Rockstar Plans For GTA 6

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
As per new reports and rumors, Rockstar is currently focusing on next addition to the famous Action-Adventure, Grand Theft Auto 6. The game was announced by Rockstar last year and it will be next title after the successful Grand Theft Auto V.

The chief of Rockstar Games, Leslie Benzies recently spoke about the GTA 6 that the Rockstar team for GTA 6 will be working on map, then story line and missions.

As per few reports, the game is shifted for release in 2020 and map in the game will include whole United States and the big cities and towns like New York, Los Angeles, Miami etc.

These reports are currently based on rumors as there is no official backing of proves of such claims. But it seems that the map in the game having whole U.S is also possible as two famous game had almost whole United States in its map, i.e, Need For Speed: The Run and The Crew. But the map in the game was made smaller and limited to only few cities.

The Crew was an open-world racing game set on tracks of almost whole U.S but Ubisoft developers made map such short and limited as it took less than two hours to drive throughout the country. But thats not an difficult job for Rockstar Games as they have years of experience of making open-world action-adventure games.

One report also claimed that they interviewed one of the insider and according to him, the next GTA will take around five years for completion and size of the game will be “twice” as that of GTA V.

The mapping reports are confusing as well as exciting. If we believe the reports that means that the game will have some fast travel options for players during missions. There are many different rumors on the internet regarding the GTA 6 which are not yet confirmed so it is difficult to conclude something. Stay tuned for further updates!

Comments

• KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The Crew had the whole U.S. map. Thought it was pretty dope how they did it. Wasn't perfect tho.

Don't think Rockstar would have a problem IF they do that.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Real talk man don't post bullsht like this
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    The whole US? Yes right haha foh

@silverfoxx Yo why do you have that dude from Arthur in your sig? I've always wondered.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

@silverfoxx Yo why do you have that dude from Arthur in your sig? I've always wondered.

I was called "the brain" when I was younger. And also Arthur is my favorite childhood show of all time. Ive been watching it since kindergarten and I would still watch it now with no ? given.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and lou cypher plans to purchase GTA6. I gotta buy GTA5 again, aint played it since my 360.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I still want them to set another one in London some day but this time in 3D.

Never owned any last gen consoles so I skipped IV and V but I should be getting V as soon as I buy either an Xbox One or PS4 either this fall or next winter.

Which ever I decide to get first.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With programming anything is possible. Don't be so quick to dismiss this fellas.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2020? I dont wanna hear ? about this for 3 more years
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2020? Make this thread again in 4 years bruh.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped reading after 2020.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

I was called "the brain" when I was younger. And also Arthur is my favorite childhood show of all time. Ive been watching it since kindergarten and I would still watch it now with no ? given.

Haha! I used to watch it every day after school.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if this is true and if the release is in 2020(gawddamn thats a long ways from now) then there should definitely be a story mode dlc campaign on its way also with a lot of new content for online.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about they focus on getting those dlc stuff out earlier.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options

its ridiculous ? like that that discounts the WHOLE article.

that ? dont even make any sense.

IKR. With the insane amount of research they put in to get all the little details in GTA V? FOH. Rockstar spent $137 million to develop it bruh....

the team thought that the ambition of including three cities in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was too great and that the game did not emulate the cities as well as they had hoped.

Los Angeles was extensively researched for the game. The team organised field research trips with tour guides and architectural historians, and captured around 250,000 photographs and many hours of video footage.[59] Houser said, "We spoke to FBI agents that have been undercover, experts in the Mafia, street gangsters who know the slang—we even went to see a proper prison". Houser considered the research and creation of the game world to be the most demanding aspects of the game's production.[50] The team viewed Google Maps and Google Street View projections of Los Angeles; the field research team then used the coordinates to capture the photographs and video footage, which were used to design the layout of Los Santos.[78]

The team also studied virtual globe models of the city, census data and documentaries to recreate the geographical and demographic spread of Los Angeles.[13] Reproducing Los Angeles as a play space required the team to condense the city's spread into an area that the player could comfortably traverse; according to Houser, they captured "the essence of what's really there in a city, but in a far smaller area".[79] Sam Sweet of The New Yorker said, "[The] exhaustive field work ... wasn't conducted to document a living space. Rather, it was collected to create an extremely realistic version of a Los Angeles that doesn't actually exist. The map of Los Santos is familiar but its contents are condensed".[80] Garbut said the team were not "dictated by reality" when designing the city and instead used Los Angeles as a starting point for the city's design.[67]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Grand_Theft_Auto_V
  • iNeverCould
    iNeverCould Members Posts: 60
    Options
    Gta looks like a fun game.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right lol. ? would be dope, though.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully a longer storyline
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 years to actually make a good game. Hopefully they don't ? it up this time
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They left to many things out in gta v
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I want a cop game from these people. I played LA Noir and I see huge potential with something like that after playing V. Plus watching John Wick and Se7en recently stirred a fire in me. I'm ready for a real persistent crime simulator type of game.