Cuba removed from U.S. terrorism list

Options

Comments

• LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yes cuba has its negative but too compare it too the past & present US presidents & other like minded goverments in the west is riduculous, guantanomo bay, thats all i have too say & i'm not a communist & i, even though i'm definetly gonna visit that beautiful country when i can & in the future would like too do some pan-africanist projects over there aswell, bare in the future & ? , but even i have been conditioned a tiny piece in the west too be on some, i'm wit my revoultionary cuban peeps, but i would still rather live in the west or in a capitalist democratic country than cuba, you get what i'm saying, until i actually reach cuba & see whats really good

saying that & this ain't too sound fly or drop or for show or hidden agenda, i don't joke or play on these type of serious issues, i type what i say & mean what i type, wholeheartedly, just like in the real world, yes the cuban goverment ain't perfect, which human beings are, if you think theirs perfect human beings on this planet, you will always be let down, only the creator is perfect, but you have too analyse & overstand the negatives & positives of the individual, then you can add it up, the negatives in cuba, then the positives & then ditto outside cuba, america the same thing, then too a man like me, its about the diffrence between a human being on a level & devils

would the us allow a next country too teef there land then put a prison or gulag purpose built for torture on there land & be bare face about it, does the cuban goverment export its military & its intelliegnce agencies too other country's too overthrow, assasinate goverments it dosen't like for imperialistic greed & geopolitical reasons in the said region consistently since the end of the second world war, back terrorists too blow up civillian airliners & let the known individual walk free, even now, free as a bird or do they import doctors or nurses instead

i could go on & on, theirs no comparisons, one is a devil, wit some positives, but really & truly now, its just for control & too pacify dissent & give the illusion of freedom for the cameras, promoting a fraudulent script in public, wit bare holes in it, just a undercover local & international fashist regime that aligns it self outside its country wit fashists or dictator types too serve lobbyists of powerful international multi national corporations, western elites

or human beings on a level wit negatives due too a by products from divide & rule politics way back in the day, issues wit persistent imperialist tactics attempted by goverments from abroad, economic oppression & principles, some i don't agree wit, but principles from running a totally diffrent economic & political system diffrent from most country's on this planet, jheeze
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at the random patois in that titangraph
  • LONDON!
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    lmao at the random patois in that titangraph

ha ha, i'm from london inner city my brudda, london rudy from day one, ha ha

i know thats on some long ? , but yo, you've got too put peeps up on game certain times unless they have a medical condition or sumthin, knowledge is key in this world, no room for the weakhearts

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    Lol big uping a communist dictatorship ? country. Shud be ? ashamed of yourselfs

I'm ignorant to the issue...what are some things that the Castro regime has done to its people that the United States Government or various state/local government haven't done to theirs?

Torture, false imprisonment, oppression of minorities and religion, mass murders of political rivals and just being a communist ? . All acts active sponsored and supported by Castro regime against its own people. Of course America has its problems but if you think Cuba is anyway better then you are horribly wrong

uhhhh america kinda got the bolded on lock. mass murders of political rivals hasn't been seen in america but it has it's own way of tamping dissent

you're kind of saying this oppression over here is tolerable....but THIS OPPRESSION HERE is INTOLERABLE... can't really dig that

It stopped being tolerable and acceoted while in Cuba it still is.

lmao what? come on b...all of those things still happen today in America...on a large scale. The only difference is America tries to act like it's ? don't stink.

Torture, false imprisonment, oppression of minorities and religion.. All of that is going on in America...RIGHT NOW.America has a waaaaaay higher incarceration rate than Cuba...and a higher incarceration rate than any country in the world...

America tortures its citizens with solitary confinement...something that's not just reserved for the worst of the worst violent offenders..but is something used to immediately break the psyche of even non-violent offenders for non-violent infraction(who are disproportionally Black (you know, a minority)). There's some estimates that America has the highest solitary confinement rate in the world as well. Your country does that. Today. Right now. At this moment.

