E3 2015 Official Discussion Thread (June 16-18, 2015)

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in IllGaming
About E3 -
E3 is the world's premier trade show for computer, video and mobile games and related products. At E3, the video game industry's top talent pack the Los Angeles Convention Center, connecting tens of thousands of the best, brightest, and most innovative professionals in the interactive entertainment industry. For three exciting days, leading-edge companies, groundbreaking new technologies and never-before-seen products will be showcased. E3 connects you with both new and existing partners and provides unprecedented exposure to emerging markets. E3 is where your evolution happens.

Who Attends -
In 2015, leading computer and video game companies, business partners, media and industry analysts from over 100 countries will converge on the Los Angeles Convention Center. E3 2015 will welcome experts, visionaries and entrepreneurs from all walks of the computer and video game industry:
Software Developers
Buyers and Retailers
Programmers
Distributors
Entertainment Industry Representatives
Financiers and Venture Capitalists
Importers and Exporters
Manufacturers
Resellers
Researchers & Educators
Financial and Industry Analysts
Worldwide Electronic and Print Media.

Ownership and Operation -
E3 is owned and operated by the ESA, which is dedicated to serving the needs of the companies publishing interactive games for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers, and the Internet. The ESA offers services to interactive entertainment software publishers including a global anti-piracy program, business and consumer research, government relations and First Amendment and intellectual property protection efforts.

List of Notable Exhibitors -
05 Games
Alienware
Activision
Bandai Namco
Bethesda
Capcom
Crytek
Deep Silver
Disney Interactive
Electronic Arts
Mattel
Microsoft
Nintendo
Nvidia
Oculus VR
Razer
Sony
Square Enix
Take Two Interactive
Telltale Games
Turtle Beach
Ubisoft
Warner Bros. Interactive
Wizards of the Coast

Comments

• 1CK1S
    Options
    Bethesda - Sunday, June 14 (7pm PT / 10pm ET)

Bethesda's announced its first ever E3 conference on Feburary 10, 2015. While there is still little information about the conference, there are rumors that Bethesda will announce the next Fallout game. For those not at E3 2015, Bethesda is live streaming its conference on Twitch and Youtube on Sunday, June 14.

Microsoft - Monday, June 15 (9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET)

Announcing the event, Microsoft described the titles it would show as "the greatest games line-up in Xbox history".

We're likely to see more of already-announced titles such as Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6 and Fable Legends.

The heavily-leaked Gears of War remaster is also a fair bet, and we also expect to finally hear what Rare has been up to.

EA - Monday, June 15 (1pm PT / 4pm ET)

Electronic Arts has announced its E3 Press Conference will take place on June 15 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm GMT.

Though there's no confirmation on what we should expect to see, the smart money's on more Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Battlefield. It's also possible the next Mass Effect game could be revealed at long last, along with Mirror's Edge 2, Criterion's new franchise and Visceral's undisclosed Star Wars title.

Ubisoft - Monday, June 15 (3pm PT / 6pm ET)

Assassin's Creed and Far Cry publisher Ubisoft on Wednesday announced the first details for its E3 media briefing, confirming the event will take place on Monday, June 15, starting at 3 PM PDT.

The show will be held at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles.

Ubisoft did not share any further details about what to expect from its press conference, but you can bet the company's marquee games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division, and this year's Just Dance title will be featured.

Sony - Monday, June 15 (6pm PT / 9pm ET)

Sony hasn’t publicly announced discussed its E3 plans yet, but according to the invitation, the PlayStation press conference will once again take place at the L.A. Memorial Sports Arena on Monday, June 15th at 9 p.m. EST.

As you can see in the invitation above, Sony has cleverly hidden the number “2” among its iconic controller buttons, likely indicating that the company plans to celebrate the PlayStation brand’s 20th anniversary at this year’s show.

Without anything else to go on, we can only assume that Sony’s big hitters such as Uncharted 4, No Man’s Sky, and Until Dawn, as well as an assortment of unreleased indie games, will fill out the conference. But unless something leaks, we’ll likely have to wait until next month to find out what Sony has in store.

