Do you think that America is run by a Dictatorship? The Clinton's and The Bush's

Options

Comments

• phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd vote for Carson's ? ass before I'll vote for another Bush. even if it don't mean ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Well Ben Carson is still a big name so anything can happen.
    right, but a lot of these guys are "big names" alone. Donald Trump is a big name and he's an incredibly ? candidate (just look at these negatives). the election is far away and i will agree that, to some extent, anything CAN happen. but we can make some realistic predictions.
    I'll be the first to say Ben Carson reminds me of Herman Cain but Ben has a school named after him in Nigeria, and he was a prominent name in the medical field for a long time before politics.
    Carson probably doesn't have a school named after him because of his political opinions, though.
    look, i'm not criticizing his medical credentials at all (especially since his work makes him a local demigod around here), but i have to wonder why he wouldn't throw his name in the hat for ANY office other than that of the presidency the first time out.
    Jeb Bush still has the last name Bush, so I'm skeptical he has a very serious chance over Ben. There have also been presidents who have never held an elective office....
    Bush has negatives, to be sure, but there's no reason to doubt he has a serious chance to top Carson and win the nomination, because again, he's a politician with a successful past who can raise money.
    Ben Carson also polls better then Jeb Bush
    alright, well, i am not entirely sure what this means. current data on Republicans seems to imply they're better inclined toward Bush than Carson. let's use an MSNBC link:
    According to the poll, 75% of Republicans say they could see themselves supporting Bush for president, versus 22% who couldn’t (+53 points) – up from his 70%-27% score in April (+43), and 49%-42% score in March (+7).
    meanwhile, Carson's numbers are "Ben Carson: 50%-21% (+29)." not bad, but clearly Bush tops him in this respect. in raw terms of "which candidate do i support right now," it looks a little closer:
    10.8 Bush 10.6 Walker 10.0 Rubio 9.4 Carson
    8.6 Huckabee 8.2 Paul 7.0 Cruz 4.6 Christie
    3.6 Trump 3.2 Perry 2.2 ? 1.8 Fiorina
    1.8 Kasich 1.4 Graham 1.0 Jindal
    ...but that's still Bush polling better. and if you do the whole "Bush versus Clinton" and "Carson versus Clinton" thing, Bush is down by 5... but Carson is down by 11.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Well Ben Carson is still a big name so anything can happen.
    right, but a lot of these guys are "big names" alone. Donald Trump is a big name and he's an incredibly ? candidate (just look at these negatives). the election is far away and i will agree that, to some extent, anything CAN happen. but we can make some realistic predictions.
    I'll be the first to say Ben Carson reminds me of Herman Cain but Ben has a school named after him in Nigeria, and he was a prominent name in the medical field for a long time before politics.
    Carson probably doesn't have a school named after him because of his political opinions, though.
    look, i'm not criticizing his medical credentials at all (especially since his work makes him a local demigod around here), but i have to wonder why he wouldn't throw his name in the hat for ANY office other than that of the presidency the first time out.
    Jeb Bush still has the last name Bush, so I'm skeptical he has a very serious chance over Ben. There have also been presidents who have never held an elective office....
    Bush has negatives, to be sure, but there's no reason to doubt he has a serious chance to top Carson and win the nomination, because again, he's a politician with a successful past who can raise money.
    Ben Carson also polls better then Jeb Bush
    alright, well, i am not entirely sure what this means. current data on Republicans seems to imply they're better inclined toward Bush than Carson. let's use an MSNBC link:
    According to the poll, 75% of Republicans say they could see themselves supporting Bush for president, versus 22% who couldn’t (+53 points) – up from his 70%-27% score in April (+43), and 49%-42% score in March (+7).
    meanwhile, Carson's numbers are "Ben Carson: 50%-21% (+29)." not bad, but clearly Bush tops him in this respect. in raw terms of "which candidate do i support right now," it looks a little closer:
    10.8 Bush 10.6 Walker 10.0 Rubio 9.4 Carson
    8.6 Huckabee 8.2 Paul 7.0 Cruz 4.6 Christie
    3.6 Trump 3.2 Perry 2.2 ? 1.8 Fiorina
    1.8 Kasich 1.4 Graham 1.0 Jindal
    ...but that's still Bush polling better. and if you do the whole "Bush versus Clinton" and "Carson versus Clinton" thing, Bush is down by 5... but Carson is down by 11.

Ok interesting poll numbers, I saw polls a little different then that a few weeks ago. But it's very creepy to me that Republicans would be willing to elect another Bush, so soon after the last disaster. How the HELL is another Bush polling so well among Republicans??? Carson and Bush are both bad but wow, what were Republicans smoking in that poll. If Hilary slips up, Bush can shockingly make a comeback against her.

