Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's true there jealous of light skin/mixed
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    This is a female problem because women are shallow, jealous, and have vanity issues.

Not all women

And for the women who do have "vanity issues" could it be because society attaches high value to beautiful women, and a man's ability to attain one of his own.

Not all women but a lot of women, most women. Stop blaming society women are vain because of their own mental issues.

Society isn't conspiring to give you beauty issues.

Lack of malicious intent doesn't means nothing

And women with these issues dont come out the ? overly concerned with the way they look lol

Lack of intent means you can't shift responsibility. The women with these issues have no one to blame but themselves and their own personal situation.

No one can make you feel ugly or make you feel prettier than someone else
  • zzombie
    Options
    Aye a talented one You have something you want to say to me
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    This is a female problem because women are shallow, jealous, and have vanity issues.

Not all women

And for the women who do have "vanity issues" could it be because society attaches high value to beautiful women, and a man's ability to attain one of his own.

Elucidate cos this post makes no sense

post is pretty straight forward

when we live in a male dominated world that puts beautiful women on a pedestal....where long hair, big butts, light colored eyes have become social currency ... its not surprising girls grow up believing that their looks largely determines their worth ... especially when they see little that suggest differently

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can agree to a certain extent.

I've been called a 'half breed' and a 'pretty mulatto girl' but I don't have a problem making friends.
    If a dark skinned woman doesn't want to be my friend, SHE has low self esteem. Not me.

I believe that this woman was open and honest about her experiences.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why me and Chuck don't get along
  • desertrain10
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    That chick wrote in a way that was completely honest to herself and experiences. And she acknowledged her own bias' and their origin.
    I understand it's more fashionable when the argument is the other way around, doesn't mean her pov doesn't have insight on how ? is by and large.

even though i think it feeds into this popular, false narrative of woman's evilness to one another which never rang true from my experiences

i can cosign this

largely to no fault of our own, many of us in the blk community are hung up on color

and whether its intentional or not, i'm sure for some can be a roadblock in relating/empathizing with one another ...things key for a lasting, sincere friendship

the biggest problem imho is much of the anger, blame associated with colorism is misdirected ....if that makes sense

• zzombie
    Options
    If you have low self-esteem then it's your ? fault. I know objectively ugly ? that are happy married and living life to the fullest with friends

If your mentally weak ass cannot achieve the same then who do you want to blame for that??? Black men, society, fashion magazines
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That chick wrote in a way that was completely honest to herself and experiences. And she acknowledged her own bias' and their origin.
    I understand it's more fashionable when the argument is the other way around, doesn't mean her pov doesn't have insight on how ? is by and large.

even though i think it feeds into this popular, false narrative of woman's evilness to one another which never rang true from my experiences

i can cosign this

largely to no fault of our own, many of us in the blk community are hung up on color

and whether its intentional or not, i'm sure for some can be a roadblock in relating/empathizing with one another ...things key for a lasting, sincere friendship

the biggest problem imho is much of the anger, blame associated with colorism is misdirected ....if that makes sense

That we (yall) direct the anger at other Blacks rather than those that created and continually perpetuate the phenomenon? Yea, your statement makes sense. Unfortunately it seems Black people feed far more into it than Whites do now
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have low self-esteem then it's your ? fault. I know objectively ugly ? that are happy married and living life to the fullest with friends

If your mentally weak ass cannot achieve the same then who do you want to blame for that??? Black men, society, fashion magazines

You can't tell a weak ? that.

I had to cut ties with this girl because she refused to keep herself up, ? wit ? (not men, ? ) in relationships, and then tell me that I don't know the struggle. I told that hoe she was right. I gaf about myself and the way that I look and I'm not ? with no broke ? in a relationship. All of it sounded ass backwards to me.

