The Official THE WEEKND "Beauty Behind The Madness" Album Discussion (8.28)

Options

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Somebody shoot me a link...

Yea yea I know theres google and torrents and all that ? . Aint got time for that.

What @Stew said.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Somebody shoot me a link...

Yea yea I know theres google and torrents and all that ? . Aint got time for that.

What @Stew said.

Youtube
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I'm taken care of, thanks.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Acquainted, shameless and tell your friends been on repeat
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The "As You Are" joint is like ? for 80s babies
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    CP203 wrote: »
    Acquainted, shameless and tell your friends been on repeat

Best songs on the album , outside the singles (often and the hills)
  • Stew
    Options
    Nice album, better than his last joint. Kinda falls off a bit in the 2nd half of it.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tell your friends
    often
    shameless
    in the night
    as you are

the rest is just okay. this might be my least favorite weeknd project since thursday but it could grow on me. we'll see
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    U dont ? with "acquainted" ? That's prolly my favorite song on there after "tell your friends". This is easily better than "Kissland".
  • Already Home_17
    edited August 2015
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    U dont ? with "acquainted" ? That's prolly my favorite song on there after "tell your friends". This is easily better than "Kissland".

the title was the only thing wack about kissland
    yall ? better stop disrespecting it...

204.gif

lol but like I said, this lp could grow on me but on first listen it's just okay
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

the title was the only thing wack about kissland
    yall ? better stop disrespecting it...

204.gif

lol but like I said, this lp could grow on me but on first listen it's just okay

Lol KL is a decent album but I was wanting it to sound like house of balloons.

Guess I need to just stop comparing all his stuff to that classic.
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    as you are

s6oi38.gif

in the night

2346fa9a3adf9bc73add1bc8c59d7626.gif

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannneeeee!! Been ? with this ? since 2012.

I feel...idk...from seeing his house of balloons songs only getting 30,000 views to getting 1 mill off top. I feel like a proud father seeing that he blew up like he should of.

Popping ? ,pills getting high is what I was doing in 2012 ,he was like my brother singing my soundtrack.

This album is good,not a bad song on it. But nothing will ever touch house of balloons ,and Thursday

@CP203 didn't know you ? with him,that's what's up

You too goldie
  • Stew
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »

I feel...idk...from seeing his house of balloons songs only getting 30,000 views to getting 1 mill off top. I feel like a proud father seeing that he blew up like he should of.

Popping ? ,pills getting high is what I was doing in 2012 ,he was like my brother singing my soundtrack.

This album is good,not a bad song on it. But nothing will ever touch house of balloons ,and Thursday

You too goldie

JokerKing wrote: »
    The Weeknd - Wicked Games (Explicit): http://youtu.be/O1OTWCd40bc

? laughed at me when Beezy told yall I told her I wanted to ? her to The Weeknd. ? be killin it nh

I cant find the OG post she posted but I know it was in '12
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I haven't ? with the weeknd up to know I thought he was a weirdo odd future kinda ? but I'm going to check this out
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    I haven't ? with the weeknd up to know I thought he was a weirdo odd future kinda ? but I'm going to check this out

Look at ya avi. Music b4 perception.
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »

You too goldie

been listening to dude since 2011. drake tweeted his stuff around that time. you could hear on first listen how gifted he was

album is dope btw, kissland was just disappointing
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? been on repeat, and I don't really ? with R&B like I used to. I actually spent money on the album lol. I think this is his best body of work. His 3 mixtapes was slappin but like after hearing half the songs they all started to sound the same. A lot of the songs were kinda sloppily put together too, but that ? still worked somehow. He should have took like 22 of those songs and made one full official album out of them. The rest should have been on mixtapes.

This album is what I been waiting for him to do. Switch it up a bit, and actually have more lyrics than chorus/instrumental. ? be having a dope ass song that be like 6 or 7 minutes long and only have like one or two minutes of bars. The rest of the track be chorus and oooooooh woooo whoa!!!!!!!! oooooooh whoa yeah!!!!!!! and instrumental. Or he would have a dope ass song filled with lyrics but it would always be hella short. Two of my favorite songs out of his 3 mixtapes. These songs stood out from the rest of the tracks.Kissland was his 808's and heart breaks album(lets not talk about that one)

With this album the hills, I can't feel my face, and earned it are perfect examples of his growth. People was like "man wtf is this? he sold out". I was like........"it's called growth".

I think he got my ? Miguel this time around. I'm feeling this body of work a little more than Miguel's. Anyway, this still my favorite song, glad it made the album instead of going to some mixtape.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe I'm saying this but besides 3 or 4 tracks...the album is trash af. I was expecting the album to have the same vibe as Often, so I had high hopes; especially since The Weeknd is known for consistency. You can clearly tell some of the beats/songs just doesn't say Weeknd...that Weeknd vibe just isn't there..too many higher ups were probably in his ear telling him to change direction since Earned It brought in a new demographic smh.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Granted my opinion may change later since I just finished listening to the album.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    till' this came out the weekend hadn't released a project that wasn't a classic. he dumbed down his sound and songwriting too far on this and made easily his worst body of music. some of the ? on here sounds like ? Bruno Mars could have made it. that being said, if somebody else made it, it would be a definite great album but for the Weeknd its a large step backward.

its not bad but if it ends up being classic it will be his only flawed one. Smfh @ ? still not catching up to Kissland, blow your head off if you still sleep on that album, it ? all over this. the Town miles better than anything on here and only the hills is even comparable. Theres a definite connection between intelligence and how much the weeknd's music goes over peoples head so if its still not clicking for you, get high, if that dont work go listen to the weeknd's ? little brother PND.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Ya this isnt better than PartyNextDoors album. His ? blew this out the water, but this is a good effort. Shoulda had that song he did with Ariana Grande and the ? he did with Ty Dolla and Wiz.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Thursday or HOB but those are two amazing projects

So far no complaints...good album

Need another listen or 2 before I can form a strong opinion either way
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm saying this but besides 3 or 4 tracks...the album is trash af. I was expecting the album to have the same vibe as Often, so I had high hopes; especially since The Weeknd is known for consistency. You can clearly tell some of the beats/songs just doesn't say Weeknd...that Weeknd vibe just isn't there..too many higher ups were probably in his ear telling him to change direction since Earned It brought in a new demographic smh.

I don't know if he had people in his ear, but co-sign some of the beats not fitting his vibe. I think the singles are actually the best songs because abel's singing works with the music well, but some of the album cuts sound like it was just a random vocal tracks put with a beat.

Weeknd usually kills it with his features too, like he did on the Or Nah remix, but I just don't get the same feeling from any of these songs.