King Alfred Plan in Full Effect:1.5 million black men "missing."

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humans are animals (mammal group)

Raccoons are extremely intelligent and adapt to many situations.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like what? Not getting hit by a car coming directly at it...FOH
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol, underestimating
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I read this days ago, huge reach in logic. First of all ? ain't "missing" they either dead or in prison somebody knows where they are. Saying they are "missing" implies kidnapping or some other measure.

Second to call it genocide, when the highest killers of black men are black men and health issues is an affront to genocide the world over

? "logic"
    Dispute it

nowhere in any definition of genocide does it say it must be the number 1 cause of death. Take your ? semantics argument elsewhere
    Lol so let's ignore the top 2 killers of black males....

Is that what this article /thread is about? And why do you thibk homicide is the number killer oF black men?

The article is about "missing" black men as far as the census is concerned and ratio to black women.

When ? aren't "missing" but either dead or locked up the logic falls apart. They are dying and being incarerated at an accelerated rate, that's a verifiable fact.

Looking at incarceration most of that is nonviolent offenders, a legit argument can be made here but when you talk about death...the actually loss of life the term "genocide" doesn't apply as of 2011 via the CDC:
    Black Males, All Ages Percent*
    1) Heart disease 23.8
    2) Cancer 23.1
    3) Unintentional injuries 5.7
    4) Stroke 4.8
    5) Homicide 4.6
    6) Diabetes 4.1
    7) Chronic lower respiratory diseases 3.2
    8) Kidney disease 2.6
    9) ? disease 1.9
    10) Septicemia
    http://www.cdc.gov/men/lcod/2011/index.htm

The first four are health related, more often in older black males. Homicide is the number one killer of young black males 15-34
    (2)

of that black males ? each other at MUCH higher rates than anyone else kills us (3)

So If you gonna buy into any of this "genocide" nonsense then the implication is that Blacks commit genocide on themselves.

Heaven forbid any of these idiots decide to add abortion to this list.

Furthermore, if we say that these "missing" individuals are a problem (which it is) then it stands to reason that you should look at the root causes in order to alleviate said problem.

Maybe its not genocide, but i think we can all agree america is a hostile environment for black men...which is the overall theme of the article...semantics aside

Don't get me wrong u make some good points

But even the violence and the poor health outcomes in the blk community can be traced directly back to racial discrimination, failed policy making, poverty, and inequality sited in the article

Did u read the article?

Or maybe im the slow one lol

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Animal intelligence is relative. You can't judge a monkey on his ability to be human, it's like trying to get lemon juice from an apple.

Animals have shown abilities that are in humans, like being self-aware (elephants have shown to be self-aware).
    http://youtu.be/g5LfYHJWUtE

Animals have adapted to us changing their ecosystem as well. Raccoons are a great example of that, so are mice, rats, rabbits and squirrels.

Just because they don't do algebra doesn't mean they "stupid". Most animals are very intelligent and complex creatures.
  • desertrain10
    edited April 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    killing each other in the hoods.
    cops killing random black men.
    abortion and race mixing

I hope no one takes this the wrong way---then again idgaf---but lets be real, nggas killin nggas trumps all those other reasons by far. And thats not a 'what about black on black crime' comment. Thats just raw facts

You gotta keep in mind for the numbers to look like they do NOW, those seeds were planted a generatin ago.

You're talkin 80s Chicago, 90s ? epidemic, NY and DC, Rayful Edmund, Bloods n Crips, etc, etc. It takes a generation, or better yet 15-25 years, for those chickens to come home to roost statistically

Yall talking in circles

And a great deal of the killings stem from poverty, the war on drugs a racist policy used to incarcerate millions of blk men

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

I hope no one takes this the wrong way---then again idgaf---but lets be real, nggas killin nggas trumps all those other reasons by far. And thats not a 'what about black on black crime' comment. Thats just raw facts

You gotta keep in mind for the numbers to look like they do NOW, those seeds were planted a generatin ago.

You're talkin 80s Chicago, 90s ? epidemic, NY and DC, Rayful Edmund, Bloods n Crips, etc, etc. It takes a generation, or better yet 15-25 years, for those chickens to come home to roost statistically

Yall talking in circles

And a great deal of the killings stem from poverty, the war on drugs a racist policy used to incarcerate millions of blk men

Then if you understand and acknowlwdge that nggas been killin nggas---regardleas of the reason---what 'circles' do you speak of?

Pretty cut n dry, nggas wild out in the 80s and 90s and now the numbers are what they are.
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These chicks have no choice but to be cooperative with a man with means but a lot of them still don't so they'll continue to struggle.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man....i know one of yall African brothers on here can tell a story about what its like having multiple wives. Like the whole dynamics of that type of set up. Cuz this ? @BOSSExcellence glamourizing that life, but I dont think you doing it right lol.