But, she had an ugly personality. And that ? can be toxic to yourself and everyone around you. Nobody has time to cater to a ? 's ego. Especially an ugly one.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lawd have merci,Miss me with this garbagem
    this is classic conquer n divide , by white supremacist.
    with the aide of a bed ? ? chick...
    This is so ridiculos, i can't even like dude, wow.

As a reader u can clearly see her intention as a writer.

. When I speak of jealousy, I don't necessarily mean jealousy from darker women toward lighter ones. I've been jealous of those with richer, darker skin, those with almond eyes and wavy, fuller hair. In fact, every time I see a gaggle of darker black girlfriends I can't help but long for their camaraderie, their sincere compatibility.

Over the years, I've had numerous friendships with black women of all shades but only a precious few resulted in true amity and enlightenment. Sadly, most of these "friendships" were beset with backstabbing, hurtful rumors and instances of fierce rivalry from both sides. Have I ever encountered these same headaches with my non-black girlfriends? Of course, but black women have disappointed me in far larger numbers than white women. Could it be my fault that I don't have black social circles? Likely.
    This is a ? ? ...

????
    Somebody explain the bolded.
    Isnt that what all ppl go through? especially women.
    Hence, the older u get the smaller ya circle???

She's out here cooning, nothing less nothing more.

Her monkey ass should link up with the dark skin activist ? ,n tag team jump of a bridge.
    This the year ? are getting excommunicated... We gotta weed em out, so we can grow.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women are haters at the core. No denying that.

Yall go thru more friends like socks

Yall be like that's why I got more men friends then women.

Women are haters and my opinion will never change.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

i can cosign this

That we (yall) direct the anger at other Blacks rather than those that created and continually perpetuate the phenomenon? Yea, your statement makes sense. Unfortunately it seems Black people feed far more into it than Whites do now

Yea but i cant say the anger is misdirected if a person of color consciously perpetuates the narrative or fails to acknowledge that light skin privilege exist when its painfully clear that it does

I strongly believe we are largely products of our genes and environment, but taking responsibility for our action or inaction is important too

And whites are still the biggest perpetrators.... obviously colorism is the child of white supremacy...than white controlled media/entertainment industry tends to depict darker skinned blks in a negative light ...and there have been countless studies that but conclude white ppl view lighter skinned blks as more attractive, more intelligent than their darker skinned counterparts...which can explain why lighter skinned blks, for ex, receive lighter prison sentences for the same crime as darker skinned blks... its just rarely talked about nowadays
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing is hard for women in ? country.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not hard to be friends with dark skinned women. It is however, hard to be friends with insecure people.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I might come from a family that replaced the usual New Year's Day celebratory dinner of collard greens and black-eyed peas with quiche Florentine..."

Perhaps your differences are deeper than skin color... an issue she's meticuously dodged throughout her fluff-filled, self-serving narrative...
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear I only hear this type of ? narrative from light skinned women. Some have this elitest attitude and swear that all eyes are on them at all times....the funny part about it though is it's usually the less attractive ones that perpetuate this ? . Never hear any dark chick's commenting on somebody's light skinnedness.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this ? is all the way wack and she looks like a lame. That's probably why she ain't got no friends...cuz she's a mufuckin lame.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ nggas sayin pass

You aint gotta lie to kick it my nggaaaa lls

Kim-Lute-Black-Women-Colorism-378x560.jpg

myturn-kim-lute-MY01-vl-vertical.jpg

Mmm! All in her confused awkward ? guts
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Lol @ nggas sayin pass

You aint gotta lie to kick it my nggaaaa lls

Kim-Lute-Black-Women-Colorism-378x560.jpg

myturn-kim-lute-MY01-vl-vertical.jpg

Mmm! All in her confused awkward ? guts

Desperately in need of collard greens and black eyed peas...

...the collard greens with the ham hocks...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    This is the writer:

Kim-Lute-600x450.jpg

Pass

Can't cosign this fam. It ain't like she's ugly (outwardly). I'd smash tha ? outta her insecure ass, then mind ? her just to leave her even more confused