EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Taps Ava DuVernay To Direct Black Panther

Options

Comments

• FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    No John singletin? Steven Spielberg? This broad directed a mlk movie that shoulda went straight to dvd. They gassing this broad ip. I think that this is the most important black movie since malcolm x and these white folks ain't doing they homework. Thoroughly disappointed. I don't give a ? what color she is. They could get Michael bay if that racist ? could make the story pop.

shut the ? up

Back your ? up with reasoning. And suck my ? with a cut in the tip too ? .

why would you cut the tip of your ? mate>?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No John singletin? Steven Spielberg? This broad directed a mlk movie that shoulda went straight to dvd. They gassing this broad ip. I think that this is the most important black movie since malcolm x and these white folks ain't doing they homework. Thoroughly disappointed. I don't give a ? what color she is. They could get Michael bay if that racist ? could make the story pop.

shut the ? up

you rather have Michael Bay direct the black panther movie and you wanna talk about reasoning?

get this ? ? out of here
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I was hoping they'd get someone who was a little more experienced directing action, since by definition this would have been one of the more nuanced Marvel movies. But this is still a good look. She's really good at subtly and letting scenes develop and not OVERdirecting.

I approve.

which is exactly why its a good idea. You dont need someone thats gonna direct Chadwick to be anything less than a king.

and something ive learned from films is that the best directors are usually the ones who step out of the comfort zone. The best horror movies of all times I mean the real classics were made from guys who had done little to nothing resembling horror before, or since then.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This ? is gon be money.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think she'll do a great job but racism will make this the lowest grossing marvel movie

your right, i don't know a single African who wants to watch this movie.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shut the ? up

Bruh, you need to be kicked real hard in the ? .
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall in here grasping for straws.

Seems as if you don't know any thing about Black Panther.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

il_340x270.364712686_ky9o.jpg

Ooooh, enlighten us then
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think she'll do a great job but racism will make this the lowest grossing marvel movie

it'll probably do better than Ant Man
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King T Challa going to be on his Winter Soldier ? with the numbers and be a sleeper no one saw coming.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope that this movie is shot in Africa and not in front of a green screen. I would like them to show the beautiful and modern side of Africa, and not what is usually depicted on television and film.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wakanda doesnt even interact with other African cities

They dont ? with anybody thats not wakanda, so not usre if they would film anywhere else but a greenscreen
  • iron man1
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    I hope that this movie is shot in Africa and not in front of a green screen. I would like them to show the beautiful and modern side of Africa, and not what is usually depicted on television and film.

For the technological aspect it'll have to be green screen somewhat mixed with practical effects like GOTG.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    white715 wrote: »

For the technological aspect it'll have to be green screen somewhat mixed with practical effects like GOTG.

Could be shot like Chappie and District 9. A mixture of CGI and realism in Johannesburg, South Africa. They could even borrow some of the actors except for that ugly albino chick from chappie.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

il_340x270.364712686_ky9o.jpg

Ooooh, enlighten us then

I think son sniffs ? while he post.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ava DuVernay Passes On Marvel's BLACK PANTHER; "We Couldn't See Eye To Eye"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=122400
  • earth two superman
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Ava DuVernay Passes On Marvel's BLACK PANTHER; "We Couldn't See Eye To Eye"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=122400
    excellent choice.

I just hope they keep her and not lose her like they did with the woman who was supposed to do Thor 2.

called it.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    i wonder if she wanted to make it a more political film, and Marvel said no to have broader appeal. In fact im pretty sure something similar to this happened. she seems like shes a fan of the character and knows the impact hes had.
  • iron man1
    Options
    i wonder if she wanted to make it a more political film, and Marvel said no to have broader appeal. In fact im pretty sure something similar to this happened. she seems like shes a fan of the character and knows the impact hes had.

She probably would like a certain amount of control which isn't wrong or anything but Marvel has a set structure and wants to stick with that formula. With her knowledge of the culture Marvel wasn't ready but we still don't know the tone of the Panther movie either so who knows.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm very excited about this movie. I really hope they don't screw it up and make it too campy
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, that's unfortunate.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    f gary gray bout to be big again with the NWA flick. Hes a possibility.

It would be damn near riot if they got a white director so that limits the field. Watch Spike do it lmao. hes a ? marvel fan.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet Abbey ends up doing a DC property like Cyborg.

She probably wanted a deep story and Marvel wanted to keep it light, funny and Caucasian friendly.