Star Wars: Battlefront (November 17) (PS4 & Xbox One)

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in IllGaming
star-wars-battlefront-box-art-ps4.jpeg

Star Wars: Battlefront first in-game screenshot has been leaked ahead of game's official scheduled reveal on April 17. You can check out the screenshot below, it looks absolutely stunning, and DICE has confirmed that its an actual gameplay screenshot not a cinematic one.

star-wars-battlefront-screenshot.jpg

In addition to this, a debut teaser trailer of Star Wars: Battlefront featuring 10 seconds of actual gameplay, exact release date and official box art has been leaked as well. According to details discovered in the source code of Star Wars Battlefront official website, the game will launch on November 17 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

You can watch the debut 10 secs teaser gameplay trailer of Star Wars: Battlefront below.

https://youtu.be/AwAIjnVnwUE

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that wasn't gameplay.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trailer is dope. Wanna see if it stacks up to the first two though. Between this and the trailer for the film though, it makes me want to play the second one. It might be a good year to be a nerd.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Battlefront" will focus on frenzied shoot-outs between up to 40 players portraying Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire forces. In a demonstration of the game's multiplayer mode, a team of jetpack-equipped rebels were shown carving their way through the woodsy Endor while Stormtroopers charged at them on foot, on speeders and within walkers, including a hulking AT-AT war machine.

Other locales teased in game footage included the snowy Hoth, sandy Tatooine and gooey Sullust, a lava-spewing planet referenced in 1983's "Return of the Jedi," as well as many "Star Wars" games and novels, but rarely ever seen. "Battlefront" won't solely be centered on expendable ground troops. The game will reward sharpshooters with the ability to embody such iconic characters as bounty hunter Boba Fett and Sith baddie Darth Vader on the battlefield.

"You can storm in as the Dark Lord himself," said "Battlefront" design director Niklas Fegraeus. "You can wield a lightsaber. You can Force choke the rebel ? , which is fun. Basically, you are the boss of the battle. This means that you, as Vader, can lead your team to victory — if you play well."

The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground and air combat.

"We wanted it to feel authentic to this universe," said "Battlefront" executive producer Patrick Bach. "You can get into these vehicles, from speeder bikes to X-wings, TIE fighters, AT-STs, AT-ATs. There's a wide range of vehicles that we wanted to realize. The difficulty with a game is that they need to be balanced with the troops on the ground."

"Battlefront" will also include a free downloadable level available two weeks before "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opens in theaters Dec. 18. It's set on Jakku, the battle-scarred desert planet glimpsed in "Force Awakens" teasers. The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave.

"You never get to see it in the new movie, so it was this brilliant opportunity to recreate the Battle of Jakku, which you only see the remnants of in the movie," said Bach. "In the game, you actually get to play the Battle of Jakku. It's the same place from the new movie but 30 years earlier."

Additional Info:
    -Has two player splitscreen
    -It sounds like there isn't a traditional campaign and something more akin to spec-ops from CoD
    -Modes vary from 8 players to 40 players
    -You can toggle between first and third person
    -There's flyable vehicles but no space battles
    -The 7 minute demo was on PS4, but there's no mention of the forthcoming trailer platform
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mmm!

Having a jet pack>
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no space battles wtf
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im glad they decided to focus soley on multiplayer, ? get 100's of hours out of mp so that was a great call.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope it has heroes and villians. thats the realistic visuals i've seen in any star wars game. i have fond memories of battle front 2 i still have my copy. i might hook up the ps2 and have a couple rounds.
  • Karl.
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Im glad they decided to focus soley on multiplayer, ? get 100's of hours out of mp so that was a great call.

Didn't really work out for Titanfall though.
  • reapin505
    Options
    No campaign, no space battles, 3 or 4 maps. Yeah I'm good with playing this.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    No campaign, no space battles, 3 or 4 maps. Yeah I'm good with playing this.

no clone wars either. rumor has it that all of this would be added in the DLC. but what was so hard about adding it to the initial release? EA and DICE ? up
  • reapin505
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What was so hard (NH)was ea being money hungry again. I miss expansions for games, ? all the dlc. You can never get a full game anymore
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Here's the full trailer they revealed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

darth vader got the gold chain on he bout to drop some bars
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Titanfall mp didnt work for Titanfall either. You cant tell me if tf had a campaign ? would still be playing it. If call of duty and battlefield didnt have an campaign ? would still play them ? for years.
  • Karl.
    Options

Titanfall mp didnt work for Titanfall either. You cant tell me if tf had a campaign ? would still be playing it. If call of duty and battlefield didnt have an campaign ? would still play them ? for years.

The multiplayer worked really well. They just released it too early and relied too much on DLC and updates which is what seems to be happening here.

• The Recipe
    Options

The multiplayer worked really well. They just released it too early and relied too much on DLC and updates which is what seems to be happening here.

We will have to see when it drops then. I personally havent finished a campaign in a fps since mw2 so it dont matter to me.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Titanfall MP was legit. ? was fun. Just wasn't enough.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will be BF and HL, just with a Star Wars theme. I predict the copy and paste feel is gonna be prominent. Plus I'm seeing too much hype for this game and without any real footage of the final product.

imnuff.jpg
  • Karl.
    Options
    Has so much potential though. They got all the cool characters, environments and weapons already done for them.

• Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this ? coming out on PC??
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Star Wars Battlefront Features 12 Multiplayer Maps

Star Wars Battlefront will boast 12 multiplayer maps when the game launches this holiday season.

On the Star Wars Battlefront website, EA and DICE revealed the multiplayer map tally while discussing the creation of planet Sullust for Star Wars Battlefront. Sullust, which previously was only mentioned in Return of the Jedi, joins other confirmed locations Endor, Hoth and Tatooine as settings for arenas in the multiplayer-centric action game.

In regard to Sullust, there are mentions (though not confirmed) that the lava planet may host four of the maps, based on various themes. "The overall look and feel for Sullust is very much Imperial and under construction, playing in locations within the planet such as a lava theme, sulfur theme, Death Star-inspired theme and lastly a mine theme," reads the EA and DICE blog post.

Previously, Star Wars Battlefront producer Jesper Nielsen had confirmed that there would be more than eight maps in the game. Now, it's confirmed there are 12 multiplayer maps at launch, with two more free maps on the way afterward with the Battle of Jakku DLC.

EA and DICE also hinted at a close-quarters combat mode when talking about the 12 launch maps. While some maps are designed for larger-scale battles like the Walker Assault mode, there are others "tailored to more intimate, close-quarters combat," according to the companies.

With Star Wars Battlefront planned for a November release, EA and DICE will presumably pull back the curtain on much more of the action game at E3. EA is holding its hour-long press conference June 15.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? becomes diamonds aa more info drops
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this first person or 3rd?