So unless you're going to tell me that Castro and his government have been confiscating babies and eating them I'm not impressed. Hell, Castro even ended legalized discrimination in Cuba before Jim Crow ended in the "Land of the Free".
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    LONDON! wrote: »
    yo fam, i think you have mental problems, i'm not trying too be disrespectful or nuthin or disrespect you my brotha, but have you got a mental condition or sumthin
    no, i don't think you're trying to be disrespectful; i think you're be an ? who's covering for the ? in his argument by making a personal attack. if you can't defend your position on the Castros otherwise, it's ? sad.
    malcolm was against these oppressors you love so much & was wit the oppressed, he would have been wit castro
    with Castro in 1959 or with Castro after decades of running an oppressive dictatorship? because i think i am talking about the latter. and sorry, i wouldn't compare Assata to Harriet Tubman, if only because the latter has a pretty stellar record.
    castro sent cuban troops too the motherland in angola & congo too fight against the armed colionialist racist oppression during that struggle
    not convinced that UNITA and FNLA automatically become "armed colonialist racist oppression," especially since the Cubans sent troops during the civil war instead of the pre-independence phase

yes, Cuban has a great medical system. good thing they managed to taint even that by swapping doctors for oil with Venezuela.
    peace my brudda, 100, i'm gone
    turns out this was a lie, though
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Only reason that man got Malcolm in his image is because he's holding a gun. That man cares for nothing else in this world.
    possibly true

• janklow
    Options
    hell yeah and super shout out to America for demonstrating to the world and Blacks that even a "democracy" or a "republic" can be tyrannical. USA the real MVP
    i think the difference is, quite frankly, that US can and does get criticized even by people who love it for the things it needs to fix. i'm not arguing it's a perfect nation. however, countries like Cuba have this weird fandom where a guy like Castro can literally reign as a dictator for decades and be seen as a force of righteous freedom.
    I'm ignorant to the issue...what are some things that the Castro regime has done to its people that the United States Government or various state/local government haven't done to theirs?
    mass execution of political prisoners?
    lmao what? come on b...all of those things still happen today in America...on a large scale.
    no, "mass murders of political rivals" does NOT happen today in America on a large scale.

and please, Cuba plays the same damn "our ? doesn't stink" card all the time. so even if you think the US is comparable to Cuba on any of these fronts (i would debate them, but let's just start there), it also means Cuba shouldn't ? about the US... which it does. and praising Cuba as so much better? well...
  • Stiff
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    hell yeah and super shout out to America for demonstrating to the world and Blacks that even a "democracy" or a "republic" can be tyrannical. USA the real MVP
    i think the difference is, quite frankly, that US can and does get criticized even by people who love it for the things it needs to fix. i'm not arguing it's a perfect nation. however, countries like Cuba have this weird fandom where a guy like Castro can literally reign as a dictator for decades and be seen as a force of righteous freedom.
    lmao what? come on b...all of those things still happen today in America...on a large scale.
    no, "mass murders of political rivals" does NOT happen today in America on a large scale.

and please, Cuba plays the same damn "our ? doesn't stink" card all the time. so even if you think the US is comparable to Cuba on any of these fronts (i would debate them, but let's just start there), it also means Cuba shouldn't ? about the US... which it does. and praising Cuba as so much better? well...

I conceded that mass murders of political rivals don't occur in America when I left them out of where I bolded. To that I would argue that U.S has propped up a few regimes that indulged in the murders of political rivals...guilt by association much?

I don't care about what Cuba says about U.S. My point is that the United States and Americans as a whole are hypocritical to speak on the human rights abuses of the Castro regime when United States is guilty of sooooo many human rights abuses that are definitely comparable. We could literally go ? for tat. I never praised Cuba as better.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol big uping a communist dictatorship ? country. Shud be ? ashamed of yourselfs

Torture, false imprisonment, oppression of minorities and religion, mass murders of political rivals and just being a communist ? . All acts active sponsored and supported by Castro regime against its own people. Of course America has its problems but if you think Cuba is anyway better then you are horribly wrong

Is Cuba still persecuting religious people though? I thought they stopped doing that

Still reports of them cracking down on Roman Catholics and Protestants.