Nintendo - Tuesday, June 16 (9am PT / 12pm ET)

In addition to the Nintendo Digital event that starts at 9am PT, Nintendo is revivng its World Championships. Nintendo will also have it's Nintendo Treehouse live stream and another Nintendo Access event at Best Buy where a trail version of Mario Maker will be available. As far as games go, Nintendo has confirmed that the new Legend of Zelda game will not be at the conference, but they will have a playable version of the upcoming Star Fox for Wii U.

Square Enix - Tuesday, June 16 (10am PT / 1pm ET)

On April 23, 2015, Square Enix announced their first ever E3 press conference. Square Enix didn't give many details on what we should expect from their conference on Tuesday, June 16, but they said they will discuss an "exciting slate of games coming out in 2015 and beyond. The conference will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube.

The Square Enix conference originally overlapped with the Nintendo 9am PT conference, so Square Enix rescheduled its conference for 10am PT.

PC Gaming Show - Tuesday, June 16 (5pm PT / 8pm ET)

PC gaming is in a golden age, with more powerful and affordable hardware than ever before, thousands of games available through Steam, Origin and other platforms, and millions of viewers regularly watching esports online. Now, for the first time, the PC platform will have its own event during E3, where the community will be able to celebrate this era with some of the biggest names in PC gaming and see the innovations that lie ahead.

Hosted by Sean 'Day[9]' Plott, the PC Gaming Show will take place at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 16, 2015. In partnership with Twitch, the PC Gaming Show will be streamed live, and feature new game reveals, updates on beloved series, and perspectives from key PC developers.

• kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ready! They gonna be showing e3 coverage on tv at all? I wanna set my dvr
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember G4TV used to show the whole thing but that channel is no longer. Only TV channel I can think about doing it is the Spike channel since they do the Video Game Awards. If I'm not mistaken I think Spike showed the important stuff last year.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Spike is airing M$ conference only.
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    I'll skip out on that
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll probably just stream it. IGN has some great coverage on it
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty sure Playstation is gonna stream on their PS4 E3 app again as well.
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    I'm team Sony, I'll be downloading that app... Bethesda making they first appearance at e3 ? is gonna be real
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm team Sony, I'll be downloading that app... Bethesda making they first appearance at e3 ? is gonna be real

Sony giving away free tickets to watch their conference in theatres.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I miss that G4TV coverage. That ? was GOAT. They showed every press conference, showed demos from games that didn't get as much press as the triple A titles and did interviews with developers. Damn, I miss that ? .

I use to add that channel to my lineup every June just for E3 coverage lol...
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft gotta do it big.. they lost serious ground last year. They must blow ppl away... more than any other company.. and they need to step up on the game selections for Xbox One's "games with gold" program..
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    If Microsoft would've just focused on their console as a game machine they would of did alright

But they wanted to make it a hub of entertainment & lost sight of the gaming aspect
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Microsoft would've just focused on their console as a game machine they would of did alright

But they wanted to make it a hub of entertainment & lost sight of the gaming aspect

They tried to play the middle too much. They are catering to gamers but like you said they seemed to focus more on the set top box in the way they promoted it.

I think what they were trying to do with the XB1 is dope, but they marketed wrong. They set it up as a competitor for the PS4 when really it's probably more a competitor for Apple TV and stuff like that.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waiting on that division game. ? been pushed back more then detox
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    Waiting on that division game. ? been pushed back more then detox

They talkin about that ain't coming out until 2016 now bruh, might as well do a media blackout on that game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sony admits first-party lineup "a little sparse this year"
    By Brendan Sinclair

WED 27 MAY 2015 3:36PM GMT

Andrew House says PS4 maker is placing a greater emphasis on securing third-party support, calls Vita and PS TV "legacy platforms"

At Sony's 2015 Investor Relations Day today, Sony Computer Entertainment president and global CEO Andrew House detailed the company's strategy for the coming year.

"Our first-party lineup is a little sparse this year, so I think this places even greater emphasis on getting good third-party support."

That doesn't necessarily mean exclusive third-party support.

