Let's talk about the eventual Michael Jackson biopic...

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
Put on your Hollywood hat for a minute.

You're making a MJ biopic. This man is not just a music legend, but a worldwide cultural icon in every sense of the word. As polarizing as he is, you would almost be a fool not to cash in on a movie based on his life.

Is there anything you omit? The child abuse allegations? The Pepsi fire? The baby over the balcony? Lisa Marie Presley? Joe Jackson? His skin condition and ? transformation? Doctor Conrad Murray?

Keep in mind, whether you include this stuff or avoid it, you're bound to ? people off.

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lisa Marie Presley, that ? is irrelevant. You can't act like the child abuse allegations didnt happen, that was part of the media agenda to tear him down.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You kinda gotta address everything tho. But some parts of his life don't really need an extensive period of time on screen. Only the key parts of his life. Whether it's his start in the music biz as a child, his solo career, child abuse allegation, leading up to his death.

Those things would have to be addressed whether it makes folks uncomfortable or not. Hell I was shocked as hell they addressed MLK's infedelity in "Selma", but glad they did tho. B/c as great of a man MLK was, he still had his flaws. The biggest issue will be gettin permission from his family/estate. Then casting the right actor. Dancing skills has to be FLAWLESS. Gotta have a lil singing skills, but you can use MJ'voice for that for most of the songs featured (i.e. Chad Boswick in "Get On Up").

Other than that, a great script, and a great director who doesn't mind takin those risks by addressing the issues mentioned, you should have a great movie...Hopefully
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you get this topic form AMC Movie news? I love that show lol
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no real need for one , his life is well documented.

The Jacksons tv movie was adequate.

Huh? That movies ends right as Thriller is about to blow.

I do think Jacksons: An American Dream covers The Jackson 5 era just fine, no need to rehash any of that. They gloss over Off The Wall in that movie tho, so I say start from there.

Him and Quincy meeting, him trying to get away from Joe and his brothers, onto Thriller, Bad...right up until his death. And yea, you include everything. His bizarre marriages, the molestation charges, the transformation of his looks. But there would need to be alot more in depth info than just that stuff. MJ was such a huge media figure that we already know alot.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gotta bring back Flex Alexander. He was iconic in that lifetime film.

tumblr_inline_n7by78WeBr1ryd6e0.jpg

the-michael-jackson-story-man-in-the-mirror-2004-dvd-8b0de.jpg

enhanced-28236-1401204416-5.png

Facts.

This movie was the greatest anything, ever.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What white woman is going to play him is the question
  • soul rattler
    Options
    afromo wrote: »
    Did you get this topic form AMC Movie news? I love that show lol

Hell yeah. I watch it daily.
    There is no real need for one , his life is well documented.

The Jacksons tv movie was adequate.

No real need? How about hundreds of millions of dollars in box office, DVD, and merchandising?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    They gotta bring back Flex Alexander. He was iconic in that lifetime film.

tumblr_inline_n7by78WeBr1ryd6e0.jpg

the-michael-jackson-story-man-in-the-mirror-2004-dvd-8b0de.jpg

enhanced-28236-1401204416-5.png

Facts.

Lifetime biopics are more comedy than actual events
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Flex movie was the worst ? I ever seen
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from the time he announced his last tour until his day he died, that's the story the movie should tell. then certain experiences he went through during that would would take him back to past occurrences in his life (flashbacks to his childhood, thriller and the prime of his career, child molestation allegations and trials, etc.)

there's so much to talk about, you can't include everything but the story can be straight if the right people are behind it
  • soul rattler
    Options
    from the time he announced his last tour until his day he died, that's the story the movie should tell. then certain experiences he went through during that would would take him back to past occurrences in his life (flashbacks to his childhood, thriller and the prime of his career, child molestation allegations and trials, etc.)

there's so much to talk about, you can't include everything but the story can be straight if the right people are behind it

In a 2 1/2 hour movie? Why not?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just make the movie cgi.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    What white woman is going to play him is the question

Iggy

you goin to Black Hell for that one lol

tales-from-the-hood-19951.jpg
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its gotta be a trilogy then.

Take my money.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not a bad pitch.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just mad i got burned for This os It.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rlMLf6SgVuU

I forgot Terrance Howard was in this movie. Lol
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would you include his real voice.

Ive seen numerous interviews where they said MJ actually had a deep voice and the high pitched ? was apart of his public persona.

James Earl Jones as.... MJ's real voice
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/rlMLf6SgVuU

I forgot Terrance Howard was in this movie. Lol

Damn. Forgot just how good ole boy played MJ.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would you include his real voice.

Ive seen numerous interviews where they said MJ actually had a deep voice and the high pitched ? was apart of his public persona.

James Earl Jones as.... MJ's real voice

"Prince, Paris, Blanket.......

I am NOT your father!" [James Earl Jones voice]

luke-skywalker.gif?w=470
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I'd rather just see a doc. No actor will perfectly embody somebody that well known. These types of things only work when the general public isn't that familiar with them/their story.