Wow I'm a little surprised at that. I know the Castros hate religion but I think they're gonna calm down on that as they become more open to the world.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    yes cuba has its negative but too compare it too the past & present US presidents & other like minded goverments in the west is riduculous, guantanomo bay, thats all i have too say & i'm not a communist & i, even though i'm definetly gonna visit that beautiful country when i can & in the future would like too do some pan-africanist projects over there aswell, bare in the future & ? , but even i have been conditioned a tiny piece in the west too be on some, i'm wit my revoultionary cuban peeps, but i would still rather live in the west or in a capitalist democratic country than cuba, you get what i'm saying, until i actually reach cuba & see whats really good

saying that & this ain't too sound fly or drop or for show or hidden agenda, i don't joke or play on these type of serious issues, i type what i say & mean what i type, wholeheartedly, just like in the real world, yes the cuban goverment ain't perfect, which human beings are, if you think theirs perfect human beings on this planet, you will always be let down, only the creator is perfect, but you have too analyse & overstand the negatives & positives of the individual, then you can add it up, the negatives in cuba, then the positives & then ditto outside cuba, america the same thing, then too a man like me, its about the diffrence between a human being on a level & devils

would the us allow a next country too teef there land then put a prison or gulag purpose built for torture on there land & be bare face about it, does the cuban goverment export its military & its intelliegnce agencies too other country's too overthrow, assasinate goverments it dosen't like for imperialistic greed & geopolitical reasons in the said region consistently since the end of the second world war, back terrorists too blow up civillian airliners & let the known individual walk free, even now, free as a bird or do they import doctors or nurses instead

i could go on & on, theirs no comparisons, one is a devil, wit some positives, but really & truly now, its just for control & too pacify dissent & give the illusion of freedom for the cameras, promoting a fraudulent script in public, wit bare holes in it, just a undercover local & international fashist regime that aligns it self outside its country wit fashists or dictator types too serve lobbyists of powerful international multi national corporations, western elites

or human beings on a level wit negatives due too a by products from divide & rule politics way back in the day, issues wit persistent imperialist tactics attempted by goverments from abroad, economic oppression & principles, some i don't agree wit, but principles from running a totally diffrent economic & political system diffrent from most country's on this planet, jheeze

That's some real ? right there, so true. SMH at America being one of the chief sponsors of terror worldwide, and American politicians wonder why our wars don't go anywhere lol.....it's because America has almost zero moral authority among the people it's constantly blowing up all the time
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options

uhhhh america kinda got the bolded on lock. mass murders of political rivals hasn't been seen in america but it has it's own way of tamping dissent

you're kind of saying this oppression over here is tolerable....but THIS OPPRESSION HERE is INTOLERABLE... can't really dig that

It stopped being tolerable and acceoted while in Cuba it still is.

lmao what? come on b...all of those things still happen today in America...on a large scale. The only difference is America tries to act like it's ? don't stink.

Torture, false imprisonment, oppression of minorities and religion.. All of that is going on in America...RIGHT NOW.America has a waaaaaay higher incarceration rate than Cuba...and a higher incarceration rate than any country in the world...

America tortures its citizens with solitary confinement...something that's not just reserved for the worst of the worst violent offenders..but is something used to immediately break the psyche of even non-violent offenders for non-violent infraction(who are disproportionally Black (you know, a minority)). There's some estimates that America has the highest solitary confinement rate in the world as well. Your country does that. Today. Right now. At this moment.

So unless you're going to tell me that Castro and his government have been confiscating babies and eating them I'm not impressed. Hell, Castro even ended legalized discrimination in Cuba before Jim Crow ended in the "Land of the Free".

Exactly, how does 5% of the world population hold 25% of the world's prison population? False imprisonment happens here all the time, I was locked up on false charges a few years ago. I was accused of trespassing, but I was going to my homegirl's apartment. I told the cops to go ONE FLOOR up to her apartment to prove my case, but the crooked cops said I was there to buy drugs and they locked me up anyway for 6 hours lol

Thankfully the charges were dropped but I wasted 6 hours of my life in jail for the crime of, hmm IDK.....I fulfilled their quota for the night, so I guess their mission was accomplished. My brother was locked up twice on false charges too, each time for the crime of standing in front of an apartment, waiting for a friend. He was charged each time with loitering smh........and of course those charges were also dropped.
  • MichaelYGalindo
    MichaelYGalindo Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes Castro have many positives and for now no one will have the power to conquer Cuba while he is in charge.
  • LONDON!
    Options

serious question, are you austistic? or do you have asperghus syndrome?

