So ? granted Samson Amazing Strength, Parted the red sea for moses, gave Job hell

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
And this is the only time in history he felt it was right to do this?

why do none of these things happen now a days? what is it about that time period that ? felt was so special

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Maybe the stories are metaphoric?
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

then that means revelations is metaphoric as well and all that "your going to be damned to hell" stuff is a bunch of ?
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    then that means revelations is metaphoric as well and all that "your going to be damned to hell" stuff is a bunch of ?

ok now going with your logic, and keeping up with it.
    you do realize that religion and its beliefs are meant to be a way to guide someone on how to live a better life and be a better person for themselves and fellow man right?

at one point or another we have to hit an age where we do something because its right and not because we are afraid of the consequences of doing wrong
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    ok now going with your logic, and keeping up with it.
    you do realize that religion and its beliefs are meant to be a way to guide someone on how to live a better life and be a better person for themselves and fellow man right?

at one point or another we have to hit an age where we do something because its right and not because we are afraid of the consequences of doing wrong

so are you saying there are no consequences for not following the good book?
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so are you saying there are no consequences for not following the good book?

no, i'm saying, follow the good book because it makes you a better person and not because you are afraid of what happens if you don't lol
    faith is the proper word, the implementations are just all wrong.

i see more pamphlets preaching do right or suffer damnation than i do spreading a message of doing good for the sake of helping someone.

i guess to answer your question, you should ask yourself if you believe someone like ghandi is in hell
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    no, i'm saying, follow the good book because it makes you a better person and not because you are afraid of what happens if you don't lol
    faith is the proper word, the implementations are just all wrong.

i see more pamphlets preaching do right or suffer damnation than i do spreading a message of doing good for the sake of helping someone.

i guess to answer your question, you should ask yourself if you believe someone like ghandi is in hell

actually i co sign this post. real ?
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options

The bible is full of metaphoric stories. Does this bother you?
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The bible is full of metaphoric stories. Does this bother you?

yes. when i see peoiple damning you to hell and drowing their kids due to them thinking "the devil possessed them" it bothers the heck out of me.

people flying planes into buildings due to feeling their going to heaven for their actions killing tons of innocent lives should bother you
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yes. when i see peoiple damning you to hell and drowing their kids due to them thinking "the devil possessed them" it bothers the heck out of me.

people flying planes into buildings due to feeling their going to heaven for their actions killing tons of innocent lives should bother you

I understand bro but why let THAT stop you from being a man of ? though? The HOLY BIBLE speaks against that.

"THOU SHALL NOT MURDER"

Their beliefs are different, they ? for their ? , they're on the wrong belief bro.

The ones who ? because they're "demon possessed" either, it's really that or they're just sick in the head and believe they are. That has nothing to do with ? implementing anything into them or wanting them to do these things.

Forget about other "religions" and believe in the HOLY BIBLE. All those other beliefs the HOLY BIBLE speaks against.

What makes you not want to accept, repent, believe?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Why do you Christians like to nit-pick what is metaphorical and what is real-life?

YOu all will take everything as actual fact until it just becomes laughable to believe it and at that point all the sudden "oh it's just a metaphor"

Just admit your religion is ? and lets move on.
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited July 2010
    Options
    (7b) Will ? talk to us ?

Book 4 LESSON ONE * PART IV

Genesis 12:14-17

"And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair. The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaohs house (becoming part of his harem). And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he ? , and menservants, and maidservants, and she ? , and camels. And the Lord plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife."

In the Old Testament days ? dealt more directly than He does today. In fact, I was thinking the other day as I was getting ready for this lesson, there is a good book by Sir Robert Anderson entitled: The Silence of ? . It is rather hard to comprehend. It is written in Old English, more or less. It seems like an odd title, but Sir Robert Anderson was a Bible scholar as well as the head of Scotland Yard. He must have been a layman. But, he was a tremendous Bible scholar. In his book, he draws this analogy of ? constantly dealing in an intrinsic way with the Old Testament characters. But when we get to our Age of Grace, ? is comparatively silent because we have The Book. ? doesn't have to talk to us audibly. ? doesn't have to appear to us in the miraculous. I always have to qualify that. That doesn't mean that I don't believe ? cannot miraculously answer our prayers. Sir Robert Anderson makes a point of the fact that in this Age of Grace it is as if ? is silent, compared to His dealing in the Old Testament,.

Think about that. We just don't expect angels to appear. I told someone at a class one night, "If all of a sudden on my way home at 11:00 at night I'd see a bunch of angels on the highway, do you think I could take it? I know I couldn't. I don't think you could either!" What if all of a sudden ? would just appear as He did back in the Old Testament? It would ? us up. We're not prepared for that. And ? doesn't expect us to be. Indeed, ? is silent today compared to the days we are reading about. Here, ? even appeared to pagan Pharaoh and revealed to him that, "This lady out there is not what you think she is. She is a man's wife."

