Sean Klannity: Why Stop Selling Confederate Flags If You Can Still Buy Rap Music...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/online/hannity-why-stop-selling-confederate-flags-if-you-can-still-buy-rap-music/
Following the renewed national discussion on the controversy surrounding the Confederate flag, retailers, manufacturers, and many other organizations have all picked up the trend of distancing themselves from it and any related confederate paraphernalia. During his radio show on Wednesday, Sean Hannity questioned if there was any point in removing the flag when there are so many things still on the shelves that he finds offensive.

Hannity hypothetically began to ask whether Walmart or Amazon would still be selling music from rappers like 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg if the Confederate flag will no longer be available. “Why do I say that,” Hannity explained, “because a lot of the music by those artists is chock-full of the ‘N word,’ and the ‘B-word,’ and the ‘H-word,’ and racist, misogynist, sexist anti-woman slurs none of those retail executives would be caught dead using.”

Hannity also brought up the increase in sales the Confederate flag saw on Amazon before it was taken off, and wondered whether rap music would have experienced a similar rush. Hannity then went on to call President Obama a hypocrite for speaking against racism in America after previously inviting music power couple and harsh-language-users Jay Z and Beyonce to the White House.

“If it’s okay for Obama’s teenage daughters and people to go into these stores and buy music chock-full of the n-word, the b-word, well maybe we should consider banning that too,” Hannity said. “We’re in the process of banning everything.”

It was only a matter time before they went w/ WHAT ABOUT RAP MUSIC excuse.. Since they can't use their favorite "What about Black on Black crime" excuse...

Comments

• phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sean's got a point tho
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    We really gotta stop lyin to kick it
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this ? funny. Any time race relations are brought up all they can counter with is hip hop. He on a slippery slope with logic of the music being full of curse words and misogynistic lyrics. You gotta stop selling a bunch of movies and ? too.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    @Stiff you make no sense
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Gangsta Rap replaced Gospel and Soul...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How this ? Dominican, when Dominican is shipping afro Dominicans out???
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    We really gotta stop lyin to kick it

Please stop
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

They're shipping Haitians out…which includes people who were born in Dominican Republic to undocumented Haitian immigrant parents. Unlike in America just because you're born there doesn't mean you're a citizen

Stop looking at that situation through such an American's eyes
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    An obvious Deflection on their part.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an argument these Fox News puppets know damn well they use to keep blood pressure up in the black community. Seriously tho Sean Hannity constantly get carried by Jon Stewart so I keep my words in the back burner & let him sort it out. Don't let him fool ya people, name anyone who successfully shut this rap ? down because of their propaganda? Don't worry I'll wait.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »

They're shipping Haitians out…which includes people who were born in Dominican Republic to undocumented Haitian immigrant parents. Unlike in America just because you're born there doesn't mean you're a citizen

Stop looking at that situation through such an American's eyes

? plz, imma break it down for ya slow ass...
    Afro Dominicans are getting shipped out. Killed...
    Most of the Haitians are staying...

If they wanted to get rid of Haitians, they would of decreed the cut off date, in the 70\80's .
    1929 really???

Who work for chump change in The D.R?
    The Haitians..
    Who brought the Haitians over there ?
    The rich. ?
    Who run D.R?.. the rich. ? ...
    Why would the rich, get rid of free/cheap labor?
    Wherr they do that at?
    Why would they do that?

They seized Afro Dominicans property, buisnesses an place them in concetration camps...

The Afro Dominicans. Are not going to Haiti, cause they're not from there... they have no family there. They dont speak french / creole
    Most of them are gonna get killed....

Then D.R goverment is gonna open there doors to Europeans ,so they can whitened the population.. n Be more like Puerto Rico.
    While the Haitians continue to work for free.

U know im right.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is just an entertainer that knows his audience. No way he believes his own BS. He has a fiction book chock with sex and violence I believe.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you peeps taking that guy seriously? he's a just master troll
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is this ? 's wing span? From what I seen he got an incredible reach.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Non sequitur

But is it really? Becuz in the end, This is all we're talking about and all we're left with. Plus he gets to take home a check AND he gets Free Publicity from the same People he's against & would rather oppress than Love
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ivSVUexH9r6v1.gif

ROFL. This European ? is a Comedian
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    What I don't understand is how can y'all literally every week call the (newest) current generation trash, full of debauchery, full of negative images, full of negative messages, homosexually & hypersexually charged, and an inspiration for All Types of ratchet behavior including and not limited to actual Genocide & Apartheid. And say that he doesn't have a point. We literally do this and peep game generation after generation and it's not going to stop here.

Look, Snoop is one of my childhood idols who I'll rocc with til I die. He's a true Ambassador for Hip Hop and we as This current Mix of black folk should do everything in our power to make sure that man stays relevant or until he reaches that 16th Minute and he can pull a Stevie Wonder until he's ready to call it quits or ? does it for him.

And when it comes to 50. I think Dr. Dre found his LL Cool J or his Will Smith, or in other words his Denzel. I also know that Mr. Jackson is a Philanthropist and doesn't hold that as a cornerstone of his Empire. Which is honorable, Dame Dash honorable. He gets it and he should remain one of the figure heads of our Culture. He gets that pass and he's earned those accolades. And there's nothing you can really say about that. "Power" has him in a good position right now, I'm rooting for that man.

Just because we should literally ? Sean Hannity; the messenger, doesn't mean that this particular message isn't true.