A$AP Rocky Calls Lil Wayne “One Of The Greatest Of All Time” & Discusses His Legacy

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
YMASAP Carter 5 and Free Weezy coming soon

normal_weezy-fan-father.jpg

A$AP Rocky recently chatted with Nessa from Hot 97 for a 30-minute interview, which you can check out below. At the 17:55 mark of their conversation, Rocky mentioned that “Lil Wayne is one of the greatest of all time”.

Carrying on with his point, A$AP discusses Tunechi‘s legacy and understands how people may think he has ruined it. However, he says that if Tune died today then he will be treated like 2Pac where everyone will break down his lyrics, but doesn’t understand why people don’t do that today.

If you missed A$AP Rocky and Weezy‘s new collaboration off At.Long.Last.A$AP, click here to listen to it! Do you agree with the points Rocky made about Wayne?

Read more at http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2015/05/asap-rocky-calls-lil-wayne-one-of-the-greatest-of-all-time-discusses-legacy/#2roIdFCgrYEora6Z.99

https://youtu.be/Wt08nk_6oeE

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    He's not wrong to say or think that.

He is one of the greatest, Wayne just needs to take a year or 2 hiatus from music so people can want him back again and appreciate his legacy and the music he's left us with. In the meantime he can also refocus and come back stronger.

yea hes def not wrong at all
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    The youth smh

He was born in the 80s
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne ? sucks lmao asap must be hittin that rocky if he thinks thats the case
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ? with Wayne . yet if wayne dies, he would never be on tupac's level.
    cause he don't spit what pac spit.
    ? quoting Pac in class, in marches in the u.s... in political movements over seas.
    Pac influencing the Cole Kendricks and Wale's... The Joey Bad ass's of rap.
    ? wanna compare and played down pac's influence cause he's black, and rap. so any famous rapper who dies is his on his level. foh

only a few are , but wayne ain't one of them. cause wayne don't rap about ? .
    no diss respect, but not even big is on pac level, in terms of stature.
    how the ? can wayne be???

theres levels to this

all the ? who died and stand the test of time, spoke about something. marvin, micheal, jimmi, john, bob, ? even alive legends like bob dylan spoke about real ? . they weren't just popular.
    they spoke about real ? .that a muthafucka can play 20 -30 years later like damn .
    i was just banging shed so many tears in the mornin, n was like damn.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the problem ?
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    He's not wrong to say or think that.

He is one of the greatest, Wayne just needs to take a year or 2 hiatus from music so people can want him back again and appreciate his legacy and the music he's left us with. In the meantime he can also refocus and come back stronger.

If Wayne takes two years off without releasing any music....he will quickly be forgotten..
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To say if Wayne died he would be mourned like Pac is rather insulting considering what Pac meant to A LOT of ppl outside of music. I'm not even a huge fan but Pac was a revolutionary and one of our last real leaders. Wayne hasn't amassed any kind of impact like that at all. Idk where yall get this ? from. If you wanna say Wayne will be one of the greatest, fine, I don't agree but whatever. But to compare him to Pac don't make any sense
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A wack rapper praising another wack rapper
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Little Wayne is top 5 american rappers, but no american rappers can hold a candle to the rappers we have here in the UK. Swear on my fish and chips that they would destory every rapper from america. no diss though mate, I like wayne.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The youth smh
    ? off mate, you sound like you were born with a wrinkly old ?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously, what is or was so great about Lil Wayne, can somebody explain that to me
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously, what is or was so great about Lil Wayne, can somebody explain that to me

lil wayne songs are like mcdonalds locations…the food's not that good and its cheaply made but they're everywhere so ur just like "ehh why not"
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh I've been trying to figure this out for the longest. He's not a bad rapper per se. He hits you w/ some nice bars here and there. He's consistent w/ what he does, but he doesn't do anything that just blows my mind. Wayne fails at the basic.....Quality Over Quantity. There are artists w/ way less material out that are way better than him artistically. I'll say what I said the last time this ? was brought up.......listening to Wayne is like eating unseasoned food.......like eating soul food w/o the soul.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    The youth smh

I knew this would hurt you