***Great Deal**** New version of Best Buys Gamers Club

Options
Negro_Caesar
Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had to let you ? know. I just found out.
Membership for one of the best clubs around – the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked program – is now just $30.

The club had been $99.99 for a two-year membership. But beginning March 8, it costs just $30 to become a member for two years.

Here are the top-notch perks:

20 percent off new physical video game software (After just three new titles, the membership has paid for itself)10 percent bonus trade-in credit on video game software10 percent off pre-owned video game software2x My Best Buy points for every dollar spent on new video game software, digital gaming and game accessories2 My Best Buy points for every dollar of video game software traded inSpecial one-time-use welcome couponsExclusive offers

Bonus: Even amiibos are 20 percent off with Gamers Club Unlocked.

Why the great deal? Gamers are among Best Buy’s most dedicated customers and while Gamers Club Unlocked was already popular and well-regarded in the gaming community, we wanted it to be even more accessible.

And with so many anticipated titles coming out this year – i.e. Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo 5, Mortal Kombat X, The Elder Scrolls Online, and more – there’s no better time to become a member.

Beginning March 8, signing up for just $30 is as simple as visiting any Best Buy store or BestBuy.com.

Comments

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thing is you cannot sign up for this online though I just read the terms on it. If I could I would have already canceled my pre-order of MK X from amazon and signed up on best buy then pre-ordered on there instead.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    ? The site shows the card to buy online
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    ? The site shows the card to buy online

You can buy the card online, but you have to activate it in store.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Oh yeah i c who gives a ? . 20% off is worth it
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    So is it any new game?? Like if I want to buy advanced warfare I'll have the 20% off ?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    So is it any new game?? Like if I want to buy advanced warfare I'll have the 20% off ?

Yeah. Any game that has never been ooen is considered new
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol me @KillaCham and @PimpMVP been using some ? GCU membership for a minute
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

And didnt throw nobody on?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

And didnt throw nobody on?

? i posted it in the bllack friday thread foreverybody
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best buy gcu is worth every penny.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    Options

Be better off getting your own if you can. Missing out on those reward points. Adds up real fast even if you don't buy a lot of games. Can't sleep on the trade in bonuses they have either.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Be better off getting your own if you can. Missing out on those reward points. Adds up real fast even if you don't buy a lot of games. Can't sleep on the trade in bonuses they have either.

we didnt have to pay for the membership though
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't pay for mine. Came with my Xbox during that deal they were having last September. I don't even use it much since I have gamefly so if anybody want that code hit the PM bruhs
  • dogfromduckhunt
    Options
    Good deal going right now if you're buying MKX. Get a $15 gift card and a $10 reward cert if you order them all at once(MK, GCU membership and the gift card).
  • willhustle
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm a get into this program either by the end of the month or starting next month. I would have tried this with Arkham Knight but I checked best buy online and they don't have any collectors editions in stock. So I'm keeping the current order I already have for AK.

I am getting tired of paying $60 bucks for new releases & I really don't like dealing with Gamestop because of their trade-in rip-offs/business practices in general. As of right now, MK X & Arkham Knight are the only 2 games I see worth paying full price for because 2015 is looking like 2014 with the release date pushbacks.

Edit: I just said ? it this morning and went online and gave up the $30 for this. When I sat down and thought about it I said this doesn't hurt to try this for 2 years & discounted at that. I normally get the majority of my games from amazon but I get tired of being charged shipping for release date deliveries and I'm not getting ready to pay $100 w/tax for amazon prime membership either because I just think it ridiculous.
  • willhustle
    Options
  • willhustle
    Options
    For anybody that has the Gamers Club Unlocked membership did any of you have problems with it not being activated correctly?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    WiseGuyy wrote: »
    I didn't pay for mine. Came with my Xbox during that deal they were having last September. I don't even use it much since I have gamefly so if anybody want that code hit the PM bruhs

Lemme get that, so I dont gotta worry about using some other ? ? without his consent lol
  • willhustle
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm just say this about this "deal" I went online and ordered the 2 membership card & went to the store yesterday for activation. I called best buy this morning to find out if my membership was activated properly it wasn't and they told me I would have to wait 7-10 days for my benefits to show up. I'm a wait to see what happen but the hassle you have to go through isn't worth it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    For anybody that has the Gamers Club Unlocked membership did any of you have problems with it not being activated correctly?

Nope. Was working for me by the time I got to my car. Heard that sometimes the people at the register ? up which barcode they're supposed to scan and that messes some people up.
  • willhustle
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

Nope. Was working for me by the time I got to my car. Heard that sometimes the people at the register ? up which barcode they're supposed to scan and that messes some people up.

Idk why they would put to bar codes on the card to start with 1 should be enough. smh
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This was a great investment
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    WiseGuyy wrote: »

Lemme get that, so I dont gotta worry about using some other ? ? without his consent lol

• MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im gonna try it out b/c anything has to be better than GameStop or Play N trade
  • willhustle
    Options
    I won't be doing this again. When I went in-store to have it activated they didn't do it correctly and when I call about it last week they said it 7-10 days. Today I get e-mail from them saying I have to come back to the store to have it activated again. Makes no damn sense at all.