Genesis 12:18,19

"And Pharaoh called Abram and said, `What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife (? told him, but Abram had not)? Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.'"
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why do you Christians like to nit-pick what is metaphorical and what is real-life?

YOu all will take everything as actual fact until it just becomes laughable to believe it and at that point all the sudden "oh it's just a metaphor"

my issue is when i read a scripture they tell me its metaphorical

then when i take it as such they condemn me for it like "the good book says this"

so its like wtf do you want?
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I understand bro but why let THAT stop you from being a man of ? though? The HOLY BIBLE speaks against that.

"THOU SHALL NOT MURDER"

Their beliefs are different, they ? for their ? , they're on the wrong belief bro.

The ones who ? because they're "demon possessed" either, it's really that or they're just sick in the head and believe they are. That has nothing to do with ? implementing anything into them or wanting them to do these things.

Forget about other "religions" and believe in the HOLY BIBLE.
    All those other beliefs the HOLY BIBLE speaks against.

What makes you not want to accept, repent, believe?

believe in a book that was compiled of tons of documents before it? thats without even getting to the lost gospels bit and the contradictions inside it
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Options
    believe in a book that was compiled of tons of documents before it? thats without even getting to the lost gospels bit and the contradictions inside it

That's why the good book states there will be other FALSE gods before ? Himself.

There is no contradictions, people have tried to point it out here and it's all been shot down. I don't see contradictions, haven't come across any.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *Too busy playin' chess to indulge in a game of checkers*

What up TX?

PEACE
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's why the good book states there will be other FALSE gods before ? Himself.

There is no contradictions, people have tried to point it out here and it's all been shot down. I don't see contradictions, haven't come across any.

you havent come across any because you dont want to.

they are so simple that theyre over looked.

the tower of babel is one i can think of off top. the whole "i havent seen ? " "ive seen ? " etc is another

and the biggest contradiction IMO

is it completely ignores science as a whole

religion and science shouldnt repel each other
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *Too busy playin' chess to indulge in a game of checkers*

What up TX?

PEACE

whats good

and who would you consider your opponent?
  • The True Flesh
    edited July 2010
    Options
    whats good

and who would you consider your opponent?

The accuser, of course.

and who is the latest georgous lady in your avi? It's a shame I don't recognize her.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The accuser, of course.

and who is the latest georgous lady in your avi? It's a shame I don't recognize her.

non other than....

what scripture comes to mind when you see this video?
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Options
    you havent come across any because you dont want to.

they are so simple that theyre over looked.

the tower of babel is one i can think of off top. the whole "i havent seen ? " "ive seen ? " etc is another

and the biggest contradiction IMO

is it completely ignores science as a whole

religion and science shouldnt repel each other

No, it's because I haven't. I've been presented by them by others but it's a simple misinterpretation of scripture.

The science and "religion" go hand in hand some what. Not fully and I agree, it shouldn't repel each other but the bible doesn't repel it, the PEOPLE DO. People are funny. I believe ? created everything, how? I believe ? created the "BBT". For real and when I say that people look at me funny. I don't see why though. But then science as well acts stupid towards ? . They say, "well people back then didn't know how to explain things so they made up ? for it" well no. There are scientist out there that are very well known that believe in a creator, believe in ? . I'm not saying since they do, you should but what I am saying is they've studied a lot of the universe and life and they still believe ? and science. So it does go hand in hand.
  • The True Flesh
    edited July 2010
    Options
    non other than....

what scripture comes to mind when you see this video?

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates. Proverbs 30:30-31

You know you're maturing in wisdom when you can admire a womans beauty, even her figure without outright ? .
    The bathtub thing is overkill though. Where's the humility?

Of course I don't know what kind of woman she actually is, but she sure don't seem concerned with covering herself with "modest apparel" and when women show their bodies like that they provoke all kinds of sinful behavior out of men, therefore we have to be disciplined and exhibit self control or we could get ourselves in a lot of trouble.......

And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth ? shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her. Ecclesiastes 7:26

PEACE
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options

How exactly am I nitpicking? You do realize the bible consists of many authors, it was not one person's work, so its quite plausible that some of it can be taken literally, while others figuratively. Its also a bad idea to say things like "you christians" or "you all" because you will find christians find different beliefs or ideas from the same (in this case) book.
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't we need for Sampson, Moses, and Job to all be alive today for this to happen?

How else do you propose that could be accomplished?

why do none of these things happen now a days? what is it about that time period that ? felt was so special

Hence he says, "about that time period".
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And this is the only time in history he felt it was right to do this?

welllll....maybe it might be that humans have fell off that bad since then....whole lot of stuff going on nowadays that wasnt going on then. plenty of modern day miracles. u have to have eyes to see. the biggest miracle that few achieve in this day and age is clarity. if a sea parted right now ? would be like "w/e dude...thats just special effects...".
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hence he says, "about that time period".

i wouldnt bother with that guy. hes a lost cause