• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    InB4 the hilarity.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When they filter him down like this. He's a ? Genius. No pauses, no this is what we do in harlem talk. Just Jewels, in pure form. And to answer the question at the end. I'll always put up my own money as long as my idea can be executed with my own money. If not, i'll either build to it, or if it's time sensitive, or some other circumstance, i'll borrow. Elon musk is a good example of an idea too big to put up your own money.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you ain't getting it out the streets or got a hook up for cash, following rule one is going to ruin everything. You need a stable income just to keep yourself a float and that 9 to 5 can be that ship. The rest is the usual stuff any self employed person will tell you.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This looks like some ? they compiled that Dame had nothing to do with. It was a good watch tho
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rule number 12

Don't give a ? about your kids.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rule 4 contradicts rule 1

Almost stopped listening after that...

Dame obviously still thinks it's the 80s-90s out here but ? aint gettin street money like they was back then so it's counter-productive to tell these youngins to lose the 9 to 5
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dame obviously still thinks it's the 80s-90s out here but ? aint gettin street money like they was back then so it's counter-productive to tell these youngins to lose the 9 to 5

when you work a 9-5 you get comfortable and complacent.

when you aint got no steady income...you go into survival mode
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Write down 1 objective and then add on.
  • _Lefty
    Options

@yellowtapesport
    Rule 1 is long term, Rule 4 is short term. Your hustle is a lot more healthy when it can stand on its own and grow without pressures of every day life. When you can be secure in using a business's profits to grow the business then the business stands a better chance to thrive. When you work a 9-5 forever, you're stuck in that 9-5 forever. You can either participate in the market, or be a slave to it, so if it's in you, why not be a participant. Getting out and gettin to it on your own is a long term thing, but you gotta pay your bills while whatever venture you're trying to blow up, blows up.

never risk what you have and need, for what you don't have and don't need.
    -Warren Buffet

If you made 12 dollars you put 7 away, you live off the 5 and neva eva ? witcha safe
    -Scarface
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

But if you aint got a steady income...you can't put up your own money to start a business. And, survival mode for most ? usually involves doing something to get money that ? aint really gettin money off of no more..
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep. It be surprising what you come up with when you aint got that job. Whole different mentality. You aint got to "run the streets" necessarily either. Meanwhile that job can be/is limiting and you got that eating up your time and energy. Just sayin i get his point for the most part.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    So I guess all you nigs that's unemployed got that GOAT business plan, right

FOH

? ain't that easy (PAUSE)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having a ? ton of money does not = success.

This ? lost his kids.

Ain't no amount of money I can get can make me feel successful if I lost my kids

Having love of my family good health and enough money to paid all bills at least 3 months in advance is very successful IMO.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »

@yellowtapesport
    Rule 1 is long term, Rule 4 is short term. Your hustle is a lot more healthy when it can stand on its own and grow without pressures of every day life. When you can be secure in using a business's profits to grow the business then the business stands a better chance to thrive. When you work a 9-5 forever, you're stuck in that 9-5 forever. You can either participate in the market, or be a slave to it, so if it's in you, why not be a participant. Getting out and gettin to it on your own is a long term thing, but you gotta pay your bills while whatever venture you're trying to blow up, blows up.

-Warren Buffet

If you made 12 dollars you put 7 away, you live off the 5 and neva eva ? witcha safe
    -Scarface

Nobody said work a 9-5 forever..but Dame insinuates that you should quit your job ASAP..BUT use your own money to start your business. My question is, with NO JOB, how do you acquire the capital it takes to start a business?

Where's that 12 dollars comin from Mr. Scarface???

My only point is the average ? ain't got hustles like that no more, so to encourage them to quit something stable and swing into the wind is ridiculous.

I've got one thriving business and 2-3 failed businesses (not proud of that) but without my 9-5 which I still work, my ship would've sank a looooooooonnnng time ago.
  • kontakz.
    kontakz. Members Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Options

@yellowtapesport

-Warren Buffet

-Scarface

Nobody said work a 9-5 forever..but Dame insinuates that you should quit your job ASAP..BUT use your own money to start your business. My question is, with NO JOB, how do you acquire the capital it takes to start a business?

My only point is the average ? ain't got hustles like that no more, so to encourage them to quit something stable and swing into the wind is ridiculous.

I've got one thriving business and 2-3 failed businesses (not proud of that) but without my 9-5 which I still work, my ship would've sank a looooooooonnnng time ago.

Stating a business is a gamble if you not willing to risk it all keep gettin yo ass up at 7 for wherever you work. Dont encourage fear in other ? because you dont believe inyou
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, when you take the steps of starting your business all your focus shifts there.. You start to do "just enough" at your 9-5 to not get fired cause you focused on your business (even tho some ? wit no business roll like that lol).. I wouldn't advise you to drop the 9-5..

PS.. Does same have a bad work history? Cause despise jobs my ? .. Why would ANYBODY work for him? Lol
  • _Lefty
    Options

@yellowtapesport

-Warren Buffet

-Scarface

No ? , YOU average ? don't got hustles like that no more. It's not encouraging them to quit, it's encouraging them not to settle. But while you're in the process of not settling, make sure your lights are on at the crib and you can eat every night. Basically, don't quit your job until your dream can supply your income on its own. I thought what I said was pretty logical.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My problem with his advice is that it basically only applies to people who have some money to spend. There is no shortage of options for those people. When someone lays down 10 rules for going from nothing to something legally, then you've got something worth listening to.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rule 13

Don't be a Chatty Patty
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    kontakz. wrote: »

@yellowtapesport

-Warren Buffet

-Scarface

Stating a business is a gamble if you not willing to risk it all keep gettin yo ass up at 7 for wherever you work. Dont encourage fear in other ? because you dont believe inyou

Do you own a business ? ?
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Yall still aint saying where the start up money comin from...

I got businesses..do U? Where did your start up money come from? Your mamma?

FOH with the speculations..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know where other nggas at but im in DC. Nggas out here got govt jobs, "9-5", but in a lot of cases workin from HOME, pullin down 100k, and THEN go to school/consult/do IT/sing/club promote, etc

I simply cant respect the 'boss life', 'F a 9-5' mindset bc i came for the money. If im makin more money than you i could care less that you dont have a boss. Nggas out here bustin they ass to own their own business and pulin down half of what a ngga sitton at a desk does.

What it is to me is certain nggas like Dame just cant exist in that professional setting and literally dont eant to 'dress up'. Like i literally know nggas like that