The 3-pointer has gone from ignored novelty to deadly weapon

Options
Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the evolution of the nba game can be seen in how the spurs won it all in 1999 vs how they did it in 2014

i was looking at some old ? and seen that in the chicago bulls first title vs the lakers the entire bulls team had 21 3 point attempts for the series -- what surprised me even more was that john paxson only took 4 of his 49 shots from beyond the arc -- i swear i dont remember him taking anything but 3 pointers

got guards now passing up open 3s for their big to take one instead
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TL:DR of video?
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2009 Orlando Magic vs lakers finals is example of that... When Orlando caught fire they were very good
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its crazy cuz I been watching basketball since the 90s. Lost intrest the last 2 or 3 years. Its crazy now coming back watching these finals its a layup or 3 now, nothing in between for both teams. I think the suns played like that in the early 00's, to long ago to just remember off top though. But its almost like watching a new sport.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the fact everybody think they cold from the 3, you got some dudes that practice it everyday so they good money, as opposed to ? just think they got it like that, that ? the game up
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you think Lebron carried most of his teams. He drives and if its not there dish for the 3
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2009 Orlando Magic vs lakers finals is example of that... When Orlando caught fire they were very good

Yeah, but they weren't hardly on ? when they weren't hitting anything. That's why I love teams that can move the ball around and grind out a game opposed to depending on getting hot.

Hell, I can't stand a ? that shoots nothing but treys, especially if they ain't making half of them. Like, ? , stop. If its wide open, cool. But I hate it when ? force shots put of their range.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

Yeah, but they weren't hardly on ? when they weren't hitting anything. That's why I love teams that can move the ball around and grind out a game opposed to depending on getting hot.

Hell, I can't stand a ? that shoots nothing but treys, especially if they ain't making half of them. Like, ? , stop. If its wide open, cool. But I hate it when ? force shots put of their range.

I hate ? that got a wide open lane to the rim but step back for a 3, X(
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

I hate ? that got a wide open lane to the rim but step back for a 3, X(

Then miss it and don't get back smh.