"I will admit that these are, in the current publishing landscape, few and far between given publishing dynamics and development costs, those are increasingly difficult to secure."

House also talked about the decline in Sony's other platforms.

House also cast a dim view of the company's handheld business. He referred to the PlayStation Vita and its microconsole counterpart the PlayStation TV as "legacy platforms" when discussing a write-off of hardware components for the two.

"I would characterize 2015 as the beginning of a harvest period for the PlayStation 4 platform," House said. "The beginning of a harvest period. That being said, we are also undertaking to invest in the future, and 2015 will also be a year of investment."

That investment will be focused on a few areas. There's the Morpheus, of course, as well as continued spend on original PlayStation entertainment content like the TV show Powers (which was recently greenlit for a second season). On top of that, House said Sony would be investing in the expansion of its PlayStation Vue television streaming platform and a continued re-architecture of its PlayStation Network with an eye toward increasing stability and reducing maintenance downtime.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-05-27-sony-admits-first-party-lineup-a-little-sparse

But so was last year's...and launch? Dat greatness awaits. So no good first party exclusives at E3. No good third party exclusives at E3. No Vita...ever again. And the only thing to look forward to in the near future is a second season of a show nobody cares about, and "fingers crossed" PSN will finally work? Guess that's why they cancelled their Gamescom conference this year?

Damn, when you compare that to the messaging from M$ for E3 this year...and of course Nintendo who always delivers, just really happy with my purchases this gen so far.
    At E3, Phil Spencer wants to focus on first-party and exclusive Xbox games
    By Dave Tach on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:00a @dptach

Phil Spencer wants to focus on first-party games and will announce a new platform exclusive at this year's E3, according to a tweet from the Xbox boss.

A Twitter user replied to Spencer with encouragement, writing "keep on building up first party its [the] best long term route."

"I agree," Spencer replied. "Means this years E3 might feel different from past E3s but I like focusing on our games. “We will have a new exclusive IP at E3,” Spencer tweeted. “This is going to be a fun year,” he added. “I think it might be our best 1st party content year ever.”

Not long after, he said others shouldn't misconstrue his remarks as a knock on third-party publishers writing "And to be clear we will have 3rd party deals, it's just, imo, important to focus on and support our 1st party."

Much of what Microsoft shows at E3 2015 could be decided soon, as Spencer tweeted that today is "a full day content review for E3, looking at everything we might show."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/20/8456445/phil-spencer-e3-2015-first-party-exclusive-games
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Complete List of E3 2015 Exhibitors

The E3 2015 Exhibitor List includes all the game industry developers, distributors, publishers, and media outlets who will besetting up booths at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo. Scroll through the alphabetical list to see if your favorite studio will be showing off their newest games.

