Larry Sanders Walked Away From the NBA and $27 Million, and He’s Never Felt Better

Options

Comments

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But it does equal loads of ? but loads of ? won't make you happy either.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    And this ngga just had to go to y
    he's already rich tho, why not be rich AND happy? just sayin.

With no job skills. Players who play 10, 12 years find a way to go broke 3 years after. He played 3, 4 yrs

Not readin that dumb ? bc 1) he still has that early money that hes LIVING off, and 2) he's too young to realize how easy he had it and how seriously he fuked up

thats because alot of them like to spend their money on dumb ? like cars, baby mamas, gambling, etc if he invests his money wisely and doesnt get into trouble then he should be straight. open up some dispensaries in colorado or something, just use the money. you dont need job skills if you are already rich.

Context clues man. For 1 He a richmond ngga. He went to my alma mater. Also check the wrist wear and flicks in the pic. He already dress like a trendy ngga he'll blow it al on skinny jeans. He's gonna regret this lmao

I aint hatin im just sayin! Hope im wrong

Probably why you should read the article. He said the watch was a gift somebody gave to him....as for Sanders himself he said it clear as day in the article. Simply having alot of money wasn't enough to make him happy and the path he was on he was more likely to do something stupid than he is now. He's probably more likely now to keep what money he's made now that he's happy with his life as opposed to if he had kept playing, trying to self medicate for whatever mental issue he's dealing with, and blow his money being irresponsible because he's another depressed person with money just spending it on random ? .
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The good thing about this is.. He's still young enough to get back in the league.. I Wish that guy the best...
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    The good thing about this is.. He's still young enough to get back in the league.. I Wish that guy the best...

Word. He's 6'10"- 6'11". You can't teach height, he only like 27, he'll be back in the League in a year or two
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »

There’s a story unfolding in Sanders’ head that he’s trying to put into words. “Automobiles,” “electricity,” a three-century era of technological progress that, for him, feels like too much, too soon: “We just exploded in time, and now we’re in this point where we’ve been living this way for, what, 300 years almost, not even that,” he says. “People have displaced emotions, anxieties; they need to create. That’s what we come from. We’d lived that way for 15 million years. Now, it’s this 300-year span, and everyone’s working, unfortunately.”

This is some great philosophical stuff, though. Humans have had to adapt really fast to a new way of living since the industrial revolution and it is continuously changing. We went from farming land, sticking around family all day, telling stories around the campfire and marrying virgins to working alone in an Office, playing video games, barely seeing our family and getting aids from Thots. Well, well.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He quit so he could smoke weed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »

• Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There’s a story unfolding in Sanders’ head that he’s trying to put into words. “Automobiles,” “electricity,” a three-century era of technological progress that, for him, feels like too much, too soon: “We just exploded in time, and now we’re in this point where we’ve been living this way for, what, 300 years almost, not even that,” he says. “People have displaced emotions, anxieties; they need to create. That’s what we come from. We’d lived that way for 15 million years. Now, it’s this 300-year span, and everyone’s working, unfortunately.”

This is some great philosophical stuff, though. Humans have had to adapt really fast to a new way of living since the industrial revolution and it is continuously changing. We went from farming land, sticking around family all day, telling stories around the campfire and marrying virgins to working alone in an Office, playing video games, barely seeing our family and getting aids from Thots. Well, well.

Came to say this and name drop the book "Ishmael". To say its profound is an understatement.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets break this down ,in case yall dont get what you're saying:

'? it, he dont care for the money. He just wann do,what he want.'

Ok, but he can do what he want
    bc he mde tht money.
    Like he's the only ngga alive that want to smoke weed and paint all day.

But If he didnt have the money, he'd have to work t live! He has a kid. He'd be baggin groceries at Ukrops, he same ngga,same destes, but life would force his hands

So: Nba money for 4 years allows him to do whatever tf he wants to do....for a FINITE amount of time. He's 26!

Nba money for 8,10,12 years, and he can do whatever he wants FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could understand if it was similar to the Royce White situation but he just really likes weed. I'm happy that he's happy.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets break this down ,in case yall dont get what you're saying:

'? it, he dont care for the money. He just wann do,what he want.'

Ok, but he can do what he want
    bc he mde tht money.
    Like he's the only ngga alive that want to smoke weed and paint all day.

But If he didnt have the money, he'd have to work t live! He has a kid. He'd be baggin groceries at Ukrops, he same ngga,same destes, but life would force his hands

So: Nba money for 4 years allows him to do whatever tf he wants to do....for a FINITE amount of time. He's 26!

Nba money for 8,10,12 years, and he can do whatever he wants FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE

So how is this different than somebody who changes career paths because they're unhappy? Or people who join the military just for a better start in life? Then end up in school later in life anyway.

He made millions & he's only 26. Who said he just wants to sit around all day? I've seen people go back to school & change careers at a later age with less resources bruh.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of players smoke weed all day and play in the league.

It's deeper then rap.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Money doesn't equal happiness. Any rich man will tell you.

That ? dumbasfuck...Money doesn't equal happiness...but it will let you buy some ? that will make you happy...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »

Players have came out and said more than half the league smokes weed on a regular basis. That ain't why he quit
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does everybody keep saying stuff about weed when the article didn't mention his use? Did I miss something or was it a known fact that this dude smokes?

Failed about 4 drug tests while in the league. But like he said he suffered from anxiety & all that so I believe him when he said it was more for the medical aspects.
    "It's something I feel strongly about, just to let you know something personal about me," Sanders said in an interview with the Journal Sentinel and nba.com. "I will deal with the consequences from it. It's a banned substance in my league. But I believe in marijuana and the medical side of it. I know what it is if I'm going to use it.
    "I study it and I know the benefits it has. In a lot of ways we've been deprived. You can't really label it with so many other drugs that people can be addicted to and have so many negative effects on your body and your family and your relationships and impairment. This is not the same thing.

"The stigma is that it's illegal. I hate that. Once this becomes legal, this all will go away. But I understand for my work it's a banned substance. I will deal with the consequences and I apologize again to my fans for that."
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money doesn't last forever especially if you just spending it up and not making more building it up
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money doesn't last forever especially if you just spending it up and not making more building it up

Nah he good he gon open dispensaries (:|
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't hate on his choices. People like to stereotype but all of them ball players ain't blowing their money.
    I used to live next door to a cat that played for the nfl. Except for the other ppl who came through to visit you wouldn't know unless he told you.
    No luxury cars, regular crib, ? don't do ? but stay in the house and go workout. ? just love to play ball and be in that lifestyle.

He probably wasn't one of the elite players; he probably wasn't making that much.

Damn this ? wins the hater post of the year
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I couldn't post the whole article, it's like 8 more paragraphs

yeah but he still has more money than these two clown. if he doesn't want to be a million dollar slave anymore thats his business and his life to live.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah but he still has more money this clown. if he doesn't want to be a million dollar slave anymore thats his business and his life to live.

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah but he still has more money than these two clown. if he doesn't want to be a million dollar slave anymore thats his business and his life to live.

I think dude will be back, he needs a year or two off to get his mind right. He's a defensive C/PF, those dudes always get looks on NBA rosters.

Greg Oden just got another shot to sign with an NBA team