The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blatalian wrote: »
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Are u kidding me? MBDTF ain't even touchin Late Registration so how's it supposed to compare to tetsuo and youth???

IMO it is better than Late Registration, its just different.

A lot of it is not rap in the traditional sense.

AKA...weird artsy fartsy ? lol

Is rap not art?

If it aint for you, thats cool.

Me personally, I dont put myself in a box. If it sounds dope, its dope. And IMO, MBDTF is a classic - hands down.

Spoken like a true artsy fartsy weirdo ? lol...yes rap is art but to me ? start losing what hip-hop is (street art) when they start trying to experiment too much making ? that doesn't resonate with tha people THIS music was ORIGINALLY created for and by...you wanna make weird ass music to "find yourself", "define yourself" or "expand yourself" that's fine...more power to you...but don't expect me to consider it hip-hop music or trendsetting or whatever...it just comes across ass corny...

P.S. I listen to and enjoy a bunch of different styles of music and I definitely don't consider myself being "boxed in" because I refuse to follow Kanye down his ? corny rabbit hole...Peace

both of ya'll aren't making sense to me

1) mbdtf wasn't all that experimental. He was spitting tough bars through the whole ? album. I don't see much of a difference between graduation except he was more braggadocios and cynical.

2) Late registration wasn't street. Kanye was never street...ever

3) that album was straight hip-hop. No if ands or buts

I was really taking everything as a whole Kanye did after Graduation...to me...just didn't have that same impact as his 1st 3 albums...like I said...to each his own...y'all can have it...? trying to act like Kanye not a clown now is fine with me...he's a Kardashian side attraction...I'm not buying it..literally or figuratively...Peace

This a ? that watch TMZ and visit gossip blogs every day post.
  • blatalian
    blatalian Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Are u kidding me? MBDTF ain't even touchin Late Registration so how's it supposed to compare to tetsuo and youth???

Is rap not art?

Me personally, I dont put myself in a box. If it sounds dope, its dope. And IMO, MBDTF is a classic - hands down.

Spoken like a true artsy fartsy weirdo ? lol...yes rap is art but to me ? start losing what hip-hop is (street art) when they start trying to experiment too much making ? that doesn't resonate with tha people THIS music was ORIGINALLY created for and by...you wanna make weird ass music to "find yourself", "define yourself" or "expand yourself" that's fine...more power to you...but don't expect me to consider it hip-hop music or trendsetting or whatever...it just comes across ass corny...

P.S. I listen to and enjoy a bunch of different styles of music and I definitely don't consider myself being "boxed in" because I refuse to follow Kanye down his ? corny rabbit hole...Peace

1) mbdtf wasn't all that experimental. He was spitting tough bars through the whole ? album. I don't see much of a difference between graduation except he was more braggadocios and cynical.

I was really taking everything as a whole Kanye did after Graduation...to me...just didn't have that same impact as his 1st 3 albums...like I said...to each his own...y'all can have it...? trying to act like Kanye not a clown now is fine with me...he's a Kardashian side attraction...I'm not buying it..literally or figuratively...Peace

This a ? that watch TMZ and visit gossip blogs every day post.

Nosign to all that ? bruh lol...I'm a hip-hop head to tha fullest and you don't have to know who Kanye is married to to know he's a clown...now...he had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lupe T $&

Is rap not art?

U dont even have to go to his "antics" now, he just put out Yeezus. Enough said.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf

Is rap not art?

Cmon, bruh. Straight Hip-hop?

There was some unique production and artistic ? on that album.

Big Daddy Kane wasnt singing in autotune on 4 minute outros. Ye had incredible production value running the gamut of genres and a myriad of featured artists from all walks of music. It wasnt a traditional rap album.

Doesnt mean it aint a classic.
  • Peace_79
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf

Is rap not art?

The bolded is basically your opinion, not fact. Your entitled to it tho

And for the record, artists who "define" and "expand" themselves [and their art form] are the life blood of any industry. Entire genres of music wouldn't exist without this - including Hip Hop.