Creepy poll right there.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    I told you. ? 's deeper than rap
  • janklow
    Options
    Ok interesting poll numbers, I saw polls a little different then that a few weeks ago.
    and right now (i am giving you a link to a link) it appears that Bush is at 13.2 and Carson 9.4.
    How the HELL is another Bush polling so well among Republicans?
    because he has a track record of holding office to run on and comparatively moderate positions. there's a chunk of Republicans he's going to claim based on that. we don't really need a crazy conspiracy to explain it.

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok interesting poll numbers, I saw polls a little different then that a few weeks ago.
    and right now (i am giving you a link to a link) it appears that Bush is at 13.2 and Carson 9.4.
    because he has a track record of holding office to run on and comparatively moderate positions. there's a chunk of Republicans he's going to claim based on that. we don't really need a crazy conspiracy to explain it.

I hear you but it's still stunning to me, considering everything Jeb said about his brother's advice being valuable. I don't see anything valuable about George W's ideas or advice but then again I'm not a Republican.
  • phukkyou2
    Options

I hear you but it's still stunning to me, considering everything Jeb said about his brother's advice being valuable. I don't see anything valuable about George W's ideas or advice but then again I'm not a Republican.

The Media companies have ties to The Koch's. http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/the_koch_brothers_media_invest.php but you'd be silly to think it would stop there. If you use common sense then you'd have to figure out that they have ties to Polling Companies too.

The Koch Brothers have backed Jeb Bush (and Scott Walker Bush) for President
  • janklow
    Options
    this honestly sounds a bit like you attaching way too much importance to that statement. if nothing else, he's not going to talk ? about his brother.

i am sure that EVERY viable candidate has said some outright idiotic thing before

• kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    this honestly sounds a bit like you attaching way too much importance to that statement. if nothing else, he's not going to talk ? about his brother.

i am sure that EVERY viable candidate has said some outright idiotic thing before

Jeb Bush's comments are extremely alarming because it shows he still values his brother's advice, despite the constant disasters and massive amount of refugees and misery Bush's policies have brought upon the world and really America itself.

If Jeb is telling the media he still VALUES his brother's advice, especially on foreign policy, then me and millions of other Americans have every right be greatly disturbed by them. Yes every candidate has said idiotic stuff before but for a man to say he VALUES George W. Bush's foreign policy advice???!!!!!!

That is PURE MADNESS. Nothing less, in my eyes that should immediately disqualify Jebby for running for anything but again, I'm not a Republican. Not sure what Republicans are thinking trying to big up a man like that.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »

The Media companies have ties to The Koch's. http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/the_koch_brothers_media_invest.php but you'd be silly to think it would stop there. If you use common sense then you'd have to figure out that they have ties to Polling Companies too.

The Koch Brothers have backed Jeb Bush (and Scott Walker Bush) for President

Interesting info, thanks for that. The Koch brothers are buying up media companies to make mainstream their ideas huh. Looks like Jeb Bush's road to the presidency won't be too tough after all. SMH
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Y'all still don't see that this is bigger than War
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    It's definitely bigger than war, Bush's domestic policies were mostly bad too. His tax cuts for the rich increased the budget deficit and we all remember the big recession that happened under his watch....
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Everything from "bad" policies to ? and gun distribution to WarS. It's all power moves. Their legacy has shown to be all just about one thing. Control.

• janklow
    Options
    If Jeb is telling the media he still VALUES his brother's advice, especially on foreign policy, then me and millions of other Americans have every right be greatly disturbed by them. Yes every candidate has said idiotic stuff before but for a man to say he VALUES George W. Bush's foreign policy advice???!!!!!!
    well, AGAIN, he's not just going to start ripping his brother. period. it doesn't matter if you think it's "madness" or polling disagrees with him or whatever, you know this.

plus as far as advice on foreign policy goes, a. we're not talking about JUST the Middle East when we talk about foreign policy, and b. W at least theoretically has had high-level experience (since he was once president). so while you could disagree with him or discount his advice to some extent, i would think you WOULD value the input. could probably say the same about any president.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    well, AGAIN, he's not just going to start ripping his brother. period. it doesn't matter if you think it's "madness" or polling disagrees with him or whatever, you know this.

plus as far as advice on foreign policy goes, a. we're not talking about JUST the Middle East when we talk about foreign policy, and b. W at least theoretically has had high-level experience (since he was once president). so while you could disagree with him or discount his advice to some extent, i would think you WOULD value the input. could probably say the same about any president.

