SC Governor and Senator Calling For Removal of Confederate Battle Flag From Statehouse Grounds

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    keep it real. this is a game of politics. it takes a 2/3 majority in the sc state assembly to get that flag taken down and i'll be shocked as hell to see that happen. what the governor just did was a great display of public relations for her state and a fellow sc senator who just happens to be running for president. she knows 2/3 of those cacs in the state assembly wont vote for that ? but she can at least say she tried. politics is all this ? is about

I agree it's all politics. Those crackas in SC are gonna keep the flag up, too many people in SC admire what the flag represents. I do admire the woman who took the flag down this morning, I only wish she could have kept it down.

I'm hoping a miracle happens though and SC surprises me.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    keep it real. this is a game of politics. it takes a 2/3 majority in the sc state assembly to get that flag taken down and i'll be shocked as hell to see that happen. what the governor just did was a great display of public relations for her state and a fellow sc senator who just happens to be running for president. she knows 2/3 of those cacs in the state assembly wont vote for that ? but she can at least say she tried. politics is all this ? is about
    well i stand corrected. i didnt think those sc cacs would pull it down but they did. but dont be fooled. dont let these ? placate you with symbols and ? . these same cacs who took that ? flag own are the same ppl who refuse to fix the vra, sc photo id law or the sc i-95 corridor of shame. they gave us symbols during the civil rights era but systemic racism went unchaged and in many instances got worse. so ? these cacs. stay woke
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Damn we got a big victory today, the flag is coming down tmw in SC. I never thought the flag would come down there, not in my lifetime. The church shooter set his movement back without question. At least publicly
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    well i stand corrected. i didnt think those sc cacs would pull it down but they did. but dont be fouled. dont let these ? placate you with symbols and ? . these same cacs who took that ? flag own are the same ppl who refuse to fix the vra, sc photo id law or the sc i-95 corridor of shame. they gave us symbols during the civil rights era but systemic racism went unchaged and in many instances got worse. so ? these cacs. stay woke

More work to be done for sure.....
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm pretty shocked they took that fool, fool flag down, but like peeps are saying, still more too be done, but its a start, keep your heads up over those sides of things, for real, for real
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny to see all the white people that are mad about the flag being taken down