However, in incapable hands, this type of "experimentation" can yield a wack outcome. It just so happens, that the opposite happened in the case of MBDTF.
  • Peace_79
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf
    Stew wrote: »

Is rap not art?

U dont even have to go to his "antics" now, he just put out Yeezus. Enough said.

Church. The few cuts I heard off Yeezus were trash. Its lookin like he fell off
  • blatalian
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lupe T $&

Is rap not art?

And for the record, artists who "define" and "expand" themselves [and their art form] are the life blood of any industry. Entire genres of music wouldn't exist without this - including Hip Hop.

However, in incapable hands, this type of "experimentation" can yield a wack outcome. It just so happens, that the opposite happened in the case of MBDTF.

Isn't pretty much everything people post on here wit' the exception of numbers an opinion?? Hip-hop/music is based on personal preferences and opinions fam...
  • Peace_79
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf

Is rap not art?

Isn't everything people post on here that aren't numbers an opinion?? Hip-hop/music is based on personal preferences and opinions fam...

That's Fair. I use the term "fact" loosely. Some things have such little dispute, for all intents and purposes - they're facts.

For example: Tupac is one of the GOATs. Soulja Boy is not. Although these are opinions, they might as well be facts.

I dont see your take on this Ye's style after Graduatoin as one of them. I think his stuff resonates with a lot of people.
    But I respect your opinion.
  • blatalian
    Options
    Lupe T $&

Is rap not art?

Isn't everything people post on here that aren't numbers an opinion?? Hip-hop/music is based on personal preferences and opinions fam...

That's Fair. I use the term "fact" loosely. Some things have such little dispute, for all intents and purposes - they're facts.

For example: Tupac is one of the GOATs. Soulja Boy is not. Although these are opinions, they might as well be facts.

I dont see your take on this Ye's style after Graduatoin as one of them. I think his stuff resonates with a lot of people.
    But I respect your opinion.

Annnd this is where we differ and agree...peace
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf
    Wow. The IC for you

Smh
  • R.D.
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf
    All of the Lights
    Devil in a new dress
    Gorgeous

Smh
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    R.D. wrote: »
    All of the Lights
    Devil in a new dress
    Gorgeous

Smh

Mural
    Deliver
    Madonna
    Adoration of Magi

SMH...
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf
    Lupe album atm is one of my favorite in the genre, i play at least 2 songs every single day and im still finding gems.

That being said, MBDTF is one of the most consistent musical peices through all genres. Its a masterpeice and still to this day after 100 plays of the album i can enjoy it like i just opened it.

Its the definition of classic.

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    All of the Lights
    Devil in a new dress
    Gorgeous
    Dark Fantasy

Smh

No slight on the rest of the album, but this overly produced dubstep record it took 39240897358679842099 ? to write and featuring Elton John is not seeing anything on T&Y.

EDIT: The DF intro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe T $&

Is rap not art?

Umm ? Music begs to differ
  • R.D.
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    All of the Lights
    Devil in a new dress
    Gorgeous
    Dark Fantasy

Smh

No slight on the rest of the album, but this overly produced dubstep record it took 39240897358679842099 ? to write and featuring Elton John is not seeing anything on T&Y.

EDIT: The DF intro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bruh you chose T&Y

I don't care what else you have to say, respectfully
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I cant, both are brilliant. I don't have to put down one of these to make the other look better.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    I cant, both are brilliant. I don't have to put down one of these to make the other look better.
    Oh yes. Yes you do.......
    >-)
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf

Ya mexican ass shouldn't be talking rap any way... stick to pinyata bodega music b.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    Easy

Lupe

• blatalian
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    D0wn wrote: »

Ya mexican ass shouldn't be talking rap any way... stick to pinyata bodega music b.

Clown...prolly a nerd ass white boy sitting behind a keyboard jacking off to 808's and Heartbreaks crying about how "beautiful the artful expression that Kanye is conveying" is...

I'M NOT SPANISH gotdamnit!! LOL
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe T $&
    Very close so I side with lyricism.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kanye Mdbf
    Prisoner of the moment ass ? lol.
  • Sweat jones