Even though I dont agree with it, Polight be speaking truth sometimes. Could you pull this off P? Lol

http://youtu.be/CztDKNFTIAs

Humans get hit by cars but we are suppose to be intelligent. Didn't a poster's grandma get hit by a car a few months ago. ? happens.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many black people having kids just because, and not doing the other part of the job, raising them.

Results in ? doing some of the dumbest ? , and getting themselves locked up. The police hardly have to frame them at all.

(And if you grew up in a middle class home and area, ? about this, there are some dumb ? in the hood, that consistently do dumb ? )
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Animal intelligence is relative. You can't judge a monkey on his ability to be human, it's like trying to get lemon juice from an apple.

Animals have shown abilities that are in humans, like being self-aware (elephants have shown to be self-aware).
    http://youtu.be/g5LfYHJWUtE

Animals have adapted to us changing their ecosystem as well. Raccoons are a great example of that, so are mice, rats, rabbits and squirrels.

Just because they don't do algebra doesn't mean they "stupid". Most animals are very intelligent and complex creatures.

No argument here @ the bold. However:

All animals ADAPT, that is simple evolution. If something is killing you (i.e. a car coming full speed at you) you get the ? out the way to survive, or die. That's adapting, survival of the fittest. However, that's a natural response, that is not reason/logic, which is what separates us from other animals on this planet.

Adaptation is a natural response, like intuition, but intelligence, and even further, logic, is a learned behavior. That's why we have DUMB MFs on earth.

It's a popular belief in Science that all animals derived from a common ancestor, so of course we share traits. But if you are OK with comparing YOUR level of intelligence to that of a rat, mouse, raccoon...then you, my brother, are stupid.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kevin-in-disbelief-gif.gif

Y'all really turned this thread into some Discovery Channel ? .
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BOSSExcellence straight ignored my cool a** tho lol...
  • desertrain10
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

Yall talking in circles

Then if you understand and acknowlwdge that nggas been killin nggas---regardleas of the reason---what 'circles' do you speak of?

Pretty cut n dry, nggas wild out in the 80s and 90s and now the number reflect that

The violence didn't happen within a vacuum

My point being it all (gang violence, high incarceration rates, poor health outcomes) stems from bad policy, bigotry, poverty, institutionalized racism, etc

We address these things, the numbers will begin to turn around

Hence why i feel the language used by the author of the article was appropriate

Not only that a blk man is more likely to be imprisoned than murdered....at least the last 20 years this has been the case
  • Focal Point
    Options

Solving garbage can locks, outsmarting human and dog hunters, and stealing what you thought you had protected.
  • Focal Point
    Options
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

Solving garbage can locks, outsmarting human and dog hunters, and stealing what you thought you had protected.

If this is reasoning/logic to you...you are a very BASIC brother
  • Focal Point
    Options

If this is reasoning/logic to you...you are a very BASIC brother

My point simply stated was other animals like raccoons reason and are intelligent and can think things out. If there able to figure out locks on garbage cans, I'd call that using logic. Apes have been known to create tools to get ants and termites out of small difficult places to reach.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    My brother, @Focal Point

Check out Bloom's Taxonomy...Tell me where the animals you mentioned fit in and where YOU as a human fit. If those levels are equal, you should read more.

You are also aware that Humans evolved from Apes, right?
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok we went from talking about this crisis in our community and solutions to fix it to bear gif. Lol only in the ic.
  • Focal Point
    Options
    My brother, @Focal Point

Check out Bloom's Taxonomy...Tell me where the animals you mentioned fit in and where YOU as a human fit. If those levels are equal, you should read more.

Humans evolved from an ape like creature that we share with the great apes. And at the end of the day we were discussing the ability to reason not a level cap
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    My brother, @Focal Point

Humans evolved from an ape like creature that we share with the great apes. And at the end of the day we were discussing the ability to reason not a level cap

You obviously dont know what Bloom's is about

There are advanced levels of THINKING, reasoning being HIGHER than simply understanding
    And humans evolved from apes bro and advanced with technology and REASON
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol nah..
    jus didnt watch the video..

my attention span is too short..
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol nah..
    jus didnt watch the video..

my attention span is too short..

This guy haha ight bro
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abortion and race mixing

Yall talking in circles

Pretty cut n dry, nggas wild out in the 80s and 90s and now the number reflect that

The violence didn't happen within a vacuum

My point being it all (gang violence, high incarceration rates, poor health outcomes) stems from bad policy, bigotry, poverty, institutionalized racism, etc

We address these things, the numbers will begin to turn around

Hence why i feel the language used by the author of the article was appropriate

Not only that a blk man is more likely to be imprisoned than murdered....at least the last 20 years this has been the case

This is my issue with your point of view, bad policy, bigotry, institutionalized rtoday , etc, all depends on going to the majority to help fix... We can do things today to stop that. But you depend to much on the powers that be for change.