Absolutely NOT. George W Bush's visions of the world have proven catastrophic and miserable to reality. I would NEVER value ANYTHING George W Bush has to say about foreign policy. He had high level experience as president and as a result, Iraq and many other places around the world are worst off in many, many ways. His advice should be rejected outright and if Jeb Bush was wise, he would have said "I care about my brother but I'm gonna ask other people aside from my bro George for foreign policy advice. Reasons should be obvious ya'll".
  • janklow
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Absolutely NOT. George W Bush's visions of the world have proven catastrophic and miserable to reality. I would NEVER value ANYTHING George W Bush has to say about foreign policy.
    then start by doing this: tell me an issue you have with Bush's foreign policy that does NOT relate to the Middle East. because the only thing you have been saying is "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq." great, but Iraq is not the sum total of one's foreign policy.

further, valuing someone's advice does not mean you a) do everything they recommend or b) do not listen to other sources of input. he didn't say "i will follow my brother's every direction as regards foreign policy." at some point this isn't about taking legitimate issue with Bush's foreign policy and more about a childish demand that he flip out and bash his brother in public.

yes, if he has legitimate disagreement with his brother's past actions, it would be nice to hear him be able to articulate that. but that's clearly more nuanced than what you're demanding.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Absolutely NOT. George W Bush's visions of the world have proven catastrophic and miserable to reality. I would NEVER value ANYTHING George W Bush has to say about foreign policy.
    then start by doing this: tell me an issue you have with Bush's foreign policy that does NOT relate to the Middle East. because the only thing you have been saying is "Iraq, Iraq, Iraq." great, but Iraq is not the sum total of one's foreign policy.

further, valuing someone's advice does not mean you a) do everything they recommend or b) do not listen to other sources of input. he didn't say "i will follow my brother's every direction as regards foreign policy." at some point this isn't about taking legitimate issue with Bush's foreign policy and more about a childish demand that he flip out and bash his brother in public.

yes, if he has legitimate disagreement with his brother's past actions, it would be nice to hear him be able to articulate that. but that's clearly more nuanced than what you're demanding.

I did like Bush's policies with helping Africa fight aids and some other issues there. But the Middle East has issues that affect much of the world, you know, like the 3 trillion dollar war on terror? What Bush did in the Middle East has had widespread repercussions for America and it has affected many other issues affecting America. Can you name some great foreign policy accomplishments George W Bush had otherwise?

And I get Jeb Bush isn't going to bash his brother, but him saying a terrible thing like "I still value George W Bush's advice" does him no favors among many. To you it may symbolize common sense loyalty among family but to me and many others, it shows he probably values horrible worldviews. He confirmed that not too long ago.
  • janklow
    Options
    I did like Bush's policies with helping Africa fight aids and some other issues there. But the Middle East has issues that affect much of the world, you know, like the 3 trillion dollar war on terror?
    are you aware that you have made your position on Bush's Middle East escapades perfectly clear? plus, going right back to this well isn't telling me you have unrelated criticisms.
    What Bush did in the Middle East has had widespread repercussions for America and it has affected many other issues affecting America. Can you name some great foreign policy accomplishments George W Bush had otherwise?
    well, start with Africa/AIDS?
    also, i am not going to claim a huge string of major achievements for Bush (better relations with India?). but i am going to repeat this: "further, valuing someone's advice does not mean you a) do everything they recommend or b) do not listen to other sources of input." Bush clearly at some point dealt with politics and countries ASIDE from the Middle East.
    And I get Jeb Bush isn't going to bash his brother, but him saying a terrible thing like "I still value George W Bush's advice" does him no favors among many.
    look, we live in the real world. he's not going to hoist W over his head and scream "TO HELL WITH YOU, GEORGE W BUSH" and throw him into a volcano.
    To you it may symbolize common sense loyalty among family but to me and many others, it shows he probably values horrible worldviews.
    what's the horrible world view that DOESN'T involve the Middle East?

• cyr0gen
    cyr0gen Members Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I did like Bush's policies with helping Africa fight aids and some other issues there. But the Middle East has issues that affect much of the world, you know, like the 3 trillion dollar war on terror?
    are you aware that you have made your position on Bush's Middle East escapades perfectly clear? plus, going right back to this well isn't telling me you have unrelated criticisms.
    What Bush did in the Middle East has had widespread repercussions for America and it has affected many other issues affecting America. Can you name some great foreign policy accomplishments George W Bush had otherwise?
    well, start with Africa/AIDS?
    also, i am not going to claim a huge string of major achievements for Bush (better relations with India?). but i am going to repeat this: "further, valuing someone's advice does not mean you a) do everything they recommend or b) do not listen to other sources of input." Bush clearly at some point dealt with politics and countries ASIDE from the Middle East.
    And I get Jeb Bush isn't going to bash his brother, but him saying a terrible thing like "I still value George W Bush's advice" does him no favors among many.
    look, we live in the real world. he's not going to hoist W over his head and scream "TO HELL WITH YOU, GEORGE W BUSH" and throw him into a volcano.
    To you it may symbolize common sense loyalty among family but to me and many others, it shows he probably values horrible worldviews.
    what's the horrible world view that DOESN'T involve the Middle East?