3 Queens
    505 Games
    Abysmal Ninja LLC
    Academy of Art University, School of Game Development
    Activision Publishing
    AHED 3D TECHNOLOGY
    Alienware
    ANTVR
    ArenaNet
    Astro Gaming
    ATLUS
    Azubu
    Azuradisc.com
    Baidu Mobile Game
    BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
    Behaviour Interactive
    Beijing Game Pavilion
    Beijing Guang Yu-zaixian Sci-Tech Co., Ltd.
    Beijing Perfect World Network Technology Co., Ltd.
    Bethesda
    Bigben Interactive
    BitBox Ltd.
    Blizzard Entertainment
    ?
    BR-1 America, Inc.
    Brigham Young University
    Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
    ChangYou.com Limited
    Chengdu Westhouse Shiyou Technology Co., Ltd.
    Chetu Inc
    China Universal Press & Publication Co.,Ltd.
    CI GAMES S.A
    College Game Competition
    ComonGames
    Connect@E3
    CPU Magazine
    Crayola Color Alive
    Creative Mind Interactive, Inc
    Crytek MR
    Crytivo Games
    Cubicle Ninjas
    Curse Inc.
    Cyberith
    Daedalic Entertainment
    Deckbound
    Deep Silver, Inc.
    DigiPen Institute of Technology
    Disney Interactive
    DotEmu
    dreamGEAR
    DXRacer USA, LLC
    Dynamic Essentialz
    Easars Digital GmbH
    Electronic Arts
    Encore Software
    Extra Life West Lobby
    EZ GAMES / EZ CARDS DISTRIBUTION INC
    Fat Owl
    Focus Home Interactive
    FOVE Inc
    Frontier Developments Plc
    Gaea Mobile
    GAEMS Inc.
    Gaijin Entertainment
    Game Developers Conference
    Game Informer
    Gamechurch.com
    GAMELOFT
    GameSpot
    GAMEWORLD DISTRIBUTORS
    gi-Cluster [Gaming and Creative Technologies & Applications Cluster]
    Gioteck
    GREN iMedia Corp.
    Grey Box
    GungHo Online Entertainment Inc.
    Hong Kong Trade Development Council
    HORI USA, INC.
    Hyperkin, Inc.
    IEP
    IGN
    Immersion
    InComm
    IndieCade: International Festival of Independent Games
    Innex, Inc.
    InnoGames
    International Game Developers a.ssociation (IGDA)
    INTRALOT INTERACTIVE S.A.
    Konami Digital Entertainment
    Larian Studios
    Layabox Ltd.
    LazyLand
    Liquid
    Little Orbit
    Logitech G OFMR
    Machinima Inc
    Mad Catz Inc.
    MADFINGER GAMES, a.s.
    Manus Machina
    Mattel MR
    Maximum Games
    MAYFLASH LIMITED
    Mecca Electronics
    Merge VR
    Microsoft Corporation
    Mobile and Social Game Pavilion
    Multiplayer.it
    Natsume, Inc.
    NCSOFT OFMR
    nDreams
    NetEase Games
    New Age Electronics
    Nintendo of America Inc.
    Nod Labs
    Now Computing - Gameband
    NTT Resonant Inc.
    NVIDIA Corporation
    Nyko Technologies
    Oculus
    Ourpalm Co., Ltd.
    Paradox Interactive
    Paspartu Localization Services
    PATCH TECH.
    PeaceOFF
    Perfect World Entertainment
    Performance Designed Products
    Plantronics
    Playseat
    Polk Audio
    Prima Games/BradyGames
    Pro Vs. GI Joe
    Qihu Technology Co., Ltd.
    R.D.S. INDUSTRIES INC
    Ram Rom Games
    Razer
    RIZING GAMES
    RoundTable Studio
    Royal Electronics Inc
    Samsung Electronics
    Savannah College of Art & Design
    Seasun Holding Limited.
    SEGA Games Co., Ltd
    Simeng Tech LLC
    Smilegate
    Snail Games USA
    Snakebyte / Venom
    Sonic Games Inc.
    Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
    Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited
    Square Enix, Inc.
    SteelSeries
    Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
    Team17 Digital Ltd
    TECHLAND
    Telltale Games
    Tencent America
    tinyBuild Games
    Trebbble
    Turtle Beach
    TWITCH
    U1 Game Digital Entertainment Beijing Co., Ltd.
    Ubisoft Entertainment
    UCC DISTRIBUTING INC
    University of Utah Entertainment Arts and Engineering Program
    UOL BoaCompra
    UZONE
    Vancouver Film School
    Versus Evil LLC
    Video Game Voters Network
    Videogame History Museum
    Virtuix Inc.
    Virtuos
    Vuzix Corporation
    Walmart GameCenter / EGM Media
    WARGAMING.NET
    Warhorse Studios
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    What's in the Box? Entertainment
    Wikia
    Wired Productions
    WIT ENTERTAINMENT
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Dark Souls 3!

I wonder when it will be released. They could stand to hold it back a little. People are still playing Bloodborne and DkS2 on PS4, and Bloodborne will be expanded. They need to be careful not to oversaturate their brands.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Overkill's The Walking Dead Shambles To E3

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, the past few years have been good to you. Not only is there the television show, but Telltale has delivered two solid seasons of adventure gaming. At E3, the team behind Payday is showing off its take on the franchise.

Overkill has confirmed to us that it will be in attendance at E3 with the first look at The Walking Dead. So far, all we've seen is a .

