imo. he comes off like a whiner and gives his haters(at least on here) some credibility
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whale is the dude who ask you for your objective opinion but get mad when you disagree with him LOLOL SMMFH.

Put it in a rap, stop holding your tongue and make quality music. It didn't work on Interscope, it didn't work on RocNation, it's not workin on MMG anymore, what more do you want son ? He needs to switch the flow, find a consistent producer and come with a new movement.

J.Cole is speaking out about social injustices, Kendrick is telling you to think about yourself and respect yourself and love being black to uplift yourself and your community, Big Sean is telling you to live your dreams and anything is possible, Drake is sensitive to the "pressure of fame". What does Whale promote ? That's the problem....

"I'm trying to catch up to all those other guys but everyone except me is holding me back... plus I like sneakers and Instagram models posing as hipster chicks".
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Years ago the IC were hyping Wale. Now you all speak about him like he's a loser.

Never checked his music so I don't know if its warranted. Hilarious nonetheless.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a point tho..... Folk will overrated rappers ? they like and throw salt his way cuz he emotional. Kendrick could put ot mediocre ? and it will get elevated while Wale and Drake can put out a good project and it will get downplayed cuz they soft. Had Wale dropped this album before he was affiliated with Ross best believe the same folk talking ? would big up it.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wales last album was on par if not better than Coles in my opinion but on here folk wouldnt admit it and just had nothing but jokes.