and i ain't trying too be funny

• StillFaggyAF
    edited June 2015
    Options
    explain to me why doctors for oil with Venezuela is bad. there's no oil in the Caribbean (outside of the islands off of Venezuela) if you didn't know janklow
  • janklow
    Options
    I conceded that mass murders of political rivals don't occur in America when I left them out of where I bolded.
    fair enough, although it seems like a little bit of a dodge given the statement you started with. as for propping up regimes that murdered political rivals? i think basically every nation that meddled during the Cold War did this and, for the record, i don't think i ever said it was a good thing.
    I don't care about what Cuba says about U.S. My point is that the United States and Americans as a whole are hypocritical to speak on the human rights abuses of the Castro regime when United States is guilty of sooooo many human rights abuses that are definitely comparable. We could literally go ? for tat. I never praised Cuba as better.
    it's fine if you don't care what the US says. but if you're criticizing the US for pointing fingers (fine), you should admit that Cuba does the exact same thing. so the complaint about the US thinking its ? doesn't stink is something that, perhaps sadly, remains universal.
    serious question: are you actually going to debate the topic in this thread, or just move over to 100% ? -posting? because there is another sub-forum for that.

post there if you have nothing to add to the conversation BUT talking trash.
  • janklow
    Options
    explain to me why doctors for oil with Venezuela is bad. there's no oil in the Caribbean (outside of the islands off of Venezuela) if you didn't know janklow
    because it helps stabilize a thoroughly corrupt and repressive government in Venezuela? though, to be fair, Cuba did more with them than just trade doctors...

also, to be ? -retentive, i believe Barbados, Cuba and Trinidad & Tobago all TECHNICALLY have oil (and i think only T&T exports).

• LONDON!
    Options
    I conceded that mass murders of political rivals don't occur in America when I left them out of where I bolded.
    fair enough, although it seems like a little bit of a dodge given the statement you started with. as for propping up regimes that murdered political rivals? i think basically every nation that meddled during the Cold War did this and, for the record, i don't think i ever said it was a good thing.
    it's fine if you don't care what the US says. but if you're criticizing the US for pointing fingers (fine), you should admit that Cuba does the exact same thing. so the complaint about the US thinking its ? doesn't stink is something that, perhaps sadly, remains universal.
    serious question: are you actually going to debate the topic in this thread, or just move over to 100% ? -posting? because there is another sub-forum for that.

i was asking a perfectly legitimate question & wasn't trying too be funny, but your actions, actions & reactions, content, which all adds up too mentality, has answered my question anyways, from that now it ain't that serious, i'm gone

• Stiff
    Options

Well there don't seem to be any Cubans in this thread to ? on directly so the only alternative is ? on hypocritical Americans.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    because it helps stabilize a thoroughly corrupt and repressive government in Venezuela? though, to be fair, Cuba did more with them than just trade doctors...

also, to be ? -retentive, i believe Barbados, Cuba and Trinidad & Tobago all TECHNICALLY have oil (and i think only T&T exports).

is that worse than the US getting oil from Saudi Arabia? the only places with proven oil in the Caribbean is Trinidad (which is off the coast of Venezuela)
  • Stiff
    Options

And also how is it a dodge when the statement I started with was: I'm ignorant to the issue...what are some things that the Castro regime has done to its people that the United States Government or various state/local government haven't done to theirs?

The only thing that can be pointed to is the mass murder of political rivals…but the United States has literally funded the mass murder of political rivals worldwide.

