edited April 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
So today at work me and a few other workers where discussing the riots
An one of my black coworkers starts bad mouthing the riots
Saying we need to find a better way and how his a black activist
Almost every one of us especially the black women took offense to this
Cause his dating a white woman
Like my ? how you a black activist talking abt the riots are barbaric
When you got ya ? all in a white woman
An I've worked here for 3yrs every gf his ever had since I've worked here has been white
Smh we feel like his disowning his race but he doesn't see anything wrong with it
He says he can be a black activist and love a white woman cause love isn't abt race
.....but he pro black doe....I call this ? ?
What y'all think on the matter

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya ya I know its just this fool acts like it doesn't affect him
    This yo people outche dying in the street
    An all he can do is deflect and tlk down on the situation
    Meanwhile acting like race isn't involved in the whole situation for with the b.s
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Don't trust people saying they are pro Black, but they sleeping with nonBlack. I have a specific policy when it comes to people claiming that, your politics must reflect your personal.

I would've looked at him like a fool because sho nuff he have a fool answer.

I find that people who claim to be Black activists, allegedly, but have nonBlack partners tend to be integrationists, assimilationists. They want to be part of the system no matter the cost.

I agree with that because I have seen a couple of my high school friends go that route. I also seen where some people that are in relationships with non-black partners knee deep into the communities with their partners with them. But that is a rare thing to see.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Just because he's a Black activist doesn't necessarily mean he hates or has a problem with all Whites.

I'm not saying that
    I don't have a problem with all whites either
    But the way his addressing the riots his making it seem like were the reason police are violent towards blacks
    He said and I quote "gangs are in hoods so of course more police have to be aggressive in those areas"
    HELL NAH
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Plus I feel like him dating a white woman got him
    Forgottening his race talking bout ain't no white privilege we equal
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    That man can stand up for his race and STILL ? who ever he wants.

? just hush yo opinion is ass juice
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    if an indictment on his character was to be made, I would judge his activism on his activism, his ideals, and his actions. Not on who he ? . At the same time, I can't totally discount that, if that makes any sense. To be real, a couple of the homies have white women, not my style, but I don't judge them because I love em. But anyway, of the few I know, the white wives are more devoted to black culture than many black women, it's funny to see, they are more racially sensitive than we are because they have something to prove I believe. I know a white chick(cold too) that got turn't out by some africans and now she be Alhamdulillah'in all over the damn place. If there was a gripe to be had, it's that she can turn lilly white in 5 seconds if the heat on, and my black skin can't be changed, my struggle will always be that no matter where I go in life. She'll always be a white woman in america, no matter what side she wants to play. When it's all said and done, if there's an indictment to be made on his character, the weight of it would be on his character, but not totally discounting who he chose. Just my 2.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Fredirick Douglass wife was white
    James Baldwin's Partner was white

so...

Douglass was married to his first wife(black) for 44 years. A few years after she died he married his 2nd wife (white) when he was almost 70 and senile.

you really want me to go into listing all your black heroes that had white companions sir?

They aint my heroes, but go head lol
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like the t/s and coworkers couldn't come up with valid arguments so they went for silly personal attacks.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so...

? both them ? they set the bad example these fake ? follow
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Folks forget how easily a black lover will turn on you just as fast as a non-black. Being in an interracial relationship ain't necessarily the problem here. At the end of the day it's all about right and wrong. And racism, in all it's manifestations, is always wrong.

If the black lover is compromising their racial identity then that's when the selling out starts. You can ? with people outside your race, but they need to recognize you're THAT kind of ? . And if they don't accept that, if that makes them uncomfortable, and you'll be able to tell, then you shouldn't be around them.

Sounds like the guy in the OP ain't really bout that life and never was.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I agree , there's nothing wrong with dating outside your race, but if he only dates white women like the guy described in the OP, then there's definitely some problems internally the brotha's going through.
  • zzombie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

so...

because you are a realer ? to follow

2a7wnyd.jpg

You don't have to follow me but follow who I follow be inspired by who inspires me .

The honorable Marcus garvey. Who spoke out against this race mixing fuckery
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can agree with where t/s is coming from tho

I personally don't have an issue with interracial relationships

but you got to 1st live what you preach........and being in an interracial relationship can give a person good enough reason to question your sincerity
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Tay Gettem wrote: »
    That man can stand up for his race and STILL ? who ever he wants.

? just hush yo opinion is ass juice

Translation: "I'm struggling to articulate myself intelligibly so I'm gonna resort to disparaging language."

Or it could mean your not worthy of a debate
    babelipsss wrote: »
    It sounds like the t/s and coworkers couldn't come up with valid arguments so they went for silly personal attacks.

You don't know him like I do
    An when u tlk down on your race
    An dating a white woman it makes you easy pickings
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    T/S just knew that making this thread on the IC would get some people on his side

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

Stop with the jokes my race is dying ain't ? funny
    Meanwhile this guy is tlkin down on his own
    An dating a white ? with his ? ass
    Did u not read the post abt what he said u clown
  • zzombie
    Options

so...

2a7wnyd.jpg

You don't have to follow me but follow who I follow be inspired by who inspires me .

and he was wrong because some of our best and brightest have come from interacial heritage.

it's not half breeds that should be shunned it's their parents. You understand????? it's not mixed race people that's the problem it's the people making them.

Once the mulatto come into the world they can choose were their loyalties are. Marcus did not hate or have a problem with lighter skinned black/mulattos but he did not always fully trust them.
  • zzombie
    Options

so...

2a7wnyd.jpg

and he was wrong because some of our best and brightest have come from interacial heritage.

it's not half breeds that should be shunned it's their parents. You understand????? it's not mixed race people that's the problem it's the people making them.

Once the mulatto come into the world they can choose were their loyalties are. Marcus did not hate or have a problem with lighter skinned black/mulattos but he did not always fully trust them.

So all the black leaders in history who have furthered the cause for the black plight... pioneers, innovators , fathered nations are all ? and their efforts are null and void because they had relations with white women ?

No disrespect but ? outta here with that black isralite ? .

I am not a black israelite I actively despise those idiots. The black leaders of the past who race mixed must be acknowledged for what they did but no matter what they did holding up heroes that loved your competition is problematic.