Recently, Overkill announced it had struck a publishing deal with 505 Games for The Walking Dead. The two have worked together previously on Payday 2 and Overkill's parent company Starbreeze's Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

The Walking Dead is coming out in 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
  • 1CK1S
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Square Enix Revealing 'Secret Title' at E3

Square Enix is revealing a "secret title" at E3 this year, according to an email party invite. The invite describes the IGN-sponsored event as "an E3 party for a secret title from Square Enix." The image shows the Atlantic Ocean, with various countries across the globe blurred.

Square Enix is hosting an E3 press conference on June 16 at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern. No doubt we'll learn more about the unannounced game then. We know for certain IO Interactive is working on a new Hitman game, and a new IP is certainly possible. When contacted for additional information, a Square Enix representative declined to comment.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Ubisoft Reveals E3 2015 Lineup, Confirms Aisha Tyler's Return

Ubisoft has pulled back the curtain on its plans for this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, confirming the return of Aisha Tyler as the host of its media briefing.

The conference, which is set to take place at the Orpheum Theatre, will be held on Monday June 15 at 2:45pm PT, during which the publisher has confirmed it will be announcing "several exciting new games."

Additionally, Ubisoft has announced three games in its upcoming lineup will be playable on the show floor, including assassin's Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy's The Division, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.

"E3 is always a very special moment for the entire gaming community because we all come together to share our visions for the future of entertainment and reveal the games into which we’ve been pouring our energy and passion," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said. "The players’ excitement and feedback when they first experience what we’re developing is what motivates us the most."
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Microsoft to appear on stage at the PC Gaming Show at E3

I would hope that by now you've heard of the PC Gaming Show. It's the first-ever E3 show dedicated to the power and glory that is the PC, and we've got a great lineup of guests coming to the party, including, among many others, Blizzard, Bohemia, Paradox, Square Enix, CCP, Fullbright, and AMD. Today the list grew again, as Microsoft announced that it's hopped on board as both a sponsor and a participant.

"For us, the PC Gaming Show is the ideal place to speak directly to PC gamers, and it’s a great time to talk about Windows 10 - the best operating system we've ever created for gamers on PCs,” Microsoft's Head of Xbox Phil Spencer said. “With Windows 10, we’re bringing the best of Xbox with the best of Windows gaming, including Xbox Live and the new Xbox app, Game DVR for nearly every game, and DirectX 12 for better gaming graphics and performance.”

It may seem a little incongruous to be talking about Xbox at the PC Gaming Show, but Microsoft is clearly seeking to establish the platform as an "ecosystem." Windows 10 will feature an Xbox app, and Spencer told us in a March interview that "Xbox is now a gaming brand," rather than merely a game console.

This week we spoke with Spencer about what Microsoft has in mind for the show, its vision for the future of PC gaming, and having the Xbox brand so visible at a PC gaming event. You can read the whole thing right here, but what's beyond doubt is that Microsoft remain integral to the PC platform for most of us, so it will be interesting to hear the company's plans.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Borderlands Dev's New IP Battleborn Coming to E3 "in a Big Way"

Gamers eager to learn more about Borderlands creator Gearbox Software's new IP Battleborn, a console and PC shooter that features MOBA elements, don't have much longer to wait. Parent publisher Take-Two Interactive has announced it will share more information about the game in the lead-up to E3, followed by a significant showing at the event itself next month.

"Next month, Battleborn will be at E3 in a big way and we will have more news to share about the title prior to the show," Take-Two president Karl Slatoff said during the company's recent earnings call.

Slatoff also teased that Battleborn will feature an "accelerated character growth system," which will allow players to "fully experience" each of the game's unique heroes in single-player or multiplayer.

Battleborn, which is in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, was announced last summer. It is scheduled to launch during Take-Two's fiscal 2016, meaning it should arrive before April 2016.

Gearbox previously described Battleborn as the "most ambitious" game the studio has ever made. The Texas-based developer is perhaps best known for the Borderlands series, but it also created the Brothers in Arms franchise and has worked on various entries in the Halo, Half-Life, and Duke Nukem series.