I know Jeb isn't going to distance himself from Dubya the way I and many would want, but the horrible worldview Bush shares with his bro that worries me and many others revolves around the Middle East and as I have made clear before, issues there easily affect the rest of the world. ISIS has spread to north Africa and they have recruits and followers in over 90 nations, for example. Groups from the Middle East and elsewhere have targets on the west, America, and anything connected with it. Dubya's worldview helped increased terrorism worldwide, Jeb valuing advice like that is horrible.

By Jeb "valuing" Dubya's advice publicly, it shows horrible judgment and honestly, I'd rather even Donald Trump or Ben Carson to be voted winner in the Republican primaries. I wish those two the best of luck vs Jeb.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    cyr0gen wrote: »

Funny ? right there! Chris Rock and them nailed it
  • janklow
    Options
    I know Jeb isn't going to distance himself from Dubya the way I and many would want, but the horrible worldview Bush shares with his bro that worries me and many others revolves around the Middle East and as I have made clear before, issues there easily affect the rest of the world.
    okay, but here's what i am saying: let's presume that W cannot give good advice re: the Middle East, even eliminating the "here are mistakes i made that you shouldn't." point granted! is there ANYTHING else you can attack ASIDE from the Middle East?

or look at it like this: say Jeb goes "you know, my brother's positions on the Middle East are so contentious that we don't discuss it and i take his counsel in other areas." can you be furious about that without mentioning the Middle East?
    Dubya's worldview helped increased terrorism worldwide, Jeb valuing advice like that is horrible.
    just going to point out that, per you, this is Every Single American Politician's world view.
    By Jeb "valuing" Dubya's advice publicly, it shows horrible judgment and honestly, I'd rather even Donald Trump or Ben Carson to be voted winner in the Republican primaries. I wish those two the best of luck vs Jeb.
    if you're wishing for Donald Trump over Jeb Bush, you are ? ? . period. not you specifically, but ANYONE who thinks that.

• kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I know Jeb isn't going to distance himself from Dubya the way I and many would want, but the horrible worldview Bush shares with his bro that worries me and many others revolves around the Middle East and as I have made clear before, issues there easily affect the rest of the world.
    okay, but here's what i am saying: let's presume that W cannot give good advice re: the Middle East, even eliminating the "here are mistakes i made that you shouldn't." point granted! is there ANYTHING else you can attack ASIDE from the Middle East?

or look at it like this: say Jeb goes "you know, my brother's positions on the Middle East are so contentious that we don't discuss it and i take his counsel in other areas." can you be furious about that without mentioning the Middle East?
    Dubya's worldview helped increased terrorism worldwide, Jeb valuing advice like that is horrible.
    just going to point out that, per you, this is Every Single American Politician's world view.
    if you're wishing for Donald Trump over Jeb Bush, you are ? ? . period. not you specifically, but ANYONE who thinks that.

Trump isn't the best guy obviously, I wouldn't vote for him but he scares me less then Jeb Bush does, that's for damn ? sure. You got a thing for Bush boy eh? Shame on you ? lol.

And I've made what I said clear on Bush's foreign policy, his ideas on the Middle East alone scare me enough. I haven't heard him say anything that stands out on other foreign affairs, nothing that particularly impressive.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Trump is actually polling ahead of Jeb Bush in Iowa, barely behind Bush in New Hampshire by 3 points
  • janklow
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You got a thing for Bush boy eh? Shame on you ? lol.
    uh, no. i'm not a Bush guy. but i am also not ? ? enough to mistake Donald Trump for a legitimate political candidate. a guy whose politics you don't like is not the same thing as a charlatan.

quick math:
    Jeb = has been a governor
    Trump = had waved his hands and made excuses every single time he could have run for something. and technically, i don't think he's actually RUNNING for president yet
    And I've made what I said clear on Bush's foreign policy, his ideas on the Middle East alone scare me enough.
    or, in other words, you refuse to consider the possibility that foreign policy includes anything BEYOND the Middle East because you're still upset about it. might want to consider the fact that the current admin seems to have other foreign policy irons in the fire despite the fact that they spend time on Middle East policy you don't like. the world is a big place.
    Trump is actually polling ahead of Jeb Bush in Iowa, barely behind Bush in New Hampshire by 3 points
    not really sure what these means beyond "there are some ? retards in these polls"

actually, what it shows is that what's most important right now is name recognition and, if i am not mistaken, Trump is polling well below where he was the last time he played this game