And then you use the term "mass murder" .. what are the exact numbers on that? And also how does that number compare to police shootings in the United States?
  • janklow
    Options
    i was asking a perfectly legitimate question-
    no, you didn't. you're doubling down on it now with the "who, me?" act, so i'll repeat myself: serious question: are you actually going to debate the topic in this thread, or just move over to 100% ? -posting? because there is another sub-forum for that.
    -but your actions, actions & reactions, content, which all adds up too mentality, has answered my question anyways
    point confirmed. post on topic or take the 100% ? -talk to Donkey.
    Well there don't seem to be any Cubans in this thread to ? on directly so the only alternative is ? on hypocritical Americans.
    oh, please. if you want to debate angrily, fine, but give me a case as to how posts that ONLY contain insults for other posters (including myself) belong outside of Donkey or don't defend them, okay?
  • janklow
    Options
    is that worse than the US getting oil from Saudi Arabia?
    separate issue but sadly Saudi Arabia might not even be as corrupt and abusive as Venezuela
    the only places with proven oil in the Caribbean is Trinidad (which is off the coast of Venezuela)
    i phrased it a little lightly but Cuba and Barbados DO have proven oil. the bigger issue for them is they have small deposits and are easily net importers.
  • janklow
    Options
    And also how is it a dodge when the statement I started with was: I'm ignorant to the issue...what are some things that the Castro regime has done to its people that the United States Government or various state/local government haven't done to theirs?
    the thing about this statement is it's phrased like you're saying "throw something at me so i can refute it." if you're honestly saying "i have no clue about the history of Cuba and its excesses" then i concede the point.
    The only thing that can be pointed to is the mass murder of political rivals…but the United States has literally funded the mass murder of political rivals worldwide.
    to be fair, it's not the ONLY thing. this is why i said (bold for emphasis): "if you think the US is comparable to Cuba on any of these fronts (i would debate them, but let's just start there)". but what you're calling "literally funded the mass murder of political rivals worldwide," aside from me wondering what you're shoving under THAT umbrella, is being compared to "we rounded a bunch of people up in prison and killed them."
    And then you use the term "mass murder" .. what are the exact numbers on that? And also how does that number compare to police shootings in the United States?
    short start: police shootings are largely not federal (this is a big distinction between the US and Cuba, to be fair) and not "mass murder."
  • Stiff
    Options
    the thing about this statement is it's phrased like you're saying "throw something at me so i can refute it." if you're honestly saying "i have no clue about the history of Cuba and its excesses" then i concede the point.
    to be fair, it's not the ONLY thing. this is why i said (bold for emphasis): "if you think the US is comparable to Cuba on any of these fronts (i would debate them, but let's just start there)". but what you're calling "literally funded the mass murder of political rivals worldwide," aside from me wondering what you're shoving under THAT umbrella, is being compared to "we rounded a bunch of people up in prison and killed them."
    short start: police shootings are largely not federal (this is a big distinction between the US and Cuba, to be fair) and not "mass murder."

People in this thread were making it seem as if Castro was more treacherous than the things that I had heard about so i was wondering if there was something more agregious

The United States government has at various times funded regimes that committed mass murders… here's an article

10 vicious dictators supported by the U.S. government

And yes a person who's government has financed mass murders globally does not have the moral authority to chastise the Cuban government without first denouncing their own government.

Correct, police shootings are largely not federal…but I'm comparing the killing of citizens by government forces in the U.S to killing of citizens to government forces in Cuba. So when including ALL people killed by government forces (federal, state, local) of the U.S. vs people killed by the Cuban government I would argue that police shootings are our version of "mass murder". It's a slower drip which gives comparable numbers…… These are Americans that have been killed by the government…without due process under varying circumstances. It seems like you're arguing "it didn't happen all at once so it's better" .
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    is that worse than the US getting oil from Saudi Arabia?
    separate issue but sadly Saudi Arabia might not even be as corrupt and abusive as Venezuela
    the only places with proven oil in the Caribbean is Trinidad (which is off the coast of Venezuela)
    i phrased it a little lightly but Cuba and Barbados DO have proven oil. the bigger issue for them is they have small deposits and are easily net importers.

lol at Saudi being better than Venezuela. i'm done.
  • janklow
    Options
    The United States government has at various times funded regimes that committed mass murders… here's an article
    i feel like Cuba being a mass murderous regime would be worse than funding other people's murder (they're both bad, obviously)
    And yes a person who's government has financed mass murders globally does not have the moral authority to chastise the Cuban government without first denouncing their own government.
    is it financing mass murder globally or financing governments that have committed mass murder?
    also, i don't think i said it was appropriate for the US to do that, so i suppose there's that as well?
    Correct, police shootings are largely not federal…but I'm comparing the killing of citizens by government forces in the U.S to killing of citizens to government forces in Cuba.
    except that when you add in "government forces" not actually controlled by the government, it starts to look like we're doing what we can to fudge the numbers. ADDITIONALLY, there's obviously a distinction between "government has prisoners shot" and "police office in X state shot someone under questionable circumstances" that i think is being skipped over here.

AND i have to ask, are you doing this per capita or are you just comparing raw numbers, because the NEXT question is, you know the US is slightly larger than Cuba, right?
    It seems like you're arguing "it didn't happen all at once so it's better" .
    i'm actually arguing